I’m sitting in the Pub right now and all I can say is....

WineOh

2 hours ago, Oldie said:
2 hours ago, time2093 said:

So its the tourist fault that Thailand wont open its boarders not the government fault that cause thousands of people to loose their livelihood in Thailand.

The tourists can't come to Thailand because there are no flights. What does the government of Thailand have to do with it? I think they really do a lot but they can't do miracles. 

Who do you think placed the ban on commercial flight arrivals in Thailand if was nothing to do with the Thai Government?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

Went to Dukes in CM for lunch tody it was three quaters full not bad for lunch

CM is not so bad now and even the Sunday walking street has giddy upped a week or so ago. Even can find a place to drink if you look to where the Thai are at or maybe a gal peaking her head out of a bar on Loi Kroh rd. 

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:
1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

As I'm an expat who doesn't rely on a business in Thailand, I'm absolutely loving it. Hardly any traffic on the roads and peace and quiet.  

It's great isn't it.

Short sighted... Wait until the economy dies and people start getting desperate. 

I hope it doesn’t happen, however, as the economy tanks and people lose income they become more desperate - the potential for everyone else, foreigners included, to become the target of indiscriminate crime, muggings, burglaries etc increases.... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Enoon said:
52 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Oh dear. So who do you think closed the airports?

This is what you have responded to:

Examples of Sarcasm

Sarcasm is an ironic or satirical remark tempered by humor. Mainly, people use it to say the opposite of what's true to make someone look or feel foolish.

Most native Anglophones (unless they are Mid-West Americans or have Aspergers Syndrome) get it, even when presented "baldly" in print and thus without the facial/tonal nuances that make it so effective when "played live".

One would hope so, no one can be that stupid to believe that the ban on commercial flight arrivals are not dictated by the government. However, there is little in the comment (pasted below) to suggest sarcasm other than the obvious stupidity of the comment. Usually, emoticons are used to highlight a sarcastic or satyrical comment. 

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

No not the fault of the government, they can't help it that the airports are closed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

One would hope so, no one can be that stupid to believe that the ban on commercial flight arrivals are not dictated by the government. However, there is little in the comment (pasted below) to suggest sarcasm other than the obvious stupidity of the comment. Usually, emoticons are used to highlight a sarcastic or satyrical comment. 

So calling me stupid is your way of communicating on a public forum?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

It seems to work well on here to be fair. How would you rather be addressed?

I think i'm very smart, we all know that closing airports is very good for tourism...how come you don't understand it?

13 minutes ago, fruitman said:
15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So calling me stupid is your way of communicating on a public forum?

That depends if you were being sarcastic or not.

For if you were being sarcastic, I am the stupid one for believing it possible that someone could be stupid enough to believe that the ban on commercial flights was not dictated by the Thai Government.

However, if you were not being sarcastic and actually believed the Thai Government had nothing to do with the ban on commercial flights, then... well... y’know... if the hat fits.... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

That depends if you were being sarcastic or not.

For if you were being sarcastic, I am the stupid one for believing it possible that someone could be stupid enough to believe that the ban on commercial flights was not dictated by the Thai Government.

However, if you were not being sarcastic and actually believed the Thai Government had nothing to do with the ban on commercial flights, then... well... y’know... if the hat fits.... 

We all know that the ban on flights has nothing to do with no tourists in pattaya...also that ultra strong baht has nothing to do with it...man! How can you not see that Richard? Did you drink enough tea today mate? 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

CM is not so bad now and even the Sunday walking street has giddy upped a week or so ago. Even can find a place to drink if you look to where the Thai are at or maybe a gal peaking her head out of a bar on Loi Kroh rd. 

Not so bad? It is the most horrific it ever been. That things are open left and right says nothing about the OP's point, that there is no customers neither people spending.
Those markets are usually visited by people spending 50 baht.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Precisely. I have a few friends in the USA who would be on airplane right now if it was open without any quarantine.

I'd be on a plane right now (to Cambodia) if the borders were open without restrictions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Your should feel honored. You are in the pub with no beer. Now sing...

Well it's lonesome away

From your kindred and all

On Beach Rd at night

Where thieving ladyboys call.........................

• Like 2

Here in BKK, beginning last Monday, restaurants can serve alcohol again. One of my favorite pubs falls under this category, so I'll be headed there with the wife this Friday. ???? Can't do it yet I'm afraid, as I'm still spending each weekday morning and afternoon teaching online.

19 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Not so bad? It is the most horrific it ever been. That things are open left and right says nothing about the OP's point, that there is no customers neither people spending.
Those markets are usually visited by people spending 50 baht.

The point is it is alive like a young Frankenstein ready to grow up and there is some spending. Certainly better than most parts of this country.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I'd be on a plane right now (to Cambodia) if the borders were open without restrictions.

You and me both mate.

50 cent beers and $10 jumps.

whats not to like?

Edited by Liverpoolfan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Susco said:

What's not to like?

I guess the $3000 quarantine deposit

He said if there was no restrictions.

I think the 3000 dollar deposit comes under the umbrella of restrictions.

as soon as those borders open up Im heading to Siem reap with about 10 grand in me back burner ready to wax the lot.

ill be the one walking down the road in a Hawaiian shirt & trilby with about 7 or 8 slim local girls heading to the bedroom.

i won’t be leaving my room for a week ????

Edited by Liverpoolfan

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

The point is it is alive like a young Frankenstein ready to grow up and there is some spending. Certainly better than most parts of this country.

In which parts have you been and in which places in CM have you been? You sound like a person always at home, with no actual clue, no offense. It is super quiet and horrific in CM once again, the only thing that changed is people driving around endlessly to buy cheap street food, as usual. Students continue what they did since my first visit (and i got relocated to CMU area recent), drink and party at home. But the usual spenders in places, are long gone.

If no improvement by this weekend or next week, I will be 90% sure it will be 50% worse than today. I dare to bet on it, I been right on every thing since the coup.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Short sighted... Wait until the economy dies and people start getting desperate. 

I hope it doesn’t happen, however, as the economy tanks and people lose income they become more desperate - the potential for everyone else, foreigners included, to become the target of indiscriminate crime, muggings, burglaries etc increases.... 

I'm not worried about it. They are extremely desperate already, and it's still fine. 

Apart from that, I can move if necessary. Either way, what I think about it won't change anything, so allow me to enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts.

7 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Precisely. I have a few friends in the USA who would be on airplane right now if it was open without any quarantine.

Come for what? Closed businesses, no one around, it's desolate. I have friends telling me it's nothing short of a nuclear holacaust. Curfews, lockdowns, although lifted, finally can get a beer. They say it's the last place they would tell their friends to come to. And don't beleive what you read on this forum, life in the west is pretty much back to normal and has been for a long time. I surely don't see people lined up at departure terminal waiting for things to open.

• Like 1