New cases, concert, foreign troops, spark virus surge warning

webfact

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

These people are sent to quarantine, so, technically, should not be a threat in starting the second "ripple".

I think they should be far more concerned about foreign nationals, who appear to cross the porous borders with ease, with having such a large amount of border with neighbouring countries, as was proved a few days ago, with the 18 chinese caught crossing the Mekong river at Chiang Rai.

I think they were referring to future arrivals.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

These people are sent to quarantine, so, technically, should not be a threat in starting the second "ripple".

I think they should be far more concerned about foreign nationals, who appear to cross the porous borders with ease, with having such a large amount of border with neighbouring countries, as was proved a few days ago, with the 18 chinese caught crossing the Mekong river at Chiang Rai.

Not very nice i be more concerned with thais crossing boarders with the stolen children drugs and cash these illegal acts will be thailands down fall and for greed can't even secure your airports

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There is no scientific data that there ever will be herd immunity.   Please post of you are aware of any.    

You say they go to 14 day quarantine do no worry but they are in a room  at a hotel.   What about the room next door.  The bus driver, taxi driver, airport  contacts?   What about room service or  maintenance  staff at the hotel.  I hope  Thailand doesn't ever get a real 1st wave of the bad strain ot all you naysayers are going to  be eating your words.  What is your motivation  to throw  caution to the wind?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Perhaps preparing to extend the Emergency Decree again so spread some fear in advance?
Yesterday it was used to arrest Protest Leaders for breaking the Emergency Decree.
If there is another outbreak I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't from the Army but
In the worst case I am confident Thailand can handle an outbreak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

Tuberculosis kills 2 MILLION people per year..........

It is an infectious disease.  There is a vaccine.

Yet it kills 2 MILLION every year.

Covid (no vaccine) so far has killed less than 1 Million in its first year.................   

Notice that cases are rising by the millions but deaths are very few now ?????????

Want to know why ?

Incorrect medical treatment.  The very high death rate at the start was due to doctors incorrectly prescribing STEROIDS and IBUPROFEN.  That killed many people.   Mechanical INTUBATION.........killed many people and is now only last resort.

If you actually appreciate where we are now, the virus is nothing special, easily treated and no major threat - now they know how to treat it.

Before they made the wrong choices in treatment and many died, now............they know how to treat it.  

According to to HDC so far this year TB has killed 1500 people in Thailand but no one cares about it.
It's estimated 4 million people are infected and 1 in 4 Taxi drivers have it so yes continue wearing a mask even after COVID-19 unless you had the Vaccine Jab of course.

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

second wave? oh no, another 60 death in 6 months predicted ? oh wait, that is the daily road deaths

There wont be any 2nd wave, the thai population is allready immunized.

50% of some populations were allready immunized BEFORE the covid-19 and if you are infected once then you are immunized forever (cf. memory of your "T Cells").

This is not "conspiracy", that publication came 2 days ago from a really serious institute: https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/08/04/science.abd3871/tab-pdf

I really believe that's true, just relax and take a look:

- That covid-19 killed really few people in China and nearby countries (because population have allready contracted same local covids = high immunization of the people)

Deaths per countries:

China = 4,634
South Korea = 301
Malaysia = 125
Thailand = 58
Vietnam = 8
Taiwan = 7
Myanmar = 6
Cambodia = 0

- The further you move away from China (or the northern hemisphere of Asia), the more severe and fatal the cases of covid-19 will have been. Conversely, the further we move away from it, the more the virus will have killed: Europe <USA <South America

6 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

50% of some populations were allready immunized BEFORE the covid-19 and if you are infected once then you are immunized forever (cf. memory of your "T Cells").

This is not "conspiracy", that publication came 2 days ago from a really serious institute: https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/08/04/science.abd3871/tab-pdf

- That covid-19 killed really few people in China and nearby countries (because population have allready contracted same local covids = high immunization of the people)

- The further you move away from China (or the northern hemisphere of Asia), the more severe and fatal the cases of covid-19 will have been. Conversely, the further we move away from it, the more the virus will have killed: Europe <USA <South America

Others say there is no guaranteed immunity or that it isn't long lasting. That is one of the reasons that making a vaccine is so difficult.

There are numerous researches done on this and no one knows for sure yet.

https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/immunity-passports-in-the-context-of-covid-19?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh6T099yF6wIVGiUrCh0dEg2qEAAYASAAEgKSnvD_BwE

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24632893-700-can-we-become-immune-to-the-coronavirus-what-the-evidence-says-so-far/

Sorry. you need to subscribe to read the whole article. It's a little expensive, but if you really are interested you can share the subscription with a couple of friends as we do.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Great job well done .If they keep this up putting All people Entering Los in Quarantine (make it 3 weeks) than we don't Have to worry about the Virus. 

They just Must be sure that they Keep the borders Closed so  No one can Sneak in like a couple days ago. 

I’m beginning to think that my initial guess of travel returning to normal by 2023 was wildly optimistic. I think some time after 2030 is now more likely, given that strict quarantine of travellers is indisputably the best way of preventing outbreaks, and the general view that even a single death from China virus is unacceptable.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, petedk said:

Others say there is no guaranteed immunity or that it isn't long lasting. That is one of the reasons that making a vaccine is so difficult.

Your article is from 1st jully and that last study about our T cells has been published only 2 days ago.

The huge different is the past studies: immunization (& vaccines) were based on our antibodies.

But TODAY they start to understand that 50% of the population were allready immunized not because of their antobodies BUT their T-cells. They also say that 4 famillies of other covids (animal flues) gives us T cells that immunize us against that covid-19.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Continued restrictions on international travel likely in many parts of the world through the end of this year and possibly the first half of 2021, is what I would predict at this stage.

Now that IS optimistic! Desperately hope you’re right!

4 hours ago, Spellforce said:

Your article is from 1st jully and that last study about our T cells has been published only 2 days ago.

The huge different is the past studies: immunization (& vaccines) were based on our antibodies.

But TODAY they start to understand that 50% of the population were allready immunized not because of their antobodies BUT their T-cells. They also say that 4 famillies of other covids (animal flues) gives us T cells that immunize us against that covid-19.

Again, the latest studies do not say this.

They give a preliminary,  tentative indication of in vitro T cell response response to COVID in some people (there is no data on what percentage of the world's population this would be, the blood samples used are from limited locations and in some cases old samples).

In vitro being the operative term. No studies at all to date on how this connects to clinical course of COVID infection and given that severe COVID disease is largely a function of immune system over-reaction it is perfectly possible that such cross-immunity is actually a risk factor for severe COVID disease (as is known to be true of some viral diseases e.g. Dengue).. We just do not know yet.

It is a very, very important line of research but should not draw conclusions that the science simply does not support at this time.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

That's what I thought about for some time now and could explain low Mortality numbers in some South East Asian countries but of course more research evidence is needed.
It's believed the virus originated in Horseshoe Bats which are also in Thailand. They were reported to be testing them for the COVID-19 but there's no conclusion.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-bats/researchers-in-thailand-testing-horseshoe-bats-for-coronavirus-idUSKBN23K0FR

• Like 1