Prayut orders all state agencies to be ready to deal with new threats, emergencies

webfact

18 hours ago, webfact said:

• Training in disaster management related to smog and forest fires in Chiang Mai province.

I would have thought a simple tweak in Thai law, similar to China's would suffice, i.e. start a fire in a forest and it's life in prison, no ifs, no buts, makes you wonder why the Chinese buy all those mushrooms from those burning forests in Chiang Mai while the Thai government does sweat F all all year round and allows it's people to inhale all that choking carbon dioxide.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would have thought a simple tweak in Thai law, similar to China's would suffice, i.e. start a fire in a forest and it's life in prison, no ifs, no buts, makes you wonder why the Chinese buy all those mushrooms from those burning forests in Chiang Mai while the Thai government does sweat F all all year round and allows it's people to inhale all that choking carbon dioxide.

That's why they build up a strong fire brigade now. 

A model even for California and Australia. 

As soon as we broke up earlier this year my ex bought a house near Chiang Mai; I wasn't surprised at all since she wanted to do it earlier but for my constant veto. There's no way I have confidence that the government will put a dent in the dangerous pollution that that area suffers from every winter season.

On 10/2/2020 at 2:56 PM, webfact said:

• Training in disaster management related to smog and forest fires in Chiang Mai province.

• Training in the preservation of national marine resources.

• Training on tackling terrorism.

maybe its just a hint of whats next on the agenda.....

forced to stay in Cities for your own safety as forests could catch fire any moment
Ban on fishing and swimming in sea (some nonsense about PH or water becoming too acidic)
Dealing with Protesters or "Bio-terrorism" (C2.0)

Edited by patman30
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

How many nuclear ballistic missiles have been smuggled through Thai territory recently? Does Mr. Prayuth know something we don't?

Yes. Time for Prayuth to bring out his GT2000 bomb/drug/golfball detectors.

I believe not a single undeclared golfball has entered the country due to his purchase of this highly advanced equipment.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Ha ha........  Check up, neck up.......  Does your mother know you're out ? 

My mother is dead. She died because she was disgusted by the EU and all this gossip in Germany. But she died in peace, with no pain whatsoever. 

She knew I would go to retire in Asia one day. She actually wished me good luck the day before she died. 

So, yes, she actually knew. 

Edited by micmichd
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Sorry about your mother, sounds as though she was a smart lady.....     Tip, learn a bit more about Thai history first before you pass judgement on its people......especially the military.....  You'll find it's linked to money and self preservation at all costs....... especially if someone else will pay...............  

Sure, money rules the world. Still better than war, don't you think so? 

I was in Koh Samui when it was flooded. And it was the Thai army that came up with helicopters full of care-packages when we had to flee on the roofs. 

It was the Thai army that threw down blankets for the freezing natives in Chiang Mai. 

And btw, it was the American and British armies that saved locked-in West Berliners from starvation. It's a shame that these Germans today never say "Thank you" 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/4/2020 at 12:27 PM, micmichd said:

Sure, money rules the world. Still better than war, don't you think so? 

I was in Koh Samui when it was flooded. And it was the Thai army that came up with helicopters full of care-packages when we had to flee on the roofs. 

It was the Thai army that threw down blankets for the freezing natives in Chiang Mai. 

And btw, it was the American and British armies that saved locked-in West Berliners from starvation. It's a shame that these Germans today never say "Thank you" 

Yeah and the British people chipped in 50 million quid which the government then equaled to give aid for the tsunami relief........... Mmmmmm, i wonder where that went ?    British lads and others saved some kids in a cave.... Thai Army tried to claim credit for it......   Ooops....     Lots of people volunteered to help in the tsunami, some where stopped for not having a work permit..... Figure that one...... 

• Like 2