Dark side Sunday Lunch recommendations?

LuckyLucas

Can you give a price range and food preference...there's everything and every price range over here except good Chinese and Japanese food. Atmosphere...price...cuisine...what's important to you? Would you like to eat or eat and take a dip in the pool after...or do you want to "step inside" for some relaxation after eating? Is this a family outing or just yourself and/or a friend.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

Yeah, there are a whack of choices over here. Come to the Dark Side Luc(as) !

Thai shops, German/Swiss/Mexican. Pizza. Tops market in the Chill mall on Khao Noi has a little restaurant like Took Lae Dee in the Foodland (but not as crowded as Took Lae Dee). 

And the Darkside is a huge area. It's larger than Pattaya itself. It's probably larger than Naklua, Pattaya and Jomtien combined actually as it encompasses pretty much the whole Eastern side from Sukhumvit (#3) to the #36 highway and down to Huay Yai.
Even just the area south of Highway 7 to Tesabal 1 road and to the East side of the reservoirs is a huge area.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, n210mp said:

Welcome restaurant, Up Soi Khao noi . 

I tried to use "google maps" to give the location but apparently this is not allowed on TV forums  

Do you mean the Welcome Inn ?  https://www.facebook.com/soikhaonoi/

As for Google Maps, you can insert a link in a post but can't embed a map.
https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.917246,100.9150339,3a,60y,32.81h,91.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sc4DWXWkHLI8MoJTUdEhWmQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

Google maps apparently doesn't like people embedding maps into posts (at least not on this forum's software). 

Google Maps Platform rejected your request. This API project is not authorized to use this API.

• Thanks 1

If you want to give yourself a real treat, then try Vespresso Restaurant  - opposite the main entrance to Tara Pattana school (https://www.facebook.com/VespressoRestaurant/). They feature changing specials, presently they offer Chanterelles yummies in various variations, apart from good continental cuisine. 
During daytime they also avail a really excellent range of wraps, sandwiches and real coffee. 

Costlier than Took-lae-dee but you get what you pay for ???? 

I was a regular for excellent Sunday roast at Welcome Inn.  Now i often visit Baan Na Garden, Huay Yai.  Great yorkshire puds (2) and large portions of fresh veggies.  You need to have given breakfast a miss ............... ????

On 9/6/2020 at 1:30 PM, SePl said:

Welcome Inn has no aircon ? and what about tropical ?

thanks.

You obviously have not been to the "Welcome inn on Khao noi !!!!!!

Edited by n210mp

On 9/7/2020 at 10:01 PM, Keyser Soze666 said:

I had a few roasts in there a good few years back, it was superb, and 129 baht is an absolute steal.

Agreed.

Sunday it was 99 baht for chicken and 129 baht for pork. Add 40 baht if you think you can finish a large serving.

Great food at superb value - as is all of the food there.

1 hour ago, fulhamster said:

Agreed.

Sunday it was 99 baht for chicken and 129 baht for pork. Add 40 baht if you think you can finish a large serving.

Great food at superb value - as is all of the food there.

Great value. The whole of Pattaya is great value for western food. Way cheaper than every other part of Thailand, and that includes Isaan.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

How about a bright side recommendation....

In central Pattaya Sunday afternoon and wonder where might be good for a carvery at 4-5pm?

Don't mind paying a bit more, just want to improve on Hungry Hippo and the likes.

Some say Sportsman, some say Robin Hood, some say Cafe Pattini.

I say get yourself back to the Darkside if you want decent grub.