Thailand’s PM warns opposition MPs not to insult his intelligence

rooster59

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

good job Khun Prayut Chan O Cha ....  basically telling him to shut his trap  !!   lol

Capture.Prayut3.PNG.dcfa99ffa369ea53c4de25c7a28541da.PNG

Debate, scrutiny, transparency, accountability, responsibility, and upholding the constitution (even if he can't get the oath correct) comes with the territory prayut. If you don't like it you can leave.

I find his response rather telling. He seems quite thin skinned, possibly deeply vain and  lacking self confidence.. For a military man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Having seen some of Prayut’s comments on boiling water and sitting in the sun to kill covid 19, etc, I’m under the impression he doesn’t have a basic grasp of science either. 

Well as per my earlier post, you are commenting "he doesn’t have a basic grasp of science either" but that would very much depend on what subject his Degree was actually in. 

Edited by Patts

15 minutes ago, Patts said:

Well as per my earlier post, you are commenting "he doesn’t have a basic grasp of science either" but that would very much depend on what subject his Degree was actually in. 

It would. But most well-educated people have a basic grasp of science regardless of their major. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:

frankly i'm astounded,  i'm fascinated how so many TV members can simply ascertain and evaluate one's intellectual capabilities and vocabulary attributes when they haven't even met the man. :cheesy:

so many highly knowledgeable intelligent TV members just wasting their talent away ...... 

you couldn't not make this stuff up if you tried ......  

Particularly when most cant even sort the paperwork out for another year in his country....

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayut graduated with a bachelor of science degree from Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy. Like his direct predecessor, Anupong Paochinda, and former defence minister Prawit Wongsuwan, Prayut is a member of the army's "eastern tigers" faction.  

Our Khun Prayut studied in Class 12 of the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School before moving on to Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy in Class 23.

A former commander of the 2nd Infantry Battalion of the 21st Infantry Regiment, he has also held the posts of commander of the 21st Infantry Regiment, commander of the 2nd Infantry Division, and commander of the First Army Area. He was later promoted to Army chief-of-staff then deputy Army chief, eventually assuming the top post of Army commander-in-chief.

Khun Prayut is the chief of the National Council for Peace and Order 

Our Khun Prayut Chan O Cha became the prime minister and NCPO chief in August 2014.

So not very well educated then. Just clawed his way to (nearly) the top of the tree, in spite of his mediocrity. Or nepotism, or paid his way?

Edited by Grusa
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Particularly when most cant even sort the paperwork out for another year in his country....

Absolutely spot on. I could not agree more. The bit about thailand being "his country". Spot on and speaks volumes about the man and his legacy. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He said he held no personal grudge against Mr. Surachet, adding that his government has never approved a project just to favour any particular individual or supplier.

And there you have it... 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Patts said:

I'm sorry but I don't see the relevance between him being PM, having a 'bachelor of science degree' and speaking English. He's the PM of Thailand so whether he can speak english or not is largely irrelevant. In fact I would probably say he would get more browny points from China for not speaking English.

Could Trump or Boris speak Thai, Mandarin or Russian?

I'm no fan of Prayut and think he should have gone long ago, but I'm not going to hate on him for not speaking English.

"think he should have gone long ago," Should never have been there in the first place. Who voted for him apart from his own cohorts? Sorry Steven100.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
14 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

Your country does not have an embassy in Bangkok?

Yes they do but they OWN the site.

Sure -- but once they step outside it, they don't.

I don't really care but once I saw the OP headline yesterday, it was only a matter of minutes before the "What intelligence?" posts came up and it's been going on now for 6 pages.

Edited by SkyFax

Prayut clearly shows the Dunning Kruger Effect, where dumb people are too stupid to recognize how dumb they really are. Yes, this is a real thing look it up.

He exhibits an overconfidence, because he doesn't realize he doesn't know what he doesn't know.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2020 at 11:26 AM, rkidlad said:

Do you have any examples?

In this video where he talks about his admiration of the CCP and their Belt & Road Initiative, he starts off with some basic English and then speaks Thai. You'd think someone with his educational background could string a few sentences of English together. Not just, "Yes. Thank you very much. Glad to see you". 

Here's an example:

Blimey he can speak Thai and English at the same time, what a clever bloke!

• Haha 2