Expat in Koh Samui Prison on drug charges, nearly $3,000 raised to get her out

webfact

18 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

That is quite irrelevant at the moment 

It is quite relevant.

Did you ever think if she is working illegally she might do other illegal things?

How much do you think a server makes in a restaurant?

It seems that she did manage to obtain her TEFL qualification - back in 2018

"Obtaining my TEFL certificate was the best decision ever! This journey is about so much more than teaching. It’s about self discovery, traveling and meeting new faces that turn into life-long friends. It’s about helping to shape the future of each student we teach.” ➡️ Amazing outlook from former TEFLworld student (April ‘18), Ashley Oosthuizen,"

It is, however, strange how quiet the whole episode has gone.

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Just did a quick check.
Not a single update about this anywhere I look.
Not on her FaceBook page (not a single post or update since her arrest - maybe she doesn't allow friends/family to post on her timeline).

Not on the "Hot In the Bisquit" FaceBook page (last post on there dated 1 Nov). Their last post about Ashley was 1 week ago where they mentioned that her bail had so far been denied.

Not on the GoFundMe - which was suspended (after reaching their initial goal of $3,000 then upping it to $30,000). No update there either.

Also  - the actual (allegedly) "owner" of the restaurant (the guy who claims he's "seen all the evidence" while still in the Ukraine attending medical school) has apparently deleted the rant he posted on the Hot In the Bisquit page about how Ashley was innocent (and had been working - without a work permit - and how Stickboy was going to "hear from his lawyer").

On their FB page, from the time of her arrest (8 Oct) to now, there are 7 posts and only one refers to Ashley (the one last week were they were "expecting news" and then that her bail was denied).
Maybe his "lawyer" told him that publicly stating that Ashley had been working at (his) restaurant all that time without a work permit was a bad idea.

(I wonder what Immigration thinks about foreigners who have other foreigners working illegally in their business ?)

The restaurant owner\Samui house owner\Ukranian medical student also appears to be her boyfriend.

As the packages supposedly were sent from the UK, and had to be signed for (indicating Registered Mail) then you'd think "Sshhccotlind Yard" would be investigating it was well as it would appear that's were the drugs originated from.

Though I would not be surprised at all to learn that they were shipped by a "mail forwarding" company and actually came from a different place.

Hmmmm, I wonder if they have MDMA in the Ukraine and how hard it would be for a medical student to acquire some ?

Of course, that would require someone to actually contact Sshhcootlind Yard and provide them with some details (i.e. who allegedly shipped the package, the return address on the package, etc, etc.)
You'd think the coppers would be all over that if they learned that large quantities of MDMA were being shipped through the Royal Mail service, regardless of where they were being sent to.

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Why blur her eyes and give her name?

A simple google gives her photo. 

It seems to be a "ThaiVisa" thing for some reason. Can't see it being a liability issue though as, like you said, they provide her name and a simple search reveals the same photo without the blurring.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

It seems to be a "ThaiVisa" thing for some reason. Can't see it being a liability issue though as, like you said, they provide her name and a simple search reveals the same photo without the blurring.

I have seen already that they even blur the head of dogs if they did something wrong... 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 6:38 AM, Don Chance said:

She raise the 3,000$ and is probably free now.

Nope, still in jail, bail denied. FB message from 2 weeks ago, no news after that: 

Hot in the Biscuit So far bail has been denied. We are retrying daily until we can get one. When we have further news we will share. Ashley will be able to begin recieving visitors this Monday if anyone would like to go to see her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoodieAfterDark said:

"Hot in the Biscuit" is that a code word for something else?  I knew a kid that used to work at local KFC a few years back. I used to go there thru the drive in to buy food. This kid was front page in the local newspaper when someone asked for "extra biscuits" at drive in. "Extra biscuits" was the code word for marijuana that he was selling. When the customer received the extra biscuits, she called the police and the kid  ended up in prison.

Could be there has been a couple of delivery drivers caught here in Phuket supplying extras

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

I don't think I've ever heard anything so idiotic.

No, a TEFL course is a crash course in 'teaching' and generally takes 140 hours to do. IT IS NOT a degree, it takes a couple of weeks and everyone who pays, passes.

This was a comment from Tony 125 on Oct 23. I was simply rephrasing it.

I don't know about South Africa but in US you can atake college courses in High School and graduate early with enough points to finish a degree early, also there is a TEFL course in Phuket which will give you a bachelor's degree for teaching English in 2 years.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

This was a comment from Tony 125 on Oct 23. I was simply rephrasing it.

I don't know about South Africa but in US you can atake college courses in High School and graduate early with enough points to finish a degree early, also there is a TEFL course in Phuket which will give you a bachelor's degree for teaching English in 2 years.

Oh, apologies. Well this chap clearly didn't go to university as he's talking nonsense. TEFLcampus is the one operating in phuket, it's a 120 or 150 hour certificate offered.https://teflcampus.com/.

They are simply cash cows - give some cash and get a certificate a few weeks later. They're worthless and do not count towards a degree of any kind.

You can take college courses in some high schools from affiliated colleges, but they're generally technical colleges, not a traditional University style college. Some University style colleges will offer starter programs to prepare you for the experience, and super smart students can go to college if they graduate high school early. I've even heard of an 11 year old who graduated from a university!

Edited by 2530Ubon

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 7:15 AM, BritManToo said:

My pals in the UK (cocaine drug dealers) always used to operate deliveries like this (Red Star Parcels).

Package delivered to your address with another person's name on, put on the side for a week, then open if they weren't raided.

Gave them plausible deniability, police stakeouts could only afford to wait 3 days.

can you give me the phone number? asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, norfolkandchance said:

Christmas is the time of goodwill mate

is it now, I thought that was a Christian concept?  It won't cut much ice with the Thais (excuse the pun), and it doesn't for me either. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Haha 2