Aussie PM says vaccine be mandatory.

Yinn

what about a pseudo-mandatory angle? ( a Claytons if you may)

- is that the Vaccine is Not Mandatory - but by not submitting to it; one might be banned from Travel; prevented from Renewing Licences and Car Regos... etc etc

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Airalee said:

“I’m not a Doctor, but I play one on TVF”

-too many TVF posters

I watched all episodes of dr House, so am quite familiar with complex/confusing symptoms and their causes.  Presently saving for the equipment so that I can also do an MRI in my shed. ????

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I watched all episodes of dr House, so am quite familiar with complex/confusing symptoms and their causes.  Presently saving for the equipment so that I can also do an MRI in my shed. ????

I’ll see your Dr. House and raise you one Trapper John.  That, combined with my selective google-foo and...checkmate.  ???? 

Edited by Airalee
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Yep

Personally I think it's unfortunate Morrison did a backflip. He justification was vaccinations in Oz are not enforced, which are weasel words. Oz school children must have current vaccinations to attend school. Morrison is now stating 95% of Australians should have a vaccination for Covid-19 when it is verified as safe to do so - wishful thinking is ridiculous.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Airalee said:

I’ll see your Dr. House and raise you one Trapper John.  That, combined with my selective google-foo and...checkmate.  ???? 

Youre  no match for Hong Kong Phooey though are ya!????

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

you  built a  shed..............incredible, all that other nonsense pales into insignificance, MRI scanner  pahhhhh childs play, Im just finishing off my Fusion reactor...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bobbin said:

I highly doubt any vaccine, for anything,will ever be mandatory for the citizens of any country.

maybe not mandatory, but if you don't get a jab ....    and rightly so,  why should others be put at risk just because of irresponsible 'can't tell me' individuals.

image.png.ef067f3ac56407e93fb0751f8bfdb2b9.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Which can't be proven till several million people have had it without harm.

Everything has a degree of risk. Clinical trials are utilised to identify, document and warn of risk factors. As already mentioned by Morrison, there will be some in the population who the medical profession will state should not use the vaccination due to risk profile.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

oh, I agree it should be down to you to get injected, that's only being ethical. But I do believe there will be a worldwide restriction on travelling if you decide not to do it, at the very least IO's around the globe scrutinizing your medical paperwork or perhaps airlines not allowing boarding without proof..

Welcome to the new world order ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

image.png.d4273ea7a268482685af21b7d5cb72c6.png

Would those "medical experts" be prepared to pay compensation to anyone having adverse side effects/death, I would think not, so why even bother opening their mouths, to reassure everyone, oh ok Dr, right here thanks, same same as usual then. 

Edited by 4MyEgo

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

image.png.d4273ea7a268482685af21b7d5cb72c6.png

Had a look at the article of which you posted the picture

> https://9now.nine.com.au/today/coronavirus-vaccine-australia-experts-explain-why-jab-will-be-safe/90725fb1-7b41-44c5-aacb-0d03c714f834

A quote:

"The earliest we will see it is Christmas, most likely next year. It will be safe," Professor Booy said.

"We won't have a vaccine until many of the dozens have been tested and I think there is a good six or ten that will have some data on by early next year.

Professor Booy added that we won't know how effective the vaccine will be against the virus for about two years.

However, Dr Grenfell believes that even if the vaccine was only 60 per cent effective against the virus it would help "modify" the pandemic.

"The sooner we can start vaccinating particular high at-risk segments of the population the better," he said.

So, the prediction is for a max 60% effective vaccine earliest by Christmas and it will take about 2 years before we know the actual effectiveness.

As I said before enforcing mandatory mass vaccination is absolute madness.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, simple1 said:

I only read the first link so far, and that's enough to send out major warnings about the after effects of Covid-19, why on earth the politicians aren't selling this has got me. I understand that most recover, but the ones that get it bad, well their lives are going to be miserable for whatever time they have remaining, just thinking about shortness of breath, remembering when I had a severe chest infection and narrow windpipe from exposure to mould.

They need to paint the picture as in the link, i.e. if you get it bad, it ain't gonna be pretty if you survive it afterwards, get the jab and it can stop it in it's tracks, I'm in like Flynn.

10 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

As I said before enforcing mandatory mass vaccination is absolute madness.

I received a video on messenger last night saying he turned that around when asked the question at another radio station, in other words he has his foot in his mouth, stating that he would like to see mandatory jabbing, but he cannot hold someone down if they don't want to get jabbed, but will penalise them through family payments etc etc, he wants to see 95% of Australians get the jab, but cleared the air saying he cannot force them to it, der, idiot !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bobbin said:

I highly doubt any vaccine, for anything,will ever be mandatory for the citizens of any country.

OTOH, good luck getting or keeping a job. No foreign travel, such as it might be in the future. Many types of insurance etc. Peer pressure and increasing inconvenience will do the trick.

I clearly remember having to carry proof of inoculation against yellow fever in order to enter India in the early '70's. No booklet, no entry.

it won't be mandatory but it will be *mandatory*

I should think that if a general election was held today "ScoMo" would dance in (I do not usually vote for his party)-moreover the great majority of Aussies that I talk to appear to have no problems taking a vaccine when it is released.

Listening to the fringe elements on talk-back radio is always entertaining but it is no more real than the posts on TVF...

I would expect that if a vaccine was available that it would be as close to mandatory as you could make it both for incoming and outgoing travellers but only time will tell.

I am in agreement with another poster that it is a pity that the PM backtracked at all.He should have kept it short,sweet and to the point.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

If your other customers did take the vaccine how could they be at risk?

But of course the vaccine will only give 50% protection (60% tops), so this whole mass vaccination idea is total idiocy anyway.

There is as yet, no coronavirus vaccine that has been proven safe and effective, and licensed for use. If and when it is, only then will it be possible to find out what level of protection it confers. There's no way to know just yet, which vaccines(s) will be approved and how effective such a vaccine will eventually turn out to be. 

What I would say is that all the published results for the phase 1 & 2 trials of candidate vaccines that I've seen, showed 95% or more of the participants who received a vaccine developed neutralizing antibodies and in some cases, 100% of them did. In addition (and possibly more importantly) several candidate vaccines induced a potent T cell response.

In at least one of the vaccine trials, the antibody levels seen were up to 56 times greater than that found in convalescent plasma taken from the blood of recovered CoVid-19 patients. What we don't know yet though, is what exact level of antibodies or how strong a T cell response is required to prevent a person getting sick with CoVid-19. Hopefully the phase 3 trials will give us that answer.

• Like 1

The "personal freedom anti-vaxxer, I won't do it, you can't force me" stuff just makes me laugh. After vaccines are mass produced and distributed, it is practically certain that in Australia, Thailand and probably most countries, without proof of COVID-19 vaccination you will be unable to:

• Enter the country.
  • Board a bus, airplane, subway, etc.
  • Work in any business that serves the public or has multiple employees.
  • Get or renew a passport, visa, driving license, etc.
  • Enroll a child in school.
  • Visit or receive treatment at any health care facility.

Good luck with that resistance.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 1:28 PM, Peter Denis said:

Still trying to push mandatory vaccination?

Big pharma's propaganda is working very well on the clueless parroting it.

Attached below an interesting article describing the experience of a country that didn't

went into panic overdrive and where idiocies like mandatory mass-vaccination wouldn't stand a chance (and rightfully so).

https://sebastianrushworth.com/2020/08/04/how-bad-is-covid-really-a-swedish-doctors-perspective/?fbclid=IwAR0MeUoD-xe3ZX_4IwXlm3LNoEK2GDTfWsQZAsfXfKC7v8m5i3f2tnVpUo8

LOL

Never wondered why Sweden?

Maybe because Sweden is already fully digitalized & cashless and many people actually already have a chip in their hand?

People in power have full control in Sweden already.

Amusing that "big pharma" conspiracy theorists and their mates are still commenting on something which was a non goer ten minutes after it was a thought bubble, of " as much as you can do mandatory". 

Do the "big pharma conspiracy folk take any medication of any description at all??

Blood pressure meds, insulin, antibiotics, cardiac meds? If so, where is your convictions and upholding of your theory?

• Like 1