Britain nears abandoning Brexit trade deal hope - The Telegraph

webfact

14 hours ago, nauseus said:

The truth of the matter is that the chaotic nature of the whole Brexit process exposes the very self-serving structure and makeup of the EU, as it has mutated to be today.

When an external factor blows your project, you did a bad job planning and mitigating, or a bad decision in the first place. 

No Deal looking increasingly likely. Given that the EU are making completely unreasonable demands that have never before been part of a trade deal the EU has made with other non EU countries, I think that we can conclude they are not acting in good faith. Based on this failure on the part of the EU, I sincerely hope we also renege on most of the 39 Billion payment laid out in the same agreement.

From the withdrawal agreement.

image.png.4ef9ebea2bfa28e3941c7cdd48db5877.png

Also..

image.png.8f7c610a58a3ee35cf235e39439ffed0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The EU is not going to bend over just because Brexiteers demand access to the single market and all the other benefits of being in the EU.

You were warned about this prior to the referendum. You chose to dismiss those warnings.

You get what you vote for.

Nobody is asking them to bend over. We don't want all the "benefits" either. Just a simple trade deal along the lines of the one they have with Canada.

However the demands for level playing field, ECJ jurisdiction, unfettered access to fishing waters etc. are preventing this from happening. These demands are unprecedented and they have never requested this from other countries that they have trade deals with. Therefore I believe the money should be withheld.

Just FYI, I am fine with WTO and I am delighted to be getting exactly what I voted for. But if you read the text about good faith it is clear that the EU is not abiding by the withdrawal agreement so neither should we. The EU's intransigence doesn't surprise me, they are a revolting, corrupt organisation that cannot be trusted and their behavior since 2016 just reinforces that we made the correct decision. That goodness the Leave vote won and the dirty Remainer tactics to overturn the result failed so spectacularly. ????

• Thanks 2

On 8/22/2020 at 2:54 PM, evadgib said:

There's nothing wrong with being pro immigration. What people object to is the tsunami of freeloaders picking and choosing their way across multiple borders & the odd sea or two before turning up unannounced & potless & not being immediately sent back at their own or their countries expence.

5000 so far this year (& that's only the ones HMG will admit to!)

I don't like it as a taxpayer or because of the health and security implications that would have been appropriately screened if they had applied through the correct channels.

"There's nothing wrong with being pro immigration".

That's very true, but then there's having no say whatsoever in the matter, as is/was (still) the case in the UK.

25 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

It sounds more like you should never open an own business if your key principle would be to give every stakeholder the same business terms. 

I've been in business for 25 years. We tend to give good deals to our best customers. The UK is one of the EU's best customers, they run a massive trade surplus with us.

image.png.a825cc862d1511b6dde8974a6f4e54be.png

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Grow up.

I thought Remainers were supposed to be the intelligent ones. Nobody is interested if you get your ho's on Tinder.

Sounds more like he isn't actually getting any of them. His bit.ches are swiping left. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No, it isn’t. The EU’s best customer is the single market, so the EU will always protect that over the 6% market. 

Your inability to draw the right conclusions from interpreting the right data makes me wonder what business you’ve been doing for 25 years. 

The EU's best customer is itself? Awesome. They may as well not bother with trade deals with non EU countries then eh? Or just stop exporting altogether. Top tip. You should call Barnier ????.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Like I said, nobody cares if you've been rejected on Tinder. Personally I've never used it (I meet girls through social contacts or work) so your "swipe left" comment went straight over my head. 

Clearly not as you felt the need to justify how you meet your “girls”

Edited by Kadilo

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

It sounds more like you should never open an own business if your key principle would be to give every stakeholder the same business terms. 

Stakeholder? Of what?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No, it isn’t. The EU’s best customer is the single market, so the EU will always protect that over the 6% market. 

Your inability to draw the right conclusions from interpreting the right data makes me wonder what business you’ve been doing for 25 years. 

Ah, so the EU's best customer is themselves! Brilliant. Never thought of it that way. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

“They must go on voting until they get it right.”

The point being is that EU treaties HAVE to be ratified by every member state. So, having a referendum on it is effectively a pointless exercise.

What has a Canada style FTA got to do with EU treaties and national referendums?  

• Like 1

Just now, nauseus said:

What has a Canada style FTA got to do with EU treaties and national referendums?  

I never mentioned a Canada -style, or any FTA?

The thing at the bottom of you post has what Mr Barosso said about referenda, I was just pointing out why it is so.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I never mentioned a Canada -style, or any FTA?

The thing at the bottom of you post has what Mr Barosso said about referenda, I was just pointing out why it is so.

The 'thing' at the bottom of my post highlights the very anti-democratic nature of Barosso and the EU. Thanks for reminding me.

22 hours ago, nauseus said:

IF remain had won there wouldn't be a Brexit and IF we'd never joined there wouldn't be a Brexit either. I still blame Heath & Co.

My point is that this 'agreement' was actually a demonstration of disagreement between member states which lasted over several days and that the EU failed to achieve its aim.

I'm sure that Herr Lang is very happy with his job.

I remember that a 'Canada' deal was tabled by the EU but the details were never revealed. May blew it off anyway because, as a not-so closet remainer, she wanted to tie us even closer to the EU post Brexit. May's fault.

The truth of the matter is that the chaotic nature of the whole Brexit process exposes the very self-serving structure and makeup of the EU, as it has mutated to be today. It is a snarled rats maze, showing far more political ambition than economic sense; everyone can see that now, if they care to open their eyes, of course.

The EU has been very clear about the requirements from the beginning. The only chaotic nature of the brexit process exposed is the one in the UK.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, david555 said:

What about Boris suspending eg. Closing HOC....? That was a nice anti democratic example ????

Just reminding you ...no thanks needed ????

Proroguing, I suppose is what you mean. Not a suspension and no comparison, so no thanks given.

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The EU has been very clear about the requirements from the beginning. The only chaotic nature of the brexit process exposed is the one in the UK.

The chaos is produced by the EU continuing to try to impose their "requirements" on the UK but not imposing them on anyone else.