Buying a small house. Financial dealings

OK. It will belong to my wife because it cannot belong to me. Well the land anyway.

Payment: . She will either get a bank draft or a cashier check. She says bank draft is easier. Does the money necessarily have to come from her account. I know they seem to have weird procedures here. 

13 hours ago, Chris.B said:

It is not a problem the money coming from you. However you will have to go to the Amphur's office and sign a disclaimer to the land. Don't forget your passport and may be your marriage certificate.

Why sign a disclaimer? For what purpose?

1 hour ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Why sign a disclaimer? For what purpose?

Some time ago I believe it was illegal for a Thai to purchase property if married to a foreigner....when that was changed, they added the stipulation that if she wanted to purchase and own property, the foreign spouse had to sign a waiver saying that any funds provided were meant as a gift and there was no ownership rights involved. That is my haze recollection.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tonray said:

Some time ago I believe it was illegal for a Thai to purchase property if married to a foreigner....when that was changed, they added the stipulation that if she wanted to purchase and own property, the foreign spouse had to sign a waiver saying that any funds provided were meant as a gift and there was no ownership rights involved. That is my haze recollection.

You have to illegally declare that the house is not shared property through marriage. The legality of this document is indeterminable.

House.jpg

7 hours ago, stubuzz said:

You have to illegally declare that the house is not shared property through marriage. The legality of this document is indeterminable.

House.jpg

Not the house, the land.  Doesn't matter if the document is legal or not, Thai law states foreigners can't own land.