Officials sink claims fishermen arriving from international waters allowed into Phuket unchecked

snoop1130

Officials sink claims fishermen arriving from international waters allowed into Phuket unchecked

By The Phuket News

1594725583_1-org.jpg

Phuket Vice Governor Phichet Panaphong today (July 14) blasted the claims online as untrue. Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET:-- Phuket Vice Governor Phichet Panaphong this afternoon (July 14) sunk claims posted online that a Thai fisherman had returned from Indonesia and was allowed to come ashore in Phuket without serving a 14-day quarantine.

The news follows a pharmacist at a government hospital dispensary in Phang Nga posting the claims online, and accusing officials of not enforcing the mandatory quarantine for all persons arriving in Thailand from abroad.

“It is not true,” said Vice Governor Phichet, who was tasked immediately with investigating the claims.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/officials-sink-claims-fishermen-arriving-from-international-waters-allowed-into-phuket-unchecked-76685.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-07-14

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, brommers said:

Oh so he thinks like Donald Trump that a flat denial will be believed. Think again mister fancy pants Vice Governor. Nobody takes your utterances seriously.

I read the article on the Phuket News site. I believe the VG more than I'd believe the rumor mill, which is what this story seems to grind out. I hope your pants don't catch on fire. That's just rude.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, brommers said:

Oh so he thinks like Donald Trump that a flat denial will be believed. Think again mister fancy pants Vice Governor. Nobody takes your utterances seriously.

Did you bother to read the link?  He did not make a "flat denial", he explained what happened and that the nurse gossiped to the pharmacist with incorrect information that has been empirically refuted. 

What's Trump got to do with this?