Poll: Majority of Thais say "NO!" to foreign tourists - they fear more Covid

webfact

There used to be a time when there were no airplanes and Thais were just farmers...

I have no problem with that....CM downtown is quite nice w/o hordes of people and easier to find parking

Carry on....

Hey G....here is your problem with your attempt at Democracy....a dictator and his court are making all the decisions not the people...a poll of people is not the same of people actually voting on something or in thailand’s case exercising your right to vote...

Edited by cardinalblue
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Isaan is thriving , get off the baht bus 

Thriving you say just looking around Udon Thani and talking to the staff in homepro and Index would lead me to believe the opposite it's also hit them ....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jvs said:

As always polls do not mean a lot,it all depends on how you ask the questions and whom you ask.

I can understand both sides but they do have to realize the longer they wait the worse it will get.

Some kind of second wave is unavoidable.

I see people all around not wearing mask any more,they are the smart ones.

The anger of the people around the world against stupid rules is in creasing.

Over here,wear a mask but forget your helmet,how stupid can you get?

Tough choices need to be made and either way it is going to be challenged by the opposition.

What makes sense over here does not make any sense else where.

In a few years we will know the truth.

Make it 60 years.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Go and ask the bar girls see what they say, I see one complaining the other day she's not had sex for 10 weeks

I have a feeling She maybe telling pork pies!  What She is really saying is she hasn't been with someone who has a given her a generous sized tip.  Take that either way folks! 

the people most likely to bring virus in are thais look at the statistics but no lets not facts get in the way of stupidity.why coz they dont need to be tested when they board the flight so the chances of being clear on boarding and then getting it from infected thais are very high indeed duuuur

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

"The Nida poll had a sample size of 1,318 respondents"

Out of a population of nearly 70 million! Come on, make an effort! 

Yes, I suggest you wait for a REAL poll with more than 0.0018828571% of the population, then you can quote the poll in a real article. All those polls reported here are no more than a joke

First of all, 

this survey is not representative.

Now think about it. How much money does tourism brings to Thailand from outside?
Then think about how much money is burned by gasoline etc. in cars ??? How much money is bogus and wasted by other things ??? Day by day.
If little or no foreign currency comes into the country now, but a lot of money is burned every day, the money in the country will be less .....

And that costs jobs, lots of jobs

There is one thing that everyone is forgetting.  The main countries that we would be open to are having MAJOR DIFFICULTIES WITH COVID.

Can you honestly say that you would welcome people from the U.S. Canada and U.K. Almost every opther country is having trouble and the pandemic is rising again.  Personally I feel for the people that are involved in teh tourism business but, I really do not want to go back to phase 1 and start all over again.  Also I am pretty sure that the number of tourists that would be coming are not going to cause Pattaya, NANA and cowboy  to become their  old selves.

• Like 2

Recent evidence and current data (sourced from Dr Campbell's content) suggests the IFR is between 0.13% and 0.3% - he himself stated that he is very relieved to hear this, as at the beginning of the pandemic the data suggested that the IFR was at around 5-6%. So essentially this virus is around 1.3-3x more lethal than influenza, upon having been infected. 

Edited by Mung
  • Like 1

Sounds like this is the spin the Government will use in their failed attempt to start tourism. As many TV users have said, very few are willing to jump through all the hoops and extortionate cost to go back to Thailand. What’s the point?  It’s all shut down anyway!

• Like 2

If the Population of Thailand fear Covid19 so much , why do absolutely droves of them flaunt the Face Mask wearing Law, and will not use the Hand Sanitizer Sprays.

And Social Distancing is something that really is a sham here.

Maybe thats the reason for rejecting the Tourists return to the Kingdom.

The Thais would have to be seen following the Law, and that is something they dont wish to do .

Foreign tourists are only of concern to those in the tourist industry which is up to 20% of Thai GDP, a huge amount, but in terms of employment not as high as manufacturing or domestic services.  Thailand has traditionally given poor treatment to its tourist industry going more for mass numbers than quality and giving priority to agricultural pollution and environmental degradation from factories and fishing.  I would have been surprised if most Thais wanted tourists back at all. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2