Thailand Elite price increase jan 1 2021

1 hour ago, alianware said:

Even thai elite program cannot help their member to come to Thailand withouth STB procedures. Is that all worth after paying much money ?? 

What are the STB procedures?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alianware said:

thai Embasy website has no lists of risk countries. It's the list of other country. So people is confused. 

The site I posted only has a list of embassies and official consulate.

If you go to your home country embassy website and don't see any mention of the the new single entry tourist visa or the Special Tourist Visa it is a likely a high risk country.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, simon43 said:

I previously paid 500,000 baht for a 5-year Elite visa, no work permit (working not allowed with that visa).  So that's 100,000 baht a year.

Now I pay the equivalent of 22,000 baht each year for a one-year business visa, including all fees for my work permit and local ID card ...,, and no 90 day reporting etc.

How?  I moved from Thailand to live and work in Laos. Less stress!!  My plan B worked out just great ????

How's the medical care in Laos compared to Thailand?  I mean serious stuff like cardiac bypass, cancer treatment, etc.

Edited by Kelsall
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

Please tell me why they should let Thai Eite visa holders in without proper protocols ?

The virus is not a dog,,, you cannot train it not to go where you don't want it

Problem is not with the existing entrance protocol (i.e. quarantine, insurance and so on). TE members wait entry approval for few months. I am not sure that it is an elite service.

Edited by Dmitry2222

14 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Problem is not with the existing entrance protocol (i.e. quarantine, insurance and so on). TE members wait entry approval for few months. I am not sure that it is an elite service.

Do not be confused by the poor choice of the word Elite. It's a tourist visa. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2020 at 2:48 AM, at15 said:

absolutely insane, the price should be going down 

Thai economics 101 works in reverse. Just watch how hotel/food prices increase when tourists do eventually come pack. They will be scrambling to make up for all the lost income.