More people violating curfew after easing of lockdown

webfact

More people violating curfew after easing of lockdown

By THE NATION

800_b84d9631d691e41.png?v=1588815368

The number of people violating the night curfew has risen after the government eased lockdown measures that had been imposed to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in many provinces, an official said.

“In the past 24 hours, officials have reported 104 cases of public gatherings and 699 cases of people leaving their residences after the start of curfew,” Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesperson for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), said on Wednesday (May 6).

“Some 45 per cent of the violations were to drink alcohol, 20 per cent to gamble and 18 per cent for other reasons. It is obvious that the lifting of the ban on alcohol sales has caused more people to gather to drink.”

The spokesman also added that CCSA officials have performed random checks on 12,996 establishments that were allowed to open. “The majority [12,547 establishments] complied with the Ministry of Public Health’s regulations and maintained social distancing, while 449 operators failed random checks and were ordered to rectify,” he said. “Restaurants are the best at cooperating with the CCSA with 4,403 out of 4,559 passing the random checks.”

The Royal Thai Police Headquarters reported that in the past 24 hours, the provinces with the highest number of curfew violators were: Phuket (55 people), Pathum Thani (54), and Ratchaburi (31).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387420

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-07

Lock them up!!

Simple!!!!

Lets just hope the great leader doesn't use the Army way of dealing with it by punishing all the paltoon (us) because of the few.

If you get my meaning,,,

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

If they reinstate the alcohol ban 

From local language news, the top has been very unhappy with peoples alcohol hoarding last days. Increase in curfew incidents, and traffic accidents all due to alcohol consumption.

A new alcohol ban is very likely soon.

26 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

So drinking 45%

I don't believe this

This is to try and justify both the past and future alcohol ban

if people were out after curfew drinking why are they not being prosecuted for drink driving as well - sorry I don't believe 

• Like 1

Very few compared to the total population of Thai and foreigners staying here. Everyone knows about the curfew and congregating, but even near my home I can see 1 house (Thai) on other side of the fence different housing estate has guests over nightly who I have seen them drinking and playing cards, another one (Thai) just yesterday had eating guests on their front porch, and over the last weekend 2 other houses had drinking parties and food fests going on ( Thai + Foreigners). All I say is arrest them, fine them the 100k to slap them hard and forbid them from drinking alcohol as they will need to check in with the police everyday, and finally put them on probation for 2 years. Seems harsh? Not in my eyes as they are just being jerks flouting the basic rules. I will also say they probably won't be doing it again. I have no problem staying home and drinking by myself.

• Sad 1

Just now, smedly said:

I don't believe this

This is to try and justify both the past and future alcohol ban

if people were out after curfew drinking why are they not being prosecuted for drink driving as well - sorry I don't believe 

It could be 45% but 45% of what. The figures given are not well explained. You're right it is about justification but even if the 45% is 45% of all cases and this number is correct it is still only around 400 nation wide of which 140 were in only three provinces. There is no possible way this can be said to be widespread.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

If they reinstate the alcohol ban based purely on a handful of curfew breakers then they might as well come out and publicly admit that they are completely incapable of policing the problem.   

600 is hardly a handful...let's not forget, this is only the ones that were caught in the last 24 hours....probably  thousands or tens of thousands out partying the past 4 or 5 days. I'm against banning selling beer but it seems it may be the only way

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The sledge hammer about to hit.

Stock up.

Did that this morning. Now I will restock at a higher level, just in case.

3 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

deleted post

7 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Nananananaaanaaaa

Dub give a tosser I do it my way

Gotta get me some chowmeun and more booze stock to keep my sanity ya feel me

1588810795976.jpg

Watch the Birdy, that'll kill you!

10 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

If they reinstate the alcohol ban based purely on a handful of curfew breakers then they might as well come out and publicly admit that they are completely incapable of policing the problem.   

That is so true if the bib cant sort a handful of morons with either no brain or sense or both, lets welcome the Army back as i for one don't want to be without Leo ever again, why did i come here from a sensible well governed Uk to be without Leo, ok sock it to me .

20 hours ago, Sharp said:

Lock them up!!

Simple!!!!

Lets just hope the great leader doesn't use the Army way of dealing with it by punishing all the paltoon (us) because of the few.

If you get my meaning,,,

Use the army by all means...

Any violator gets one month boot camp male or female.

Up at 05:00 doing the breakfast for all the others, then clean the kitchen before they eat, hard labour all day, workouts if they moan, then do all the sh**ty jobs around camp that no-one else wants to do, no freedom nothing.
Then see if they want to violate again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Use the army by all means...

Any violator gets one month boot camp male or female.

Up at 05:00 doing the breakfast for all the others, then clean the kitchen before they eat, hard labour all day, workouts if they moan, then do all the sh**ty jobs around camp that no-one else wants to do, no freedom nothing.
Then see if they want to violate again.

Agreed!!

if it's only the idiots and not punishing all from the sake of a few ...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

Did that this morning. Now I will restock at a higher level, just in case.

Agreed.  I restocked yesterday for about a month.  Might want to restock for even longer in case the gov changes their mind. 

• Like 1