Pattaya: The "international" tag is missing but "Fireworks Festival" goes ahead

webfact

Pattaya: The "international" tag is missing but "Fireworks Festival" goes ahead

9pm.jpg

Image: TrueID

TrueID reported online that the latest edition of a popular fireworks extravaganza will take place on Pattaya beach on Friday/Saturday November 27th/28th. 

The "Light is Life Pattaya Fireworks Festival" may have changed from being an "international" event but a poster still said that it would showcase Thai skills. 

Concerts and events promoting Thai culture are promised at the popular event everyone is waiting for, said True.

It will kick off on Friday 27th at 6pm and continue to 9.45 pm. Saturday is 6pm to 10.45 pm. 

Covid-19 regulations will be in effect. 

Source: TrueID

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-10

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The "Light is Life Pattaya Fireworks Festival" may have changed from being an "international" event but a poster still said that it would showcase Thai skills. 

Remember not to look down the barrel when you light the fuse.

the firework festival is one of the rare public  activities ("festivals")  in Pattaya I like. Normally many Thais from Chonburi province are coming to see this event.  Most of them will not stay at night so not that much to earn for the hotels. I wish the Thai people having  a good time seeing the firework this year - this time without (farang) tourists. 

(me, having good memories from the past ...)

????

Edited by dieter1
edit

3 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

A 3 hour and 45 minute fireworks display? How much of that time is actual fireworks? 

"Concerts and events promoting Thai culture are promised at the popular event"

I imagine an "opening" (speech, etc) followed by music/dance, followed by a fireworks display, then another set of music/entertainment while the next group sets up their display, then another fireworks display and so on until the last group is finished and then probably more music until 21:45.

Not sure how many "teams" will be competing but I wouldn't expect each one to do more than what, 20 minutes of fireworks maximum maybe ?

48 minutes ago, champers said:

Me too. It has been a great night out the last 2 years I have been. I am looking forward to it.

Yes we set up a little group on the Beach with cold boxes and snacks, a mix of Thai ladies with the odd Western spouse thrown in. Usually book a hotel in town for the night....  been doing it for many years now.