Thai govt issues order extending emergency measures - alcohol ban unclear

webfact

54 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Now what do you think of the infection/death rate figures being released?

the answer is obvious - CV-19 thrives on alcohol, experts across the planet have overlooked this entirely

• Haha 1

The PM extending the emergency measures can't be due to this:

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Thursday:

2,954 people infected (+7)

2,687 discharged from hospital (+22)

213 in the hospital

54 dead (+0)

38 minutes ago, jonclark said:

And I bet every single governor and politician supporting this has a suitably large stash of wine / beer / whiskey at home and cannot see for a moment what the issue is..and I would include Prayut in that as soliders whether serving, ex (or in prayut case both) are well know to like a pint or two...just saying. 

As a previous poster mentioned this is about power and control, not co-vid. I hope people remember this when it comes to the next election. Rule by law or rule of law - make your choice voters. 

What next election? You're in the Army now woah woah You're in the Army now... In the Army now... 555

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jonclark said:

And I bet every single governor and politician supporting this has a suitably large stash of wine / beer / whiskey at home and cannot see for a moment what the issue is..and I would include Prayut in that as soliders whether serving, ex (or in prayut case both) are well know to like a pint or two...just saying. 

As a previous poster mentioned this is about power and control, not co-vid. I hope people remember this when it comes to the next election. Rule by law or rule of law - make your choice voters. 

Do you honestly think that the voters will be given a fair chance at voting? The rules will be changed to ensure that this group stay in power.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Never mind fellas, at least you are in Thailand, not at risk in your native lands ????

I'm stuck in the UK and i got rat arsed last night.... 

But I fill sorry for my pxxx head comrades on tvf

Edited by Davo369
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

For crying out loud, will they please stop avoiding the issue and tell us one way or the other if there is going to be a further booze ban or not? Other than causing misery for many people, I can't see what effect it can really have with numbers so low now.

That top cop that gets 50,000bht a month from Thaibev, for doing nothing, must be sweating on this......????

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I know it's Ramadan, but some days it seems like the Muslims have taken over running Thailand.

I have done ramadan in few Muslim countries over the years can honestly in most case easier to get beer than here at moment

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

That top cop that gets 50,000bht a month from Thaibev, for doing nothing, must be sweating on this......????

Protection money and payments to influential patrons and the Police continue as normal in these unprecedented times.

Just made our payments for this month as normal.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

I think they are too afraid. My guess is they are working on the theory that if they don't actually tell anyone that the ban is extended then no one will notice.... 

I agree with your second sentence however, personally, if I may, I’ll replace your first sentence with the following:

I think they are clueless.”

• Like 2

Until further notice guys. That's what it says. This is truely insanity on a grand scale. On the one hand they brag how well Thailand has done with the virus yet do this. This needs to get into the international media. One things for sure the majority of Thailand that hates Prayut now really, really hate him. Next election will be 20+ yrs from now.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

It's important to point out, that while 50k doesn't sound like much, he is likely receiving similar amounts from many other companies. 

1 hour ago, pattjock said:

make people driving motorbikes wear a helmet, that would save a lot more life's.

20,000 traffic related deaths annually... but hey, that's cool!
No need to change any laws to save lives there!

• Like 1