Air Fryer's

I'm gonna buy the knife and the chopping board and if I'm still happy I will get the Air Fryer, as that would relieve my missus of some cooking duties.

I can really screw up just a simple fish fillet, so this Fryer would simplify my life somewhat.

Been using for a few years now I have power airfryer xl under £100 in uk I bought New one over In October on plane as hand luggage could not do with out cooks a lovely stake but also so much more 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have been looking through this topic about air fryers, I had never heard of them and am very impressed, seems great for frying fish, french fries etc without or with very little oil.

Can anyone recommend one around the 2000Bt range and not Chinese?

Get one on Lazada for around 1500 to 2000 baht , you need a 5.5 liter. Had a smaller one before and liked it so much that i moved on to the normal adult size. Glas bowl halogene oven that i also have  can not compete with an airfryer!

Cheers

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Get one on Lazada for around 1500 to 2000 baht , you need a 5.5 liter. Had a smaller one before and liked it so much that i moved on to the normal adult size. Glas bowl halogene oven that i also have  can not compete with an airfryer!

Cheers

Thanks, I have done just that.

• Like 2

Bought a top of the range latest Tefal model. Stainless steel not plastic so excellent quality and large 4.2 litre capacity. Expensive but worth every penny. It cooks almost everything so easily with capacity for 4 persons so it's worth getting one with good capacity if you have a family. It's more of a multi-cooker than a fryer and requires no oil. Ribs, chops, steaks, pies, etc. all excellent. Best appliance I ever bought for the kitchen. Not sure now how I lived without one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JoeMc said:

Got a Phillip unit .. brilliant for chips ..also use it ..

Cook fish in tinfoil ..excellent (place the fish on oiled tin foil ..salt and slices of lemon, wrap 18/20mins) 

Reheat pizza slice

Chicken wings

Check out YouTube lots of ideas 

Limitations: container size

When you say "chips", do you mean those frozen sticks of compressed mashed potato type stuff, or can it do a decent job of "real" potatoes cut up by hand?

22 minutes ago, Grusa said:

When you say "chips", do you mean those frozen sticks of compressed mashed potato type stuff, or can it do a decent job of "real" potatoes cut up by hand?

Cover them with a spoon of oil or spray the cut potatoes with oil spray, then mix well and place in air fryer. They need lower temperature than frozen shoestrings. Philips and Tefal both come with recipe books for far more than fries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a Magic Airfryer bought from Lazarda a few years ago. It is very good cooks quickly and cleanly without oil. My only criticism is that the container is quite small I would like a bigger one. On investigations I found that the Ninja Airfryer is bigger and is made in the USA. Problem being electric supply difference. That can be overcome by buying from the UK. As soon as this virus problem settles down that’s what I will do 

Iv been using an Air-Fryer about 12 months now, its fantastic for chips/fries/wedges anyway you like they come out nice and crispy and noty gr5easy at all, Im talking homemade here... now also frozen fries etc... do not need any oil, just throw in and same again come out percfect. Great for warming things up, great for anything you would fry amd most things you put in an oven.

Only draw back is your basket size depending on the size you buy, mines great for 1 or 2 people but say for family of four deffo would nbeed the large ones.

Along with my slow cooker is best kitchen gadgets av ever bought.

Dont know why some keep mentioning Halogen ovens lol, nothing to do with Air -Frying... Apples & Pears?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ChipButty said:

How many of you guys use an Air Fryer? if so what make,

Never had one I was wondering how does the food taste?

Use one almost every day, hard to imagine we could survive without it; have had it for several years now. It's a Philips – the cheap 1,000 baht or less models are far from similar good, I have tried – Philips and like models, there are more, costs from about 4,000 to around 6,000 baht. The food is excellent due to less use of oil. It's pretty much like using a normal hot air oven, but the design and smaller size makes it even faster.

Philips-LEAD-1.jpg

So far my main uses are:

Potatoes like french fried, farm cuts, or hash browns straight from freezer;

frozen bread that becomes as fresh baked;

baking/burning raw peanuts;

making crispy pork/pork rind;

and frying meat, even a roast.

My girlfriend use it furthermore for:

frying fish;

frying seafood including scrimps and crabs;

frying chicken;

frying bugs;

frying some vegetables;

frying bananas and like;

and various Thai stuff I don't know the names for.

• Like 2

"Air fryer"?

There's no such thing.

Frying is defined as cooking food in oil.

If you cook food with HOT AIR, it's called an "oven".

What you bought was a cheap, plastic oven.

That outgases nasty chemicals in your food every time you use it.

Throw that in the trash where it belongs.

And acknowledge that you got scammed and hoodwinked.

By the way, you can buy a REAL oven for as little as 3000B that's made out of METAL that doesn't outgas nasty chemicals on your food. ????

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

Yes we have one,a Phillips bought from homepro.

love the thing as we don’t have an oven..

We use it all the time for making French fries,a few drops of cooking all makes a big difference.

We also use it for cooking chicken legs,chicken breast and pork. (No oil needed).

You can roast veg like potato,pumpkin and beetroot. Just slightly rub them in oil,makes them crispy.

The misses uses it to cook them little hotdogs and Chiang Mai sausage.

If you have a small condo or kitchen without a oven they are definitely worth having.

Drawback,small cooking compartment,but for one to two people you are definitely ok.

One other note if you use to much oil you will get a lot of smoke coming out the vent. Not recommended. Certain foods with a lot of oil in them will do the same thing.

Like a few posts have stated already,check out you tube.

• Like 1

I have had a TEFAL for a year or 2,   bought it at Robinsons, Central Mall, Udon Thani.   It is very good   -    I normally spray just a little olive oil on whatever I am going to cook.   For roast potatoes I cut them to size first,   then boil them,   then brown them off in the deep fryer.   Great stuff!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Grusa said:

Go to the first page of this post one of the members tells you exactly how he does proper chips using potatoes good luck 

2 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Oh I don't know.  I barely step foot in the kitchen but know my wife wouldn't put up with no crazy <deleted> air fryer.  

What you mean you're to tight to buy her one?

21 hours ago, chuang said:

Pay a little bit more go for Phillips.

I bought a Phillips and it was as useless as your comment, if you want to recommend include the model, not all models are the same.

The one I had was one of the smaller models and didn't cook evenly. My niece was at uni in China and she had bought one there but found it on the big side so she brought it back and exchanged it for my small one. The Chinese one was far superior, Shenben 3.5L is the make, and the air circulation far better than the Phillips. Over 3 years old now and seen some use, wouldn't be without it.

Edited by sandyf