Restaurants in Pattaya adjust to "New Normal" rules

redwood1

16 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

The particular setup shown here is well meaning but basically pointless, because if they are serving infected diners they will be passing it on to everyone that surrounds them. Best avoid restaurants until this episode passes, and stick to takeaway. 

You're right. There are risks. All the temp checking, masking, and disinfecting theater can't eliminate that. As things slowly open up people are going to have to make their own risk decisions. Many workers have no choice and they are already risking infection every day. Enough people are going to have to feel safe enough to risk it for these various businesses. Many will not make it. 

Anyway I really need a haircut. I consider that higher risk than going to a new normal restaurant. But I'll eventually take that risk. 

Eating out is something many people do everyday. So I guess a compromise might be eating out much less often. 

We're all guinea pigs in this. 

• Like 2

It is all probability. No measures will reduce the risk of infection from one infected diner to others 100% but if it can reduce the risk to 80%, it is still recommendable. I will wait till the malls open up and check out what the big chains like sabushi, sukishi, MK, Thai Kitchen, etc. are doing. 

Edited by Mulambana

10 minutes ago, Oldie said:

They are not able to keep the required distance between two customers if they sit at the same table. So this plastic seems to be a great idea.

Yea... About as good of a idea as Saran wrapping your girlfriend before sex............Safety first....... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Yea... About as good of a idea as Saran wrapping your girlfriend before sex............Safety first....... 

The other option for this restaurant would be that only 1 person can sit at 1 table. Sure they are still free to sneeze on the food when preparing it. In respect of the girlfriend - best would be to have no sex at all. In this respect the law concerning sozial distancing needs urgent improvements.

10 minutes ago, connda said:

Bottom line: Enforced social distancing will destroy the restaurant industry <period>

Yes it will and business is going to be bad anyway. It's going to be a long time before any bars are allowed to open and I doubt many will be left.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Was something on Facebook showing a Thai couple in BKK with a plastic screen on the sides and down the middle. It didn't look like a pleasant dining experience.

No, that wouldn't be pleasant at all.  Seems a bit ridiculous as we are living together, sleep together, ride to the restaurant right next to each other in the car, don't keep social distancing when we are walking around, etc.   

They are trying their best to get back to making a living, they have to stick to the rules too so they can open.

Ignoring someone with a temperature gun (be it effective or not) is just ignorant, they are all just doing their jobs.

All about choice, go in and eat or dont, simple really.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

They are trying their best to get back to making a living, they have to stick to the rules too so they can open.

Ignoring someone with a temperature gun (be it effective or not) is just ignorant, they are all just doing their jobs.

I reckon the 'sticking to the rules' bit could be the stumbling block.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, sungod said:

Sorry when temperature guns are in front of grocery stores...You are forced to participate in this Covid insanity whether you want to or not.... Same goes for the useless masks...........