Why do you continue to live in Thailand

4MyEgo

42 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Burning was mostly in Cambodia but also within Thailand. AQI improved as soon as it started raining.

Yes I remember January and early February but you make it sound like it lasted much longer. The whole of the Bight of Bangkok coastal area was affected by very light airs. A rare occasion for the time of year. There is not much agri land left to burn near Pattaya. The main problem were vehicle (diesel) emissions which rose and concentrated into a static haze. Bangkok was worse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Anyway hey, sounds like you hate the place and best to go to your home country and clear your head of all the negativity.  Please check in from time to time.

Good luck.

Hate is a strong word, don't hate Thailand at all, it just isn't for me, in other words, if your in a marriage and your not happy, would you stay in it for the sake of it, I know I wouldn't, so I am divorcing Thailand you could say, but taking the wife and the kids with me if that makes sense ????

6 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Because i cant stand bloody emigrants in Europe. Simple as that, its flooded with em

So you decide to come visit them at home.

Guess you can't get enough of them then

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidgy said:

Working offshore, i have seen a lot of the world and nowhere is perfect  but for me the good in Thailand definately outweighs the bad.

I have two children to my Thai wife and believe they get a better education (private school) and happier upbringing here than they would back in the UK and for me that is the most important thing.

i would be devastated if i had to return to live in the Uk  as i still love my life here and have no intention of leaving given a choice 

There is no way in hell a child has the opportunities in Thailand then they do living in the west.not true. And the quality of life is nowhere near the west. Make all the excuses you want, not a chance anyone should be raising their children in Thailand.i don't see young families in the west lined up at immigration trying to get their families a Thai visa because it it THE place to raise a family.

Edited by Ron jeremy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

the vast majority of the home country bashing is from people in the UK, I have never been, but it's sad to hear people hate their home country so much.

If you'd been, you'd know, I'd probably have liked it better as a woman or a non-white.

And viewing your previous posts, you're the one saying in hndsight you would have never bought in Asia, and would move in an instant if given the choice. But you're stuck there. Remember?

You do understand living in Thailand as a foreigner, and living in Thailand as a citizen are different?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Hate is a strong word, don't hate Thailand at all, it just isn't for me, in other words, if your in a marriage and your not happy, would you stay in it for the sake of it, I know I wouldn't, so I am divorcing Thailand you could say, but taking the wife and the kids with me if that makes sense ????

Sounds like you need to change your footnote then.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

There is no way in hell a child has the opportunities in Thailand then they do living in the west.not true. And the quality of life is nowhere near the west. Make all the excuses you want, not a chance anyone should be raising their children in Thailand.i don't see young families in the west lined up at immigration trying to get their families a Thai visa because it it THE place to raise a family

So you say i am wrong in my believe that Thailand is better for my children to grow up than the UK, 

Could you tell me on what basis as.....

the vast majority of the home country bashing is from people in the UK, I have never been,

1 hour ago, Ron jeremy said:

sorry to hear about the UK, never been

In fact , do you actually have children of your own? You only talk of Nephews and Nieces but you think you know better than i, how best to to raise my children!!!

3 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

don't see young families in the west lined up at immigration trying to get their families a Thai visa

Not eligible so why would they?

Seems funny not many young people in the west are flocking to Asia for a better life,

Funny that, i have one son in his 20's from UK, Guess where he has chosen to be,  go on guess, need a clue, it aint the UK

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

There is no way in hell a child has the opportunities in Thailand then they do living in the west.not true. And the quality of life is nowhere near the west. Make all the excuses you want, not a chance anyone should be raising their children in Thailand.i don't see young families in the west lined up at immigration trying to get their families a Thai visa because it it THE place to raise a family.

I'm from the US and think it's a great place. I still own multiple homes in Ca. should I ever decide to return. 

You're confusing opportunity with pursuit of happiness. I have an 8 yr old daughter who attends an EP school where I think she's receiving a good education. In the states I'd be paying for a private school as well because of the <deleted> they teach in public schools. My kid with good English skills and graduate from top Thai University has a rosy future in Thailand with a good job. Here she has a large family in Isaan and we live 1 min from local beach in a fishing village. Life is good here. Of course a family in the US wouldn't up and move to Thailand for better opportunities, that's silly. 

• Like 2

Why do you continue to live in Thailand?

Because I can! And because still the best value for money if you have what they require to get proper visa!

Food

People

Speed limits

Freedom as retarded retired

and Bangkok - Europe one flight only

and of course my gf is thai, and she is happy in Thailand

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So many elderly expats looking back on their youth with nostalgia, if the west is such a great place today, why are you here?

You can hold both places in your hearth? Im still found of my homecountry, and possible I move back when I feel to old to live in in Thailand if status q as now! This aint angood place to die, but maybe in future things is different. We will see, and therefor I not 100% giving up my mother country

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I haven't been back to the UK for 50 years so I don't know what it's like now. I read English newspapers and have a few contacts (ex-pats in Europe who travel back home sometimes) seems just as boring now as it was then, no wonder drug taking and binge drinking are the Brits favourite pastimes. The UK is probably OK if you have a lot of money but if I had a lot of money it would still be the last place I would want to go.

I live in Thailand because I like it here, never had any negative experiences in my 15 years here (Isan), I have family here and don't know where else I could go or would want to go. IMO negative experiences are home grown, you cause them yourself, forget the ego and just be polite and friendly and see the funny side of things. I was once stopped for speeding at a checkpoint, the officer slid his clipboard through the window and said 200 Baht under his clipboard would solve the problem, I gave him the 200 and said don't spend it all at once, save some for later, he laughed and gave 100 back, for my baby son, he said, who was on his mothers lap. If I did that in Germany I would have been summoned for speeding, bribery, not having my son in a proper childs seat and get points on my license, yes all very correct and I would have deserved it, especially for the baby seat but I've never seen one to buy where I am, live is easy here.

Life is easy, but so is death. Baby seats on Lazada.

• Like 1

The horrendous air pollution is the straw that broke the camel's back for us, and it's only going to get worse! I understand that burning the fields lowers production costs and increases profits for middleman but who else does it actually benefit? Not the millions of peasants being exposed to unhealthy, hazardous, and toxic air 24/7 six months a year. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Life is easy, but so is death. Baby seats on Lazada.

He's 12 years old now. Death is easy anywhere, at a certain age it doesn't matter much. As the Indian sage Nisargadatta said in 'I am that', '' Your natural state is that prior to consciousness, find that which witnessed your body's birth and will witness its death, before all beginnings and after all endings, I am. You were never born nor can you ever die, that which changes is not real, that which is real does not change.

Edited by soalbundy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1