Visa amnesty expected to be extended to 31 October

webfact

Meanwhile in singapore, i'm just sitting here by the pool nd soaking in the sun and laughing all the way to the bank. Knew this would happen and it really did. Pity those who scrambled around and having gotten all the necessary papers prepared by the 26th, and having these nonsense throw at your face.....That's Thailand for you. Land Of Suckers!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, JUAinBKK said:

Have you actually done the reserch to empirically support your statement that foreigners “present little income to the government”?  Can you also say that foreigners present little income to Thailand?  If either is yes, please share that supporting data.  I have many people who are anxious to see the evidence so they can make significant changes to their economic modeling systems.  Thank you and we will take No Adequate response with data as you are as your name insists.  Thank you for this opportunity.

The Thai chamber of commerce thinks we do. They said they thought it was stupid to push us out when no tourists are coming in. They want amnesty to be extended.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Could it be possible that PM's authority to order a further amnesty was contingent on there being a continued state of emergency, thereby giving him the emergency powers to further extend the amnesty?  If so, that would explain the lateness of the amnesty extension. He could not do it until after a new emergency decree has been formally put in place maybe?  Thoughts @ubonjoe ?  

Speculation is speculation even you shake it in blender!

They have no tourism here since the start of the pandemic, you think what tourists are left you would invite to stay until they can safely return home, they are spending money which is good for business that rely on tourists. Once there gone Pattaya and parts of BKK will be like ghost towns, what will the locals do then? Just require them to have medical insurance to stay until the pandemic is over. 

• Like 2

Brits complain about Thailand Immigration. What about British Home Office "hostile environment" policy? EU citizens working in UK and registering presence with Home office but are refused hard copy proof of registration? Brits want from other countries what Britain doesn't grant to foreigners. Is it all about "but we are British"?

• Like 2

I still say those on NON Immigrant Visas based on marriage should of had their visas honoured till they ran out Now they cant cross the border so all the government had to do was just stamp them in till their visas ran out then if they wanted they could of got an extension This is just a blatant money grab because if they are willing to extend a visa  then they are saying that visa is still valid

I tell you what I got a 2 month extension If this amnesty goes through I will asking for an extra month The PM has just realized there are 150,000 farang in Thailand who are in limbo Many many are on NON O visas

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I needed to get a new ATM card at the main Bangkok Bank in Bangkok. Since I got the old one I had got a new passport, so I had to sign my name 16 times to complete the paperwork. Just unbelievable. I am convinced that each bank and each government department has a small, windowless room somewhere in a dark corner where someone's sole job is to dream up how to make anything you need to do as difficult as possible.

You got it Barry Its all about paperwork Why have computors i say?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Brits complain about Thailand Immigration. What about British Home Office "hostile environment" policy? EU citizens working in UK and registering presence with Home office but are refused hard copy proof of registration? Brits want from other countries what Britain doesn't grant to foreigners. Is it all about "but we are British"?

Do you know what the fights are for foreigners in the UK, re owning property, having jobs, not needing annual permission to stay? If so, then compare them to what is available to foreigners in Thailand.

13 minutes ago, Letseng said:

We have left OK. get over it 

6 hours ago, baansgr said:

If they charge 1,900 Baht, I don't see how anyone has lost out. For those whingers, what about all of us that did our extensions in March and have religiously done 90 day reports...I don't feel I am worse or better off as it's what is required normally.

1900 baht is a bargain. For those of us locked out, the cost to get in is min $2000 - flight, ASQ, Covid tests, visa fees etc

1 minute ago, Thaiophil said:

1900 baht is a bargain. For those of us locked out, the cost to get in is min $2000 - flight, ASQ, Covid tests, visa fees etc

the money was no big deal.  

But the 3 days at 2 different immigration places and having to arrive at 4am to secure a sacred 100 spot IS a big deal.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

What do people expect from the bunch of clowns in government here?

Everything they do is last minute knee jerk reactions every time, they could not run a p++s up in a brewery.

Work it out Col Its all about money Ok the ones that did not make the deadline they will pay for overstay for 3 days Sunday Monday and Tues Prayet knows that so that is why he waiting till tomorrow to announce the new amnesty His plan is to catch 150,000 Farang on Overstay for 3 days 

This should of all been sorted last week because the Chamber of Commerce was telling him the situation but of coarse the Thai gov was thinking about the money The Visa business is big business

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Thaiophil said:

I agree, 1900 baht is really nothing for western standards. I saw tons of migrant workers/immigrants at KK shelling out 1900 and they did not look too happy. Thats roughly 20-30 percent of their monthly salary.

38 minutes ago, DouglasTsui said:

Meanwhile in singapore, i'm just sitting here by the pool nd soaking in the sun and laughing all the way to the bank. Knew this would happen and it really did. Pity those who scrambled around and having gotten all the necessary papers prepared by the 26th, and having these nonsense throw at your face.....That's Thailand for you. Land Of Suckers!!!!!

Still has not happened for those wishing and hoping.  Still not sure its a tourist visa they are talking about extending amnesty for. Possibly only those on Non Imm or Migrant workers.

6 minutes ago, Happyman567 said:

Work it out Col Its all about money Ok the ones that did not make the deadline they will pay for overstay for 3 days Sunday Monday and Tues Prayet knows that so that is why he waiting till tomorrow to announce the new amnesty His plan is to catch 150,000 Farang on Overstay for 3 days 

This should of all been sorted last week because the Chamber of Commerce was telling him the situation but of coarse the Thai gov was thinking about the money The Visa business is big business

Do you really think that foreigners are in the Thai government's top 10 priorities at the moment. Lots of foreigners in Thailand seem to think they're a lot more important than they are.

• Like 1