Prayut greeted by hopeful locals in tourism-starved Phuket

webfact

Gen Khun Prayut Chan O Cha welcomed by thousands of supporters, let's see what he and his entourage can do to assist the hotels and tourism industry. But at the end of the day, it's #1 Lifting of quarantine completely,  #2 a safe vaccine is available,  they are what's needed .... 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

He was there promising the people allsorts (Bertie Basset ) not involved.

Wonder how much/ what those people in the photos were promised to be in the photo?

Could that be A-nut-in's wife in the photo, bottom right, not wearing as mask and following HMV?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Looking at the photo, it seems the throng were trying to get to him to get their hands round his throat.????

lol ....  no ... no ....  they want to touch him and rub shoulders with him.  I hope they removed the spikes from those roses, we don't want blood on his hand do we. :laugh:

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

It's been noted?

Yeesh! Desperate times when you have to resort to that kind of rhetoric, Steven. 

I suggest that many in the crowd would be civil servants just doing their job. Security people and minders and other ancillary staff that any Prime Minister would need on such an occasion. So in a sense they were paid if they were working as part of their duties. Nothing libellous about that I would have thought. Maybe they were given some free flowers the same as the PM.

Is this photo-op part of the strategy for getting tourists back? What is the strategy anyway? It seems we have an endless stream of schemes and cunning plans but few tourists.....excepting those with with private jets. Perhaps now Johnny Depp's lawsuit is over, he'll come and visit.