Meeting held on high speed train line that will transform travel to and from Pattaya

webfact

Meeting held on high speed train line that will transform travel to and from Pattaya

7pm.jpg

Picture: PR Pattaya

PR Pattaya reported that a meeting was held on Saturday to discuss the latest developments in the so-called "Three Airport Link" high speed train service planned to join Bangkok and Pattaya. 

The service is still in the consultative stage with decisions about the exact locations of stations and supporting piers in the Pattaya area. 

The basics have been reported long since - the journey from the capital to Pattaya will be just 60 minutes.

The train could reach speeds of 250 kmph. 

7pm1.jpg

There will be nine stations: Don Muang, Bang Sue, Makkasan, Suvarnabhumi, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Si Racha, Pattaya and U-Tapao airport.

Thai Rath also reported on developments for local electric tram projects to meet the train in Chachoengsao, Chonburi and Rayong. 

109097619_3568123443198374_8820716309416346679_n.jpg

A tram is also planned for Pattaya as part of Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) developments, a major project of the government. 

Source: PR Pattaya

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-20

111069322_3568124009864984_1506374749307737588_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Once the train line open, 30 years from now, visitors will rush to visit Pattaya Ghost Town. 

There, a few local actors wearing fake mustaches will play the role of dirty horny farangs handing out wads of cash to young and innocent girls, hiding in what used to be known as "soi 6".

Among the visitors, bent on his two canes, the now 100 year old TVF member known as NCCxxxx will remember the good old days, before returning to his Hua Hin hospice room

If you would be so kind as to point me to those young and innocent girls I would appreciate it.

"Young and innocent" does not match with what I have seen.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

If you would be so kind as to point me to those young and innocent girls I would appreciate it.

"Young and innocent" does not match with what I have seen.....

In showbiz reenactments, things are usually a little embellished... 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, keith101 said:

They will more than likely still be talking about in 2-3 years time as with all things Thai no hurry we will do it eventually .

If it took another five years it would still beat the London to Birmingham Joke,  that different governments  have been talking about since.............????

2 hours ago, AlexJohanson said:

Here is a group of guys pretending to work in order to justify their salaries. In this day and age a bullet train is the last thing Thailand needs.

I could understand a bullet train from north to south or even east to east but Bangkok to Pattaya?

• Like 2

Depends on the links available from the exit in Pattaya to make it any use at all, relying on the taxi mafia in Pattaya from the terminal will make the use a taxi direct from Suvarnabhumi even more desirable

At least you can get a fairly standard rate there or pre-book a service

Just dont see the link being a huge benefit with the already improved roads and the additional hassle of getting to and from the terminal at Pattaya end. Day trippers possibly but not people hauling luggage around......

Be  generous a little  bit !

Thailand is not the only  place where in defiance of the unknown and/or  optimistic conviction that in the "aftermath" of C19 all will be back to  business as  usual.

Perhaps shades optimism will hold things together long enough  for rationale to surface alongside some stark realities?

In the  meantime those whose  occupation has not been  destroyed  will bravely  pursue the function of it.

Hypothetical purpose  for hypothetical demand is no barrier  to hypothetical discussion.

If it were  not so the thread about "Do you believe in God" would have  died at  page  1 !????

Maybe they should wait with the plans until tourism are back in Thailand, that could take a while. 
Or maybe they want to add a ghost train to the ghost city.  

• Haha 1

'nine stations: Don Muang, Bang Sue, Makkasan, Suvarnabhumi, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Si Racha, Pattaya and U-Tapao airport.

... local electric tram projects to meet the train in Chachoengsao, Chonburi and Rayong.'

Am I missing something?  No mention of a 10th station at Rayong any more?  But a tram to run the 40km distance from U-Tapao/Rayong to Rayong proper? Really?

In 2017 the plan was for the line to be open in 2023.

34 minutes ago, balo said:

Maybe they should wait with the plans until tourism are back in Thailand, that could take a while. 
Or maybe they want to add a ghost train to the ghost city.  

While it will certainly take a few years before tourism has recovered, I doubt the railway will be completed by the end of this year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1