U.S. vote count edges Biden closer to win as Trump mounts legal challenges

snoop1130

Just now, JensenZ said:

We're talking about court cases here. The court will decide.

But what you claimed is that Trump doesn't make such decisions without a legal team. As though Trump wouldn't command his legal team to comply with his wishes no matter how weak the case. The lunatic has been screeching accusations of fraud based on virtually nothing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Michigan state judge dismisses Trump campaign lawsuit about canvassing observation

From CNN's Jessica Schneider and Laura Jarrett

A state court judge on Thursday dismissed a lawsuit brought by the Trump campaign that asked for an immediate halt to the vote counting until its representatives had “meaningful” access to ballot counting and adjudication.

Judge Cynthia Stephens was highly skeptical throughout a virtual hearing on Thursday about the lack of admissible evidence in the case and whether the campaign had sued the right party (Secretary of State Benson).

“What I have is, at best, a hearsay affidavit that addresses a harm that would be significant,” said Judge Cynthia Stephens. “We’ve got an affidavit that is not first-hand knowledge.”

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-biden-election-results-11-05-20/h_739b66ef430b53812be059d5ce5ed807

????

And rightly so.

Trump’s aim in trying to halt a count is to run out the clock past the time by which votes must be counted.

Once again, the President trying to choose the votes, rather than allowing the votes to charge President.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

As more information comes out, it's becoming more apparent that the fix is in.  The election results will be decided in the US Supreme Court and Trump will be inaugurated on Jan 20.

What evidence of voter fraud has come in?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

Seems to be nevade that is going to be decisive.

Nevada could be on the verge of being called for Biden. Add probable Arizona and voila 270.

This is from a very credible news source. 

Nate Silver's fivethirtyeight.com affiliated with ABC News.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ding said:

Biden just needs to win one of four states, excluding Alaska.

Even if Biden wins a Republican Senate will block everything - as they did during the Obama's administration.

Biden is more of a peacemaker, and with Trump out of the picture the Republican party will have a different approach.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ding said:

Biden just needs to win one of four states, excluding Alaska.

Even if Biden wins a Republican Senate will block everything - as they did during the Obama's administration.

That's what I expect.  Mitch McConnell will block all judicial appointments from Biden including for the Supreme Court, but he could go further still.  All of the Cabinet members have to be confirmed by the Senate.  McConnell could refuse all of those, as well, so that Biden has difficulty governing the country.  Then two years there is another congressional election at which time the Biden administration will have nothing to show for their two years in office.  Bad for the Dems and bad for the country.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

'The fix' is normal parlance for criminal interference in a legal process i.e. attempted  corruption. trump and co are repeatedly trying to interfere with legally valid processes of voter count which appears to be acceptable to trump supporters - a sad indictment for US democracy - but currently looks as though the corrupt trump regime is on it's way out.

It is broader than that.

The common phrase “the fix is in” means that the outcome of an event or process has been covertly manipulated to ensure a result that would otherwise be determined by chance or a fair test of some kind.

I can, and have, used the phrase when it's clear that what I am eating for dinner was decided long before I was asked what I want for dinner. Etc.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/269815/etymology-of-the-fix-is-in

Edited by rabas

15 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Wow.  Listening to Trump now.  What a bunch of lies and conspiracy theories.  He's just rambling, blaming others, saying everything is against him, blah, blah, blah. 

Stunning anyone could support this conman.

60% of white people voted for him.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2