Four types of foreigners to be allowed to enter Thailand: CCSA

webfact

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Does anyone know anything about this? And will the husbands be subject to quarantine, if they have a covid test result? How about if the Thai wife is traveling with them?

I emailed the Thai Embassy in London a couple of weeks ago regarding myself, partner and son travelling back together but I never received a reply.

22 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

same thing in my country Canada, for example we can't get our crops picked unless we import labor - it happens in many countries and is not unusual at all..

Same in the U.K., we imported foreign labour put them in Portakabins, a few weeks later 70 tested positive with Covid. At least or will they be tested before they enter Thailand, it would be interesting to know what their quarantine accommodations will be ?

22 hours ago, JCP108 said:

"All foreigners are required to undergo a Covid-19 test three days prior to departure, US$100,000 health insurance..."

Category three (migrant workers) counts in the "all foreigners" class and has to get 100k worth of insurance?!!!!!

Exactly.

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Same in the U.K., we imported foreign labour put them in Portakabins, a few weeks later 70 tested positive with Covid. At least or will they be tested before they enter Thailand, it would be interesting to know what their quarantine accommodations will be ?

happened in southern Ontario also, putting anybody in groups in one large room is a prescription for disaster..

1 hour ago, DjSilver said:

So much <deleted> and unnecessary <deleted> from the thai government. They are really the most incompetent government ever. No idea on what they do or should do. Even teenagers in a western European country have better experience on running a country.

Do they? 

Which Western European country is effectively run by a teenager? 

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Why are you so desperate to return then if the people are all so lazy and worthy of your disdain?

What are you talking about return? I haven't been anywhere.

Not disdain, simple observation and speaking to them.

You should try it.

4 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Right wing garbage 

No it’s fact, jump on a dinghy in France cross the channel claim asylum supposed to report to the Police Station every week then do a runner never to be seen again.just under 2000 have arrived since January that way and that’s the ones they catch.

7 hours ago, hobobo said:

I am sure that all Myanmar and Cambodian workers can't wait to buy their $100,000 Covid-19 insurance; after all, the Government could have stipulated $200,000 or even more!

the key word is "departure"

"All foreigners are required to undergo a Covid-19 test three days prior to departure, US$100,000 health insurance,"

When migrant workers cross the border, most likely on foot or bus from Laos/Cambodia, it's not a departure, boarding an international (or domestic) flight is more likely to be considered departure and I think that is the intended meaning of the statement.

Spread the word, most cambo's/laoations are NOT departing on flights in their quest for migrant work.

On 7/22/2020 at 4:44 PM, spidermike007 said:

That means zero medical tourism. And how do they check those attending a conference? Rapid testing? Or no testing? Only from bubble nations? Does anyone in the administration have any answers?

I guess the husbands of Thai wives category was quickly abandoned? Nice. Compassionate. Of course we all know we are far less important to the nation than an attendee of a conference. 

I was under the impression Spouses were already authorized.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  https://thaiconsulatela.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/VISA-NOTICE-Spouse.pdf

2 minutes ago, JUAinBKK said:

I was under the impression Spouses were already authorized.  Please correct me if I am wrong. https://thaiconsulatela.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/VISA-NOTICE-Spouse.pdf

You are correct, myself, Thai partner and son are stuck in the UK with her Visa expiring in September, I am paying rent for a house in Thailand. We could apply but the cost is prohibitive around £4/5k with travel to London, hotel there, Covid test for me, flights and I have to pay for my 14 day quarantine in Thailand.

On 7/22/2020 at 4:34 PM, kotsak said:

So all migrant workers will need a USD$100K insurance? ????

Hahaha, that is funny!!! 

It is more the rich yellow upperclass who needs the migrant workers in order to do their work for 3000baht a month, it is called modern slavery. But that is not exclusiv to Thailand, look for example at Qatar, where the football stadiums are built with slave workers from India etc.

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/travel-latest-spain-wrestles-fresh-074948879.html

Holiday resorts across Spain are seeing coronavirus cases rise again following the return of British tourists.

There has been a sharp increase in new infections along the Costa del Sol, with Marbella reporting its first case in 11 days while 23 people have contracted the virus in Malaga in the last 48 hours. The city of Almeria has also seen a spike in infections, only weeks after Spain reopened its borders with the UK.

Health officials in Lanzarote are also on high alert after a British holidaymaker tested positive while staying at a hotel on the island, while fears of a second lockdown in Barcelona arose after residents were asked to leave their homes only for essential trips.

The Spanish government has insisted that the infection rate is under control amid fears that other European countries could close borders if the number of cases continues to rise.

The UK is set to review its list of travel corridors on Monday, while France has refused to rule out the possibility of halting travel to and from Spain in order to prevent a second outbreak.

The ban of spouses and parents of Thai children is beyond reasonable explanation. 

Of all the governments in the world this current Thailand dictator is the most clueless and heartless concerning people he rules. 

to all the posters who say Thailand is Covid free then great for your old age with retirement income. But most Thai people need to work and eat and most kids and spouses need their parents and spouses together. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, hobobo said:

I am sure that all Myanmar and Cambodian workers can't wait to buy their $100,000 Covid-19 insurance; after all, the Government could have stipulated $200,000 or even more!

They won't need to buy Covid-19 insurance. They'll only be brought in in large groups for specific companies. The companies will have them quarantine in quarters on site and the companies will be responsible for the Covid insurance which won't be anything like $100,000 per head.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 12:11 PM, ThailandRyan said:

How is some laborer from one of the 4 countries able to afford 14 days of government quarantine. Makes no sense to let them in anyway as unemployment here is rife as well.

.... a bit challenging especially for those who are on a rotational 14 days on/14 days off schedule .... ????

Edited by ttrd
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ExpatOne said:

Migrant workers with 100k insurance...yeah right. Probably bringing them in so they have people to blame for an outbreak.

Elite - Good, they paid for the privilege. 

Tourists - “Hey honey, want to go on vacation and spend the first 2 weeks in a hotel quarantine room doing nothing but being constantly monitored and tested?” “But...I only have 2 weeks of vacation time....”.

A corona free country OR selectively let some people in which will ultimately result in out of control local transmission. Can’t have it both ways.

What about Non O ret. folks ?

5 hours ago, Miss Pickle said:

I own a Condo in Thailand and have for over 20 years I would like to come back and stay in it when is that ever going to Happen.I have invested a lot of money into Thailand over the last 30 years .I think property owners should be allowed back in as we have to take care of the property.

Yes its unfortunate you have been overlooked and all the Non O Ret. folks with plenty of money in local banks.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wake Up said:

The ban of spouses and parents of Thai children is beyond reasonable explanation. 

Of all the governments in the world this current Thailand dictator is the most clueless and heartless concerning people he rules. 

to all the posters who say Thailand is Covid free then great for your old age with retirement income. But most Thai people need to work and eat and most kids and spouses need their parents and spouses together. 

Where is the above information coming from???

9 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Workers from Cambodia and US$100,000 health insurance. Perhaps, in another universe....

There is a special insurance scheme in place for migrant workers for an annual premium in the region of THB 2-3K.

33 minutes ago, eastcst84 said:

Where is the above information coming from???

Perhaps in his/her dreams... 

That's why need others to WAKE him UP... ????

Some of them (whom he claim banned) might finished quarantine in ASQ already...

8 hours ago, DjSilver said:

So much <deleted> and unnecessary <deleted> from the thai government. They are really the most incompetent government ever. No idea on what they do or should do. Even teenagers in a western European country have better experience on running a country.

Sound like a kid from western European country who just finished  Covid-19 parties... 

Many countries were starting to open different espect in their countries step by step even high risk of 2nd wave. 

Incompetent? 

Which country citizens still suffering from the 1st wave of COVID-19 outbreak??? 

Last.