Police say Bang Tao checkpoint runner has ‘mental illness’

rooster59

Police say Bang Tao checkpoint runner has ‘mental illness’

By Khunanya Wanchanwet

1587737632_1-org.jpg

The woman rode through the checkpoint in the oncoming lane. Screengrab: Supplied

PHUKET: Police say that a woman who rode through the checkpoint in front of the Tesco Lotus store on Srisoonthorn Rd in Cherng Talay earlier today (Apr 24), heading towards Bang Tao – currently the area with the highest concentration of newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the island – is suffering from a ‘mental illness’.

The woman rode a motorbike through the checkpoint earlier today. Instead of stopping to be screened for possible infection of the virus, she drove into the lane of oncoming traffic approaching the checkpoint from the opposite direction.

She stopped halfway through and spoke very quickly. The only words clearly decipherable were, “I don’t care about Prayut Chan-o-cha.” Shen then rode off, ignoring officials pleas for her to stop, and ignoring officers shouting out, “Where are you going?”

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/police-say-bang-tao-checkpoint-runner-has-mental-illness-75830.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-25

11 hours ago, Worldplus said:

These checkpoints are manned by physiologists too eh..

Amazing Thailand...  Nuff said.

Not exactly...

"Further inquiries led officers to learn that the woman has a mental illness,” Lt Col Thunturong added".

'Nuff said.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Word said:

As the report says, the police are looking for her, she did not go home, until she turns up what can the police do?

I live in Bang Tao, this woman is well known to the police. If they can't find her then they are not trying.

Soldiers are being called in to do the work the police are failing to do.

2 hours ago, Soupdragon said:

I live in Bang Tao, this woman is well known to the police. If they can't find her then they are not trying.

Soldiers are being called in to do the work the police are failing to do.

I'm hearing the 'locals' aren't doing anything their told. They think their God will choose if they live or die so they aren't concerned. 

They don't care about the non believers. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

I'm hearing the 'locals' aren't doing anything their told. They think their God will choose if they live or die so they aren't concerned. 

Not sure that religion is the driving force here.

I think it is ignorance.

2 minutes ago, Soupdragon said:

Not sure that religion is the driving force here.

I think it is ignorance.

Why is that ignorance concentrated within that religious group? 

The numbers don't lie. Bangtao is in for the long haul lockdown. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

Why is that ignorance concentrated within that religious group? 

The numbers don't lie. Bangtao is in for the long haul lockdown. 

Many examples worldwide of ignorance in many religious groups. Your reference 'that' is not correct, leave it out and you have the truth.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Many examples worldwide of ignorance in many religious groups. Your reference 'that' is not correct, leave it out and you have the truth.

Why don't you report my post if you find it offensive and the mod will clean it up. It worked for you last time. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

Why don't you report my post if you find it offensive and the mod will clean it up. It worked for you last time. 

A pity you don't see the difference between flaming, can and often will be reported, and your post and mine above.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hansgruber said:

These religious nuts are the spreaders. Just look at Bangtao

I admit I too thought this when I saw the headscarf.

i live nearby and go regularly to buy dinner in BT from the street vendors. I know for sure, absolutely I’ve been blatantly targeted by prejudice there. All were muslims.

others of this faith in BT treat me with the respect and kindness I show them. 

7 hours ago, Soupdragon said:
18 hours ago, The Word said:

As the report says, the police are looking for her, she did not go home, until she turns up what can the police do?

At the time the press report was written, she hadn't been located, perhaps she has now and the police actually did all that they could reasonably be expected to do.

Did you contact the police to let them know where she was likely to be if you know of her so well?

Edited by The Word

19 hours ago, hansgruber said:

These religious nuts are the spreaders. Just look at Bangtao

Agreed what part of thailand has the most cases of Covid-19, Deep South.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1907855#cxrecs_s

Now 4 more cases in Bang Tao, in the descriptions most of the cases have something do with their 'religion'

Selfish muslims and their celebrating of ramadam are possible going to mean at least whole another month of lockdown for phuket ????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Is the teflon overlord in charge of this area?  The guy that has made plenty of headlines by saying he's getting out of politics, yet somehow is still around.  Maybe this will be his undoing.

Yes, his watch.

But no, teflon, so he'll brush this off as well.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, hansgruber said:

My thoughts exactly

• Like 1