Thailand to track tourists with digital wristbands

rooster59

11 hours ago, 2long said:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that even this is an official TVF news thread, I see no source, credible or otherwise. If it's all from this same PattayaNews article, then they really are cashing in on the exposure, aren't they?

Mods tell us not to post news threads without credible sources, but I can't see one here on the OP. Please forgive and correct me if I'm wrong. It's early in the day.

The Thai governments PR account posted this on facebook earlier today.

11 hours ago, 2long said:

...  Finally, they talk about users asking it for help WITHIN ASQ! Well, what the hell is the point in them wearing one IN QUARANTINE?

They'll use these to keep you within the quarantine facility:

image.png.98d624cedd505071efef90176679cf7c.png

No genuine tourist needs TH, but TH needs genuine tourists! 

Anyway..let them satisfy their wet control dreams for the next months for the few 1000 tourists. As soon as other countries will reopen with a simple Covid test (Japan has announced it as soon as next April/ Indonesia with Bali the same), then all those bs ideas will be forgotten like as they never existed????

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, daejung said:

And do you own that device when you leave Thailand ?

Yes, and if you dare to go somewhere else on holidays than Thailand you'll get charged 10 times more next time you'll return.

On a second thought, they do that anyways, so just ignore my silly comment.

Simiular   bands  for  sex offenders  and  repeat  offending  criminals  in some countries

Russia  use them to  track  political  prisoners  on release

Wow   China  must use them  too I am sure  

However  more likely  in a place  unseen  and   out of the sun 

Tourist   must  be fighting  to  come to Thailand...Unbelievable!!!!!!!

Good  Luck Thailand  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, americanfarang said:

If I want to be tracked like this, I will take a vacation in North Korea or China.  There is no way most tourists will accept to be tracked and treated like this, just for the "privilege" to visit Thailand.  There are other vacation destinations that are open and tourists will choose those destinations which impose the least restrictions.  As an American, I am off to Miami in ten days and in February, I'm off to Mexico.  No COVID test, no quarantine, no COVID insurance and no tracking bracelet required.  Thailand will lose out on tons of tourist money due to the excessive requirements, as people will go to other counties.   

Spot on! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andreas2 said:

Please stop complaining or making fun of the Thai government as they try so hard to contain this very deadly disease, this pandemic. They just care about all of us.
According to the CDC, this is the actual Infection Fatality Ratio:

• 0-19 years: 0.00003
  • 20-49 years: 0.0002
  • 50-69 years: 0.005
  • 70+ years: 0.054

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

As I'm in the group "50-69", does this mean that 5 out 100,000 people in this segment are going to die from this super lethal disease?

I really hope, this high number - 5 - is a massive exaggeration! I'm seriously scared now.

In mentally terrible situations like this, it always helps me a lot if I go and I sit on my scooter for a little ride to relax.

Tracking devices have absolutely nothing to do with disease prevention. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't wear that and I'm not going to a country where I have to.  

What do they think, I'm going to get sick run around coughing on people on purpose?  

Do they think that we are children and can't see the true meaning behind this?  

Your Wats are over-rated.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jethro69 said:

In the next step you'll get a "Minder" allocated, who'll will follow you day and night. ????

Must ask the missus, if she's up for a threesome. ????

You need a female body guard, and watch a bit of pegging.

time to think outside the Box, :cheesy:

A superfluous idea, no tourists, no need for tracking devices unless of course someone with influence has a vested interest in selling these devices to the government, 11 million of them presumably, then it wouldn't matter if the tourists didn't come or if the order was rescinded, at least the government would have them stockpiled in case of an eventuality.Perhaps I'm being too cynical.

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The wristbands track the location of the wearer and are also capable of measuring heart rate, blood pressure and body temperature.

Heaven help you if you decide to take a hot bath. The cops will be bashing down your front door to take you away.

11 hours ago, Andreas2 said:

Please stop complaining or making fun of the Thai government as they try so hard to contain this very deadly disease, this pandemic. They just care about all of us.
According to the CDC, this is the actual Infection Fatality Ratio:

• 0-19 years: 0.00003
  • 20-49 years: 0.0002
  • 50-69 years: 0.005
  • 70+ years: 0.054

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

As I'm in the group "50-69", does this mean that 5 out 100,000 people in this segment are going to die from this super lethal disease?

I really hope, this high number - 5 - is a massive exaggeration! I'm seriously scared now.

In mentally terrible situations like this, it always helps me a lot if I go and I sit on my scooter for a little ride to relax.

"The scenarios are intended to advance public health preparedness and planning.  They are not predictions or estimates of the expected impact of COVID-19. "

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

If people are in quarantine for 14 days how does this help.  It will only find people who have caught COVID at the quarantine hotel. And there are better ways to stop people catching it in the hotels. Like not letting people mix. And it will put tourists off for sure. The only tourists who would accept this will be Chinese. Since they are monitored by their government anyway. Tourists from normal countries will not accept it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OumarhindaOunsingha said:

If I want to be tracked like this, I will take a vacation in North Korea or China.

There's no tracking like this in China! (Well not as of last year, last time I was there, but hotels etc do need to report foreign guests to the police very promptly.)

6 minutes ago, Dexxter said:

Heaven help you if you decide to take a hot bath. The cops will be bashing down your front door to take you away.

These are the kinds of people that would use the wrist band.  Go to a country where it's 35c out 100 percent humidity, and have a hot bath.  

I can see it happening a lot frankly.  

47 minutes ago, stigar said:

My thaiwife is sick and tired of this.So she coming to norway whwn she can.

Same here. My Thai wife can hardly wait to escape Thailand and join me in Australia. When she arrives it will be goodbye to Thailand for good. If I want a holiday in SE Asia I will go back to Cambodia or try Vietnam, not that I am in much of a hurry.

5 minutes ago, Dexxter said:

Same here. My Thai wife can hardly wait to escape Thailand and join me in Australia. When she arrives it will be goodbye to Thailand for good. If I want a holiday in SE Asia I will go back to Cambodia or try Vietnam, not that I am in much of a hurry.

maybe she will have other plans for you.

cambo, Vietnam, sure no problem. :cheesy::stoner::cheesy:

• Haha 1

personally, I think that many tourists will not leave their hotel room and their body temperature will be very steady, on a 36.4 C warm bath tub level, and the hearth rate hardly noticeable as they tend to sleep from 6 in the evening to 5 a.m. and the rest of the day have similar pattern, albeit with stronger hearth rate, until 3 in the afternoon when they go out for a few hours to walk or to go the beach and back to the accommodation  at nightfall.
The challenge will be to explain the higher turnover in restaurants, not to mention entertainment places.