Covid test required for work permit?

Hey,

my wp is about to run out and we are not sure if I need a covid test to renew it. Friends in Phuket renewed theirs 2 weeks ago without it but maybe it's a regional thing as I'm located in Krabi. Also my (one year) non-b visa expired in may but I suppose I can wait with the application until mid of September. 

So anyone tried to renew their wp without a test in Krabi? Don't really want to pay up to 4500b for the test if it's not necessary...

Regards

• Confused 1

Just roll up on the day with the usual paperwork and medical certificate. If they want an extra test they will soon tell you.

I did mine in July (Bangkok) with no issues whatever, unless it's a very localised thing I'm sure we would know about it.

Filipino teachers I know have to show a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours before getting back to work.  But not the same thing as applying for a WP.

Edited by balo

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

I have never heard of anyone requiring a test for Covid-19 to apply for a work permit or extension. 

Agree, However the Labor Dept require updated Medical Cert prior to processing  the Work Permit,

2 hours ago, bontang said:

Agree, However the Labor Dept require updated Medical Cert prior to processing  the Work Permit,

What's that got to do with a covid-19 test? And where did the OP even get the idea of a covid-19 test for a work permit? Just follow the published requirements, don't make stuff up as you're going along.

Edited by edwardandtubs

i really think this is a important matter.

For the people already in thailand i think no need. thats for sure. But there are lot of people outside of thailand and they are waiting to get their non-o and come to thailand.. so i think they must take the test. Especially ppl from USA or Europe. 

I think who ever leave thailand or coming to thailand should take the test.

Thailand is really lucky about covid. Although its a very international country we dont have many case. Well, lets keep it that way

3 hours ago, problemfarang said:

For the people already in thailand i think no need. thats for sure. But there are lot of people outside of thailand and they are waiting to get their non-o and come to thailand.. so i think they must take the test. Especially ppl from USA or Europe. 

A negative Covid-19 test will be required to board a repatriation flight to Thailand. That is completely independent of the requirements for a work permit or extension of stay for someone already in Thailand.