Suvarnabhumi ready for normal operations from May 1

Jonathan Fairfield

Suvarnabhumi ready for normal operations from May 1

n7.jpg

Suvarnabhumi Airport will be ready to open again on May 1 after a temporary closure due to the pandemic crisis.

Sutheerawat Suwannawat, director of the airport, said that they would be able to support all flights as before but some adjustments would be required corresponding to preventive measures for Covid-19.

Screening facilities for everyone who enters the airport is still necessary and personnel at Suvarnabhumi must wear face masks and increase the frequency of sanitisation.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386798

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-26

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Normal or not Thailand comes out out of this a clear winner.

No bailout of the poor, no currency devaluation. 

CAD to THB 18

AUD to THB 14

USD to THB 40

very soon

I don't see it that way, Thailand has lost 15-20% of its GDP in tourism, and people are queueing up for food in Pattaya and Chiang Mai. Car yards are overflowing with repossessed vehicles that no-one has money to buy.

A number of people for years have been forecasting the AUD is going down the toilet. Hasn't happened yet.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

people are queueing up for food in Pattaya and Chiang Mai.

Exactly

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

A number of people for years have been forecasting the AUD is going down the toilet. Hasn't happened yet.

AUD-THB-chart-10-years.jpg

Down the toilet she goes

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

No mention of new so this must be normal Normal .. 

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

No mention of new so this must be normal Normal .. 

Its all everyday here say & as usual so vague in its content, theres always an element of truth but until the event actually happens no body knows for sure & then you still dont know 100% whats the score....Amazing Thailand

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's going to be interesting to see what they call 'normal' when it opens.

To be frank, I was just horrified to read this. Given what appears to be the natural talent which Thais have for cocking things up, to allow these people to essentially throw open the doors to all and sundry from foreign climes seems perverse at best, and lunatic at worst.

Perhaps I'm just waxing cynical.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

To be frank, I was just horrified to read this. Given what appears to be the natural talent which Thais have for cocking things up, to allow these people to essentially throw open the doors to all and sundry from foreign climes seems perverse at best, and lunatic at worst.

Perhaps I'm just waxing cynical.

Perhaps you should google recent arrivals at London Heathrow for the checking procedures they had to endure before dissing the Thais.

PH

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'm wondering if the bus shuttle between Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi will be operating. Perhaps the tax operators will have a field day.

The shuttle was operating early last week. A guest flew from Suratthani to Don Muaeng and took the shuttle to Suvarnabhumi. I have no idea of the frequency though.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Perhaps you should google recent arrivals at London Heathrow for the checking procedures they had to endure before dissing the Thais.

PH

A few tissues and alcohol to wipe those fingerprint checkers that multitudes touch before you might help.