Thailand extends alcohol ban, health ministry says some measures could be eased

snoop1130

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand extended a nationwide ban on alcohol sales until April 30

Pongsakorn Kwanmuang, spokesman for the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration.

All other provinces have also extended the ban to the end of the month, an Interior Ministry official said.

A previous 10-day ban in Bangkok, coinciding with an annual national holiday, had been due to end on April 20. The scheduled end date had varied in other provinces.

Is this headline correct? 

A nationwide extension or Bangkok extending to 30th April in line with most other provinces?

Not that it matters, however, I was under the impression that central government has not banned the sale of alcohol nationwide, each ban has been implemented by the individual provinces, case by case.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, OnTheGround said:

If you in Pattaya and need massage, a very few places are still open, but you really gotta use your eyes to find them. 

Same goes for alcohol.

Do tell, I have a lot of back problems, I stopped outside my normal massage place on the darkside a few days ago after I saw the front door open, I was told straight up, no way, I asked can I get someone to come to my house and got the same response ???? A PM would suffice if you know of somewhere over here.

Malls ?? So they don’t think everyone will pile into the air con malls to spend hours wandering around looking at stuff they can’t afford or nobody will want to eat while there and be sitting in tightly packed restaurants.????

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

"alcohol ban will help control the spread of the coronavirus by discouraging social gatherings" 

That only applies to people who require company in order to enjoy a drink, while millions worldwide now just want to sip a few, bored at home watching movies and licking the cat's butt ???? 

Dont know about you but I rarely watch movies while drinking and we dont own a cat.

• Haha 1

Maybe they should extend the ban until end of this year. I wonder how many expats then decline to stay in Thailand and move back home ????

On the serious side I understand the ban as people will party at home with alcohol in groups. Like so often responsible people suffer because some people are irresponsible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1