Younger protesters may lack understanding, warns psychologist

webfact

Yeah, right!

Dumb students!

Let us explain to you, that everything in Thailand is honky dory!

Your elders and superiors are always right, ther status quo is what it is because it is good and the people in power have only your best interests at heart!

Now...you hush, goosestep around the schoolyard and sing praise to the religion, the country and ...the people, who know, what's best for you!

• Like 2

When I was in Berkeley in the 60s some psychology teacher became known for suggesting that the students were mainly engaging in a sort of Oedipal rebellion against their father/authority figures; that didn't go over too well either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Right..... The kids don’t understand they’re just dust under the elite’s feet. How dare they think that they’re not the property of the state. 

Oh, how you have such a low opinion of Thais 

Just look at his avatar

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, scorecard said:

We discovered a few months ago there's a small group of students at he school who have the same knowledge and understand. Many are from Thai/farang marriages.

So there is the scapegoat; in plain sight. Critical thinking mixed race kids.

I'll get my bags packed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Younger protesters may lack understanding, warns psychologist

Or perhaps they offer a fresh, uncorrupted perspective as well as a new path.

"Psychologist" in my opinion in reflecting the continuity bias built into a society that the older generation will support even though it is has run it's course and should be allow fold under the weight of its own malfeasance. 

It really is time to explore different paths and the youth offer the way forward.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, quake said:

Thailand has the Government, Police, Teachers, local politicians. and so on

it deserves.

The people need to change, not just the above, but i don't think they want to change.

maybe 150 years more to go. :coffee1:

"...but i don't think they want to change"

I feel the Thai's submissiveness is due to their not been ever colonised, for some reason

44 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

The youngsters have been blinded by the light is about the size of it????

Will A Scandal Over Expensive Watches Bring Down Thailand's ...

Or perhaps it's still many still blinded & intimidated by the black light. 

Edited by scorecard

17 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I think that the current government is the master of that trick.

100% right.

I wonder if they can blame the internet on the past student protests, 1976, 1992 etc. there have been many, unfortunately none have ended well as they threaten the (same) ruling powers, who ain't giving up anytime soon........

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I think they fully understand that the only way forward for Thailand is to get rid of this shambolic, military led, unelected Government, hand picked Senate and all.

I could say the same thing for every Government since the Taksin Shinawatra government, except when the Democratic party was in charge. Even at the end of the TS 'reign' he had become too corrupt. So say what you will, protest are good, but "Political matters are complex subjects" and students should be in school learning, not out protesting because the 'opposition' stirred them up. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2