Schools, colleges, theme parks set to reopen under 4th phase easing on June 15

webfact

Schools, colleges, theme parks set to reopen under 4th phase easing on June 15

By The Nation

800_8851be4bdbd8eba.jpg?v=1591778219

Activities related to education and health will be allowed to restart under the fourth-phase easing of disease controls, expected to commence on June 15.

Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), revealed today (June 10) that the draft for fourth phase easing will be discussed on Friday (June 12) and covers three categories – education, the economy, and health.

The spokesman added that concern was focused on education since students' studies had been badly affected by the virus.

The draft includes both major and minor measures that must be applied by schools, universities and other educational facilities when they reopen.

Major measures include mandatory mask-wearing, hand-cleansing stations, frequent cleaning, ensuring desks are placed at least 1 metre apart, social distancing of 5 metres between staff and students, reduced classroom time, and checking in and out via the ThaiChana platform.

Minor measures include checking for and reporting suspected Covid-19 cases, and adapting to the “new normal” via innovations such as e-learning.

For the category of economic activities, measures for restaurants, hotels, and drinks shops (not including pubs, bars, and karaoke joints) focus on hygiene, frequent bathroom cleaning, maintaining a distance of one metre between people staff and customers, pre-booking, and using the ThaiChana check-in platform. Self-service for customers at buffet restaurants will be banned.

Relaxed restrictions on public transport services focus on the same hygiene and social distancing rules, with one seat in every three seats left empty and maximum passenger capacity of 70 per cent. People travelling more than 200 kilometres between provinces must fill in a health form.

Film or TV crews will be allowed to operate with a maximum 150 people while studio audiences must be limited to 50.

Health-related outlets such as spas and saunas will also be permitted to reopen but must maintain health restrictions such as mask-wearing, hand cleansing, social distancing of square metres between customers and maximum treatment time of two hours Customers must pre-book their treatments and check-in with ThaiChana platform.

Amusement and water parks can reopen under the fourth phase relaxation, with customer numbers limited to one per 8 square metres and people only allowed to stay for two hours.

Taweesin said the curfew had not been discussed. However, the government is reportedly mulling lifting the curfew for a 15-day trial period when the fourth-phase easing commences.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389396

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-10

Thailand to consider reopening more businesses as virus appears contained

2020-06-10T063549Z_1_LYNXMPEG590GN_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A barber shaves a customer in a barbershop in front of the Grand Palace, as it reopens after months of being closed, as the Thai government eases isolation measures, amid the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Bangkok, Thailand, June 7, 2020. REUTERS/Jorge Silva/File Photo

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand will consider a plan to reopen more businesses and establishments from as early as June 15, an official said on Wednesday, after the country has reported no local transmissions of the coronavirus in the past 16 days.

The government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration will consider the plan for the next phase of more "high risk" reopenings on Friday, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, the centre's spokesman.

A draft of the plan currently includes schools, alcohol sales in dine-in restaurants, concerts with seating arrangements, amusement parks and playgrounds, and outdoor sports facilities, he said.

The businesses and activities could resume as early as June 15, or sometime before the end of the month, said Taweesin.

The plan does not yet include nightlife venues or "soapy massage" parlours, he said.

Since early May, Thailand has gradually lifted restrictions on businesses and activities such as shopping malls, public parks, restaurants, gyms and cinemas.

Thailand reported four new coronavirus cases and no new deaths on Wednesday, bringing its total to 3,125 confirmed infections, of which 58 were fatalities.

The new cases were quarantined Thai nationals returning from Madagascar, Pakistan and India, said Taweesin.

(Reporting by Patpicha Tanakasempipat; Editing by Ed Davies)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-06-10

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, webfact said:

People travelling more than 200 kilometres between provinces must fill in a health form.

Where and how are we suppose to fill in this health form.  So I drive to visit friends in Phang Nga from Bangkok, will I need this form before I go, or when I get to their house, or is it only if I use public transport?

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 3

Thailand to allow drinking alcohol in restaurants June 15

t-02-Thailand-ban-lifting-plans-on-Frida

Alcohol sales will be allowed in dine-in restaurants under restrictions and without sales promotion activities.

BANGKOK – The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has revealed a draft plan for the fourth phase of easing business lockdown to allow resumption of high-risk activities while bars, pubs, karaoke shops and massage parlours will remain closed.

Thailand on Wednesday reported no local transmissions of Covid-19 for 16 days in a row.Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin, CCSA spokesman said the draft plan will be discussed at the major CCSA meeting on Friday. He disclosed the plans as follows:

School buildings, educational institutes, tuition and training centers will be allowed to reopen with implementation of social distancing and disease control measures.

Full story: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/thailand-to-allow-drinking-alcohol-in-restaurants-june-15-303561

screenshot_10211.jpg

-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2020-06-11

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The more they move forward the more things get insane.

A "health form"?

Where do we get that and what does it mean?

Schools reopen on the 15th, instead of next month, and we are told about it only a couple of days before!

One swimmer per 8 sqm in water parks...do they have to stand still at all times so that someone can make the measurements?

And of course, no bars and the likes...super high risk!

Meanwhile, in the rest of the world, in places far more affected by the pandemic than Thailand, life is back to normal...you should see the recent videos from Las Vegas...

What is going on here has nothing to do with prudence, it is a deliberate destruction of the economy, for reasons still unknown...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Major measures include mandatory mask-wearing, hand-cleansing stations, frequent cleaning, ensuring desks are placed at least 1 metre apart, social distancing of 5 metres between staff and students, reduced classroom time, and checking in and out via the ThaiChana platform.

Glad that the children might finally go back to school. BUT...

Is that  5 metres from the teacher to the students? Or 5 metres for everyone from each other?

Going to have to be a bloody big classroom!

Don't know how true this is, but I was also told by a head teacher at an international school that air con can only be run for a limited amount of time. one or two hours, then must be turned off.

What with all the extra cleaning and 5 metre distancing, how will they manage to teach anyone?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smedly said:

if I owned a bar I'd be very angry

Yesterday,i watched the operators of a bar,next to my condo,at Cosy beach,remove ALL their belongings from the bar...closed.

Very sad yo see..ive never drank there,but many locals do like a quiet drink there.

Ive also seen many bars and gogos in pattaya,with for sale signs..

I think they realize that things will be quiet for many more months.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

You've been able to set the language to English for a while.almost from day one.

Yeah, it has always offered he translation option at the bottom of the screen. I think it comes from Google but it is translated well.

16 hours ago, webfact said:

The plan does not yet include nightlife venues or "soapy massage" parlours, he said.

What about daytime open-air bars - easy to monitor social distancing plus a normal healthy atmosphere ..!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

You've been able to set the language to English for a while.almost from day one.

The Phone App (not web application) is actually now available. For android phones go into Play Store and search for Morchana (Not Thai Chana)

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, pattjock said:

The ThaiChana app was mentioned frequently. This app was promised to be available in English long time ago but is still not. Was this a lie or has someone seen this app in English?

Don't think there is an app. I have been using a generic QR Code reader that has been on my phone since long before covid. Scan the QR Code on entry to store and it gives you the language and entry or exit options.

On way out exit option gives a questionnaire about store which you can skip.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, smedly said:

if I owned a bar I'd be very angry

Perhaps not enough bar and venue owners have sold to the right people at the right price - yet?

I'm not suggesting that the principal of applying measures to inhibit the spread of the Covid 19 virus is (was) wrong.

I do suspect that latterly a variety of ulterior motives have emerged, in the way that they are being applied.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

If I owned a bar I would start selling food.  Get a couple of carts outside and sell somtam

The problem is ,

That is what many others have already done and you need to sell cheaper and taste better than the cart down the road.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

They're gonna be really teed-off, as well as thousands of staff still laid-off.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, richardlg said:

Don't think there is an app. I have been using a generic QR Code reader that has been on my phone since long before covid. Scan the QR Code on entry to store and it gives you the language and entry or exit options.

On way out exit option gives a questionnaire about store which you can skip.

Yes, there is, I downloaded it a week or so ago.