Johnson lashes out at EU as he clears first hurdle for Brexit treaty breach

snoop1130

3 hours ago, luckyluke said:

I don't see the problem with an E.U. army.

Should it represent a greater danger than any other army?

Would they than intend to invade the U.S.A. or Russia or...

Happy to be informed what the concrete risks may be. 

odds on that the UK and USA leave NATO  and the USA build significant bases in the UK and dump EU bases eventually

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Again these old-fashioned and irrelevant bluster.

It was Russia that defeated the Nazi army and the Americans who finished the work in Western Europe, mainly to block the Russians.

Without them you would probably be speaking German today.

This in no way detracts from the courage of your fathers who bravely fought the aggressor, like that of all resistance fighters in the occupied countries.

I agree that the UK - indeed, all countries - should look to the future.

Having said that, your comment is selective, incomplete and underplays the crucial contribution the UK made in winning WW2. 

I would agree that it is very unlikely that the Nazis would have been defeated without Russian and US involvement. However, you neglect to mention that the UK and its Commonwealth allies stood alone against the Nazis in 1940/41. If the UK had fallen during this period, who knows what would have happened? Perhaps, Germany would have broken its pact with Japan? Would the US then joined the war in Europe? Would Russia have been able to stand alone in Europe indefinitely?

13 hours ago, Loiner said:

Full of yourself again, and got it all wrong again. 

You said:  Now Johnson wants to remove his Northern Ireland Protocol from his withdrawal agreement. This will break the Belfast agreement as it effectively places a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic. 

This is simply not what the IMB says. Try get it right rather than drifting into your made up consequences, with which you hope to return to Project Fear. Well it didn't work last time round and it won't work this time.

The Internal Markets Bill is more complex than just abolishing the Northern Ireland Protocol; true. But that abolition is part of it, and that abolition would result in a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic. That may not break the wording of the Belfast Agreement, but it would break not only the spirit of the agreement but the interpretation every UK and RoI government and all other interested parties have placed upon it since it was signed 22 years ago.

Read Brexit: What changes is the government planning for the Northern Ireland deal? and be educated on the effects on Northern Ireland of Johnson reneging on his own agreement.

There is now a good chance that this will not happen, though, as it appears Boris is beginning to see sense rather than risk a humiliating defeat in the Commons. Brexit: PM in compromise with Tory critics over Internal Market Bill.

It's not perfect, but it's a start.

You should also educate

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

I think it is the EU with the obsession. Read the paper and let me know your thoughts?

I have done that on at least two separate occasions in at least two separate topics.

I did the same earlier in this topic.

I'll let you search for the others Should easy for you to find as they were all posted in response to your nonsense and contained quotes of that nonsense, so a search of your own posting history find them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The Internal Markets Bill is more complex than just abolishing the Northern Ireland Protocol; true. But that abolition is part of it, and that abolition would result in a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic. That may not break the wording of the Belfast Agreement, but it would break not only the spirit of the agreement but the interpretation every UK and RoI government and all other interested parties have placed upon it since it was signed 22 years ago.

Read Brexit: What changes is the government planning for the Northern Ireland deal? and be educated on the effects on Northern Ireland of Johnson reneging on his own agreement.

There is now a good chance that this will not happen, though, as it appears Boris is beginning to see sense rather than risk a humiliating defeat in the Commons. Brexit: PM in compromise with Tory critics over Internal Market Bill.

It's not perfect, but it's a start.

You should also educate

Yes, you are the one I need to educate first I think. You howl and wail about Boris reneging on the trick WA, when in fact he hasn't. The EU threatens to do though, through their own underhand tactics.

Regardless of that, I think he should ditch the whole thing as soon as the transition period is over.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I am referring to that document.

You asked for my thoughts about it's contents. I linked to where I had already expressed them in this topic and referred you to the many other times I have done likewise in other topics.

You links go back to your own posted opinions but you do not directly comment on the EU's "vision" that I linked. Typical sidetracking and twisting to avoid the question. Should have known. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

I am starting to wonder if you could even demolish a house of cards.

This is an EU document - not my fantasy - it is an EU fantasy. Try and deny it. Relevant pages are 5 and 6.

Again: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/resources/library/media/20171023RES86651/20171023RES86651.pdf

For the last time; you have brought this document up as proof of your fantasies many times and each time I have demolished your house of cards; showing what the proposals in that document actually means; a proposed alliance, not the army you are trying to convince yourself of.

I summarised the proof used in that demolition in the posts I made in this topic.

End of.

BTW, admonishing me for posting my opinion when what you had asked me for were my thoughts! Really? Do you ever understand your own posts, let alone other people's?

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

For the last time; you have brought this document up as proof of your fantasies many times and each time I have demolished your house of cards; showing what the proposals in that document actually means; a proposed alliance, not the army you are trying to convince yourself of.

I summarised the proof used in that demolition in the posts I made in this topic.

End of.

BTW, admonishing me for posting my opinion when what you had asked me for were my thoughts! Really? Do you ever understand your own posts, let alone other people's?

You haven't given an opinion on the content of the link. You won't acknowledge that these are not my fantasies but those of the EU. Hopeless. 

Here are some extracts:

Defence Union

PARLIAMENT’S VIEWS Calls on the members of a future convention to: Establish the European Armed Forces, capable of deploying combat forces for high intensity conflicts, stabilisation forces which secure cease-fires or peace agreements and evacuation tasks medical services including mobile field hospitals as well as forces for military logistics and military engineering; Stresses the importance of creating a permanent EU headquarters for civilian and military CSDP missions and operations; Supports enhancing the role of the EDA. European Parliament resolution of 16 March 2017 on constitutional, legal and institutional implications of a common security and defence policy: possibilities offered by the Lisbon Treaty (2015/2343(INI).

STATE OF THE UNION - JUNCKER Calls for creation of a fully-fledged Defence Union by 2025.

INITIATIVE FOR EUROPE - MACRON Calls for a European initiative and a fully deployable European armed force ‘by the beginning of the next decade’.

Institutionalisation of military structures

PARLIAMENT’S VIEWS Calls for the institutionalisation of the various European military structures (among others the different battle groups, Euroforces, France-UK defence cooperation and Benelux air defence cooperation) into the EU framework (Resolution of 16 February 2017 on improving the functioning of the European Union building on the potential of the Lisbon Treaty (2014/2249(INI).

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Here are some extracts:

Defence Union

PARLIAMENT’S VIEWS Calls on the members of a future convention to: Establish the European Armed Forces, capable of deploying combat forces for high intensity conflicts, stabilisation forces which secure cease-fires or peace agreements and evacuation tasks medical services including mobile field hospitals as well as forces for military logistics and military engineering; Stresses the importance of creating a permanent EU headquarters for civilian and military CSDP missions and operations; Supports enhancing the role of the EDA. European Parliament resolution of 16 March 2017 on constitutional, legal and institutional implications of a common security and defence policy: possibilities offered by the Lisbon Treaty (2015/2343(INI).

STATE OF THE UNION - JUNCKER Calls for creation of a fully-fledged Defence Union by 2025.

INITIATIVE FOR EUROPE - MACRON Calls for a European initiative and a fully deployable European armed force ‘by the beginning of the next decade’.

Institutionalisation of military structures

PARLIAMENT’S VIEWS Calls for the institutionalisation of the various European military structures (among others the different battle groups, Euroforces, France-UK defence cooperation and Benelux air defence cooperation) into the EU framework (Resolution of 16 February 2017 on improving the functioning of the European Union building on the potential of the Lisbon Treaty (2014/2249(INI).

Looks reasonable to me. 

I don't see anything negative in this. 

Maybe I overlook it, will be glad to read what I missed. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2