Cables disappearing

champers

On Pattaya North Road (Nua) opposite T21 going up the hill from Dolphin Circus. It has taken a while but all the spaghetti junctions of overhead cable are being taken down. They were piled up on the pavement and will hopefully be moved later today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2020 at 6:30 PM, KannikaP said:

And if the contractors do not move the old cables piled up on the pavement, they will definitely be gone by the morning!    555

Sadly not. Went up Nua as far as 3rd Rd today and piles of wiring are stacked up on both sides of the road. Pavements are completely blocked in dozens of places. It is a disgrace and not a little dangerous.

You might think City Hall would take some action, not least because a couple of stacks are bang outside their place.

It is a big weekend for the city with thousands visiting for the music festival, many of whom will be heading down Nua to go to the beach. There is talk by the City Council of high quality and values. This should not include a main thoroughfare looking like a scrapyard. They should take more pride in their city.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, champers said:

Pavements are completely blocked in dozens of places

yes and a pile of them in the road just before or after the Tesco entrance as you go from Dolphin towards 3rd Road. Just saw them in time............

9 hours ago, topt said:

yes and a pile of them in the road just before or after the Tesco entrance as you go from Dolphin towards 3rd Road. Just saw them in time............

If it isn't open holes it is piles of cables........

24 minutes ago, anandra said:

I might be mistaken, but I have noticed that most of the businesses and buildings, if not all,  from the left side of the street where  the cables  have been removed  are completely deserted 

If you look closer, you will notice that probably 70% of buildings on Nua road, from roundabout to Sukhumvit, is deserted

1 hour ago, anandra said:

I might be mistaken, but I have noticed that most of the businesses and buildings, if not all,  from the left side of the street where  the cables  have been removed  are completely deserted 

Fairtex Hotel and Fitness Centre is open as is Tesco Lotus, Best Supermarket, various dentists, a bank and plenty of restaurants, some of which have a stream of Grab drivers in and out of them pretty regularly. So, certainly not all businesses are closed.

Edited by champers

On 12/11/2020 at 2:33 PM, BigStar said:

I trust this will eliminate all the finger-pointing and sneering from our ace TVF Cable Burying Experts that they were still seeing cables and Thais don't know how to bury cables.

You just don't know when to give it a rest do you.

• Sad 1

On 12/10/2020 at 11:33 PM, BigStar said:

I trust this will eliminate all the finger-pointing and sneering from our ace TVF Cable Burying Experts that they were still seeing cables and Thais don't know how to bury cables.

They already did it on Sukumvit in Bangkok. That doesn't count to them? 555