Amnesty-Extension - Retirment Visa's.....................

The amnesty (automatic extension) has been granted for all types of visas.

In case you don't believe it call 1178:

30 minutes ago, bkkguy1970 said:

I just got off the phone from the Immigration Hotline 1178. 

I said that I originally had a Non-Imm O visa and have been doing annual retirement extensions for the last 10 years and my most recent 12 month permission to stay is about to expire and I asked am I covered by the amnesty announcement

the response was a clear yes - the annual retirement extensions are covered by the amnesty announcement - automatic extension of permission to stay to 31 July, no fine, no overstay, procedure for next extension to be announced close to July 31

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

OP, what is point of your question. If you have annual extension due based on retirement then do it. 

Sometimes people refer to non O-A as retirement visa. If you have one of those and it's in first 12 month (has not expired)  and your asking about an exit and re-enter to obtain another 12 month permission of stay then clarify.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Makoshark said:

thanks guys...i'll show up "on time" ! !!   stay Safe

Show up on time for what. You never actually stated what is your situation. 

If you have been doing annual extensions then yes....attend immigration.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:53 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, what is point of your question. If you have annual extension due based on retirement then do it. 

Sometimes people refer to non O-A as retirement visa. If you have one of those and it's in first 12 month (has not expired)  and your asking about an exit and re-enter to obtain another 12 month permission of stay then clarify.

Like me I won't be renewing as I will be in oz for up to 2 Years . had 2 flights cancelled , not tying up any more credit card funds to the airlines until I know the airport is open full time. So if true its good news but will clarify with immigration.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Us" staying longtime should not be distracted by all that.

90 day report, one year extension as usual.

The 90 day reporting part in your post I don't agree with. The intent is to reduce the number of people showing up at immigration offices. I complied with that intent by skipping my 90 day report since it was not required. If a person can do them online they should go ahead and do them.

• Like 1

At Jomtien Immigration this week, I:

• did my 90-day reporting, Tuesday afternoon.  Total time inside was 5 minutes.
  • took in my documents for one-year extension (of OA visa), Thursday at 3:00.  No queue; was inside for about 10 minutes.
  • picked up my passport with one-year extension done, Friday at 2:30.  Time inside 2 minutes.

On the Thursday visit, I did have to do a quick remove of my mask (and my glasses) to have photo taken by the document checker lad.   Very few "customers" inside; social distancing easy to do.

All in all, low stress visits; happy to have all done.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 6:33 PM, petermik said:

Agree...did mine yesterday at Jomtien (Chonburi) in and out in 15 minutes....returned earlier today to pick up my passport....:thumbsup:

Same here. It’s never a long process but this year was express......????

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 5:08 PM, jackdd said:

I hope this is correct as that would help me a lot as mine is up for renewal in June and my wife who is my dependent just called me from the U.K. to tell me that BA have just cancelled the flight that she was due on at the end of May this is the second flight they have cancelled on her during this virus only problem I can see is when she returns her re entry stamp could be out of date as it would end when the extension of stay date in her passport I would like to think if this were to happen the 30 day tourist visa could be swapped over for the extension of stay stamp. I suppose it depends on the IO ours is Koh Samui 

On 4/22/2020 at 5:22 PM, ubonjoe said:

Do you have a reason for not doing your extension?

My suggestion is to do the extension unless you cannot qualify for it.

Question, what is the earliest you can submit  before the extension renew date. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Another office might tell you it isn't. ????

I would of course not rule out that this could happen, but in this case i would start by showing them the information published by the Immigration Bureau: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=130428198602959&id=110945480551231

If this doesn't help, then call 1178 and let them explain it to the local IO. And if this also doesn't help then call 1111 and register an official complaint.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Us" staying longtime should not be distracted by all that.

90 day report, one year extension as usual.

As ubonjoe said you are wrong about in person 90 day reports. They are not required, probably not even permitted, certainly at Udon the 90 day desk is shut and I suspect the triage girl outside will not even let you enter the office. I can not be sure as I didn’t see anyone try.

If you are able to do an online report it certainly is working and in my opinion a good idea as it’s one less thing to bother with.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

They are not required, probably not even permitted, certainly at Udon the 90 day desk is shut and I suspect the triage girl outside will not even let you enter the office. I can not be sure as I didn’t see anyone try.

Seems offices handle it differently.

But yes, you should be able to refer to the "amnesty" after skipping the report.

In Khon Kaen on April 14 it was doable.

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

If this doesn't help, then call 1178 and let them explain it to the local IO. And if this also doesn't help then call 1111 and register an official complaint.

it would much easier to just do the extension than go through all that nonsense 

Edited by smedly

On 4/22/2020 at 5:08 PM, jackdd said:

Several immigration offices says that annual extensions based on for example retirement are not covered in the amnesty. So,don't come with info you got from your immigration office. The main reason for the amnesty are to avoid having every stranded tourist standing in line outside every office in Thailand. So what's your excuse for not applying for your extension (if you're even staying in Thailand long term)? That question will popup when you eventually drag your a** to the office. And fyi, an annual extension is not a visa.

Edited by Max69xl

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Seems offices handle it differently.

But yes, you should be able to refer to the "amnesty" after skipping the report.

In Khon Kaen on April 14 it was doable.

At several offices it's possible to do the 90 days report if you want,but other offices wants you to do it online or not at all. The 90 days report isn't that important because of lockdowns in several provinces + the curfew. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Several immigration offices says that annual extensions based on for example retirement are not covered in the amnesty.

Then they give people wrong information.

41 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

So,don't come with info you got from your immigration office.

The info comes from the Immigration Bureau (1178 hotline, as clearly pointed out in the quoted post) they are above any immigration office. They also clearly wrote this on their Facebook now: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=130428198602959&id=110945480551231

Where did you get your information from?

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you sure about that?

I have said all along that it is best to do the extension. Telling people not to do them is wrong.

If they would not be covered and their expension expires today, it would mean from tomorrow on they would be on overstay.

I don't think they are on overstay and at least two days ago you thought the same. Did you change your mind?

I also trust the Immigration Bureau, because they are the authority setting the rules, more than a local immigration office. Chiang Mai immigration office would probably still accept a 30 day tourist visa application and don't tell the applicant it's wasted, just to get some money.

Edited by jackdd

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply up to 30 day early or 45 days at some offices.

Wondering what you might know about this Covid related detail:

My visa falls between the dates specifically mentioned by the Embassy -mine expires April 25. (I've contacted them also, haven't heard back) 

It says there will be automatic visa extensions for visas that expire between 30 April 2020 and 31 July 2020.

Also says if visa expired on 26 March or earlier need to visit the nearest local immigration office.

But no mention of visas between 26 March and 30 April. Any clues?  

DS

Edited by MrKFC
misspelling

4 minutes ago, MrKFC said:

But no mention of visas between 26 March and 30 April. Any clues?  

The information given by the embassy is wrong. It's about visas (they actually mean "permission to stay") which expired 26th March or later.

See the immigration website: https://immigration.go.th/content/visa_auto_extension

(The duration has now been extended from 30th April to 31st July, they didn't update this page yet)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If they would not be covered and their expension expires today, it would mean from tomorrow on they would be on overstay.

I don't think they are on overstay and at least two days ago you thought the same. Did you change your mind?

If a person cannot qualify (or don't  want them) for their one year or 90 day extensions they do fall under the order since they would have to leave the country to prevent an overstay.

Those that do qualify should apply for their extensions since their is no confirmation that they would be able to easily apply for one later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1