Visa amnesty expected to be extended to 31 October

webfact

1 hour ago, Quietus said:

So many people in this forum show their lack  of gratitude with outrageously rude remarks.

Ignore them my brother, they are just the hoi polloi.

Every night, I kneel before a picture of 'our' gracious leader & give thanks. Brings a tear to my eye.

• Haha 1

Just now, EricTh said:

It seems that this is fake news. I've checked the newspapers and there's no such thing.

If it's real, it would have been published by now because it is after noon.

Yeah agreed. Oh by the way, don't forget to go chop some wood today if you don't want to end up in complete darkness by 9PM! I personally took care of it this morning.

5 minutes ago, Buuge said:

Why not 180days? why not a whole year?...

These 1 month extensions ad nauseam are just senseless. Many SE countries decided to let people stay until the end of the year, it's not that big of a deal, or it shouldn't be, anyway.

Edited by Seik

15 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Why don't they just extend for 90 days, same as the new Long Term. That's what they are after all, and they're Covid-sterile already ...

It could happen, nothing is set yet and the cabinet meets tomorrow. At this point, nothing this government does surprises me anymore. I wasted 6.5 hours getting the 30 day extension this time, and wasted 3 days getting the extension the first time, only to have the amnesty retroactively kick in (likely twice). It is what it is, but I am grateful to be here.

Edited by Benitostacos

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And it also, I've read, puts you at the bottom of the list if you want to return to Thailand during the pandemic. Several other categories were given permission before those who stupidly thought that parting with half a million would give them special privileges. 'Elite' it isn't.

The only people allowed in so far are Citizens & those with Thai families, Thai Elite members are scheduled to be included in the next Tranche (from Thursday I believe).

So it puts you ahead of Non-O retirement visa holders & any other Tourist class visa.

Edited by Mike Teavee

10 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Lads steer clear of 711 I've seen 4 this morning all with a copper at front checking farang passports. This was in udon so God knows what they are doing to find overstayers on BKK.

Nothing reason ask passports today! Nobody yet overstay! Im not going to carry any, i have pictures in my phone like always!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

I think we should understand the logic of the third world countries' governments. In no way they wish to be liked or respected by their citizens. Opposite is true: they want to be feared and hated. So, when you ask next time why they made something the way they did (the most idiotic and uncomfortable way) - remember that they did it on purpose. Their own purpose.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seik said:

When I see a farang on the street, whatever his age, I see a guy much like me who's doing his best to strive in a foreign country. I've got no reason to feel superior to him in any way. But this amnesty question reveals how some people here see it all as some type of rat race where they need to come out on top. It's kind of sad.
Interesting how Thai people abroad form a community and look out for each other, I doubt they don't unanimously wish for longer amnesty for the less fortunate of them, in whatever country they are. We've got a thing or two to learn from them.

Are you on visa overstay ?

Just now, Seik said:

When I see a farang on the street, whatever his age, I see a guy much like me who's doing his best to strive in a foreign country. I've got no reason to feel superior to him in any way. But this amnesty question reveals how some people here see it all as some type of rat race where they need to come out on top. It's kind of sad.
Interesting how Thai people abroad form a community and look out for each other, I doubt they don't unanimously wish for longer amnesty for the less fortunate of them, in whatever country they are. We've got a thing or two to learn from them.

There is total 5 farangs in our village! Me include , other 4 never visit even local shops! Village people don't even know what they look like! I don't even know are they now in coundry! They don't care locals and not contact to nobody! So why this kind people nobody should care about!

19 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Nothing reason ask passports today! Nobody yet overstay! Im not going to carry any, i have pictures in my phone like always!

Overstay 2 days today. If they catch you, you are going to IDC. And you get a 5 year ban.

I kid you not.

Edited by lkv

7 minutes ago, Seik said:

the big difference is:  they are all thai and mostly poor & struggeling

here:  many different people, nationalities, RACES that don't have anything in common

mostly not even a native language, culture, habits, ...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Promula said:

Why are his posts being followed as gospel? Is this the guy that mentioned almost being kicked out of Thailand by immigration a couple of months ago?

Exactly lol, he’s a muppet, barrow and his sweaty polo shirts will print anything online as long as it gets him attention 555

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, I say, assuming the extension is confirmed, unless you're Trojan and they're Greek. I did my yearly extension just before the covid 19 thing really hit, so I'm an observer. In life, timing is everything, and that's often down to serendipity. I think I understand the two main problems here, but I could be wrong as I'm no expert. One, those guys with families and other sunk costs, who need to do border hops to keep their visas or whatever alive, and second, the mostly Burmese workforce, without which I assume the country will grind to a halt. Now the tourist industry, that's a whole different kettle of fish, but it would seem stupid kicking out the few tourists you have. As an aside, we hear a lot about how miniscule the ex-pat contribution to the economy is, we're about to find out. Personally, I've brought millions of baht here over the years, and I'm guessing that income stream is pretty much dead in this covid 19 era, as regards new mugs. 

• Like 1