Police deployed in Ratchaprasong area amid planned protest, warn against ‘illegal’ assembly after 5pm

webfact

3 hours ago, tgw said:

there aren't many people in your picture.

so far the protests have remained relatively low in numbers, if compared to 2010 where not just some intersections but whole streets were completely packed.

I guess currently the numbers remain well below 100.000

Last time the police all ran away and the civilan government twiddled their fingers.  Bit different with the Army in control and a police force with new toys.

These kids have grit.

• Like 1

21:00 Protest leader at Nonthaburi protest said there will be a demonstration at 3PM tomorrow. While there are about 20 police officers in uniform standing around the protest site. #whatishappeninginthailand #ThailandProtest2020

nont.jpg

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, nausea said:

They've shot their bolt, basically.

They have just started. The masses will grow and the people will join in.  You have little belief obviously  in the power and faith of the disenfranchised.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Prayute announced to the world that Thailand is a democracy and is now doing a Thai style flip flop and proving it isn't really and that it was all a misunderstanding but the eyes of the world are on him and his mates.They should have gone with Steven's "flowers and chocolate" idea.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

They have just started. The masses will grow and the people will join in.  You have little belief obviously  in the power and faith of the disenfranchised.

What? I'm talking about the government, with their disenfranchisement of the people, their arresting and silencing of every dissenting leader, their use of water cannon against peaceful protetesters, and closing down the public transport system. The only thing left is tanks. Good luck with that, I think the soldiers will refuse to obey orders. If they're Thai that is, a favourite tactic of the 5% elite, you don't support us 5%ers you're not Thai.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nausea said:

What? I'm talking about the government, with their disenfranchisement of the people, their arresting and silencing of every dissenting leader, their use of water cannon against peaceful protetesters, and closing down the public transport system. The only thing left is tanks. Good luck with that, I think the soldiers will refuse to obey orders. If they're Thai that is, a favourite tactic of the 5% elite, you don't support us 5%ers you're not Thai.

Sorry for the misunderstanding 

• Like 1

Getting larger by the day. Tomorrow I'd expect some signs in tier 3 cities. Finally. And as usual, Nation won't cover. Which Thai news outlets are? I know Thai Enquirer is active and astonished they haven't been shut down. Their operations must be overseas.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

Getting larger by the day. Tomorrow I'd expect some signs in tier 3 cities. Finally. And as usual, Nation won't cover. Which Thai news outlets are? I know Thai Enquirer is active and astonished they haven't been shut down. Their operations must be overseas.

Thisrupt, Prachatai English and Khaosod are reporting as well. Khaosod also reported on the blocking of change.org by the government.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

Thisrupt, Prachatai English and Khaosod are reporting as well. Khaosod also reported on the blocking of change.org by the government.

1 hour ago, nausea said:

Be interesting to see when the Thai media starts turning, that'll be the real sign.

Regarding the protests of the last few days.  A quote from a famous man "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. Winston Churchill

Despite the misguided enthusiasm of some on this thread the record of corrupt governments around the world is not of giving up easily the power they have.  The chance of this current upheaval ending in bloodshed is greater as time goes on.  Unless the other ranks in the army refuse to fire on the protesters or if they do, deliberately fire over their heads...there will be bodies in the streets. 

35 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Regarding the protests of the last few days.  A quote from a famous man "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. Winston Churchill

Despite the misguided enthusiasm of some on this thread the record of corrupt governments around the world is not of giving up easily the power they have.  The chance of this current upheaval ending in bloodshed is greater as time goes on.  Unless the other ranks in the army refuse to fire on the protesters or if they do, deliberately fire over their heads...there will be bodies in the streets. 

Probably not, this kind of reaction is not used anymore...even China didn't do it when dealing with Hong Kong protestors.

What is more to fear, if the uprising spreads, is a collapse of the fragile economy, and Thailand turning into a new Venezuela.

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Probably not, this kind of reaction is not used anymore...even China didn't do it when dealing with Hong Kong protestors.

What is more to fear, if the uprising spreads, is a collapse of the fragile economy, and Thailand turning into a new Venezuela.

Look up Bangkok, 2010.

• Like 2

PM Prayut reveals its dictatorial colour further. Govt now warns those taking selfies @ protest site &post it or check-in the location on social media could face up to 2 yrs jail or fined up to 40,000 baht (roughly 1,250 US dollars). #WhatHappensinThailand #Thailand #คณะราษฎร2563
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2020 at 1:26 PM, NanLaew said:

The Despots book for Dummies - When a State of Emergency isn't working, declare another State of Emergency.

Nothing has changed for too many years now.

No wonder that Prathet Ku Mee had 20 million hits in a short time.

( Dear Mods, I hope the song from YouTube is allowed here. If not, please feel free to delete it.)  Prathet Ku Mee. Not all are toy soldiers here. 

Edited by metisdead
Disallowed video removed.

On 10/15/2020 at 1:32 PM, Susco said:

Something has started, and I think it will be difficult to stop it, without the situation turning ugly.

Think about a snowball that started rolling from the top of a mountain

Hmmmm I doubt it. Remember the red shirts at Central World?

It did last a while but in the end was quashed. Very unfortunately it is the one who controls the guns that has the last word in this country.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:
On 10/15/2020 at 1:32 PM, Susco said:

Something has started, and I think it will be difficult to stop it, without the situation turning ugly.

Think about a snowball that started rolling from the top of a mountain

Hmmmm I doubt it. Remember the red shirts at Central World?

It did last a while but in the end was quashed. Very unfortunately it is the one who controls the guns that has the last word in this country.

Did you take notice of the last part of my first sentence?

They stopped the red shirt protests, but it turned very ugly, for that to happen

19 minutes ago, Susco said:

Did you take notice of the last part of my first sentence?

Dissent has never stopped here it just took a rest. Unfortunately, no matter how long you hold your breath... don't get your hopes up. The more things change kinda cliche...

• Sad 1