PM admits it is unfortunate that Dr. Somkid and his team left the Government

webfact

18 minutes ago, steven100 said:

New cabinet to be announced soon Khun Prayut Chan O Cha will do what needs to be done. 

Somkid Jatusripitak was one of the better one's in that group however I don't think our PM is too concerned as it's his hard work, dedication and decision making that has moved the country forward over the past 6 years. He is our leader and he is doing the job as required. 

Capture.Prayut2.PNG.d641eea1dabb38758d21751f8e6e4029.PNG

Where can I buy some of that?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

I think Prayut himself will find, pretty soon, that his departure will be necessary under the present circumstances.

The sooner the better, for the country.

Can't disagree with the sentiment but is there anyone in the ruling party that would do a better job? I'd rather see Prayut continue until there's enough discontent for an election, though another coup is a more likely scenario if that happens!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

looks like the Baht did not like the economic prospects of the economic team leaving and shrank some more giving the BOT fits.

I doubt that, it looks like normal intra-day movement when there's a change in personal or news. And given the economic climate at present a weakening of THB is actually desirable so I imagine BOT is quite pleased.

5 minutes ago, Trillian said:

I doubt that, it looks like normal intra-day movement when there's a change in personal or news. And given the economic climate at present a weakening of THB is actually desirable so I imagine BOT is quite pleased.

And getting ready to cut the basis point again. So since you read this economic news and reports for dissemination to others, tell me why the economy is contracting since you have said before its recovering and jobs growing. Or maybe I misread your writings on the different sub forums.

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/0PTT4HU4/world-bank-sees-thai-economy-shrinking-by-at-least-5-this-year

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

And getting ready to cut the basis point again. So since you read this economic news and reports for dissemination to others, tell me why the economy is contracting since you have said before its recovering and jobs growing. Or maybe I misread your writings on the different sub forums.

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/0PTT4HU4/world-bank-sees-thai-economy-shrinking-by-at-least-5-this-year

I'm not sure that I've ever said the economy is recovering and jobs growing although that sort of statement is more about what context any statement may have been made. The economy is not a single unit, it is comprised of lots of small pieces, pieces of it grow just as other parts of it shrink, even in today's environment.

The link you provided says the Thai economy may shrink by 5% this year, BOT says it will shrink by at least 8.1% and I suspect that figure will be adjusted later, 10% wouldn't surprise. Why is it shrinking? Tourism is down, exports are down, supply chains are broken, importing countries are closed etc etc.

"Cut the basis points again" - BOT's MPC may well cut the base rate again but I think that's window dressing, it's nearly at zero anyway so the effect is minimal.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

He promised to do his best to shuffle the Cabinet as quickly as possible, in order not to leave a political vacuum for too long, hinting that the new lineup will be announced next month.

I'm sure he's got four spare Generals hanging around with nothing else to do !

• Like 2

17 hours ago, madmitch said:

Can't disagree with the sentiment but is there anyone in the ruling party that would do a better job? I'd rather see Prayut continue until there's enough discontent for an election, though another coup is a more likely scenario if that happens!

Maybe Anutin will be the big boss,OMG

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Why ?  because another member has a different opinion to yours  !!  

You're definitely a member alright.

Come to our village where incomes and livelihoods have been decimated by your hero's policies and find out what the vast majority of the working population think of him.

Edited by edwinchester
  • Like 2