Most Thais staying at home during long weekends: poll

webfact

17 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

For the love of God please stop it with these Thai extended holidays - my daughter never seems to be at school and needs some form of education.

Absolutely agree. I walk past the local school every morning and it seems like a 50-50 chance they'll be any kids there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Chiang Mai is the most popular destination among respondents (25 per cent), followed by Chiang Rai (9 per cent), Nan (6.6 per cent), Phetchabun (6.4 per cent) and Loei (5.1 per cent).

And the article shows a photo of a beach... ????

• Haha 2

People only have so much money and I guess that many would just like to keep earning rather than have loads of holiday weekends. Long holidays by workers who are vital to the economy is a case of diminishing returns, that can only lead to less economic activity, not more. 

Edited by Pilotman

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The majority of Thais have no plan to travel during the long weekends, a recent poll showed.

We will be traveling to the south to escape the smog after the long weekend, spending our time indoors in the meanwhile. 2.5 PM levels have been mostly at "unhealthy" levels for the last three days. We have changed over to the N95 rated masks as the covid masks are offer very little protection against high level air pollution. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TSF said:

Absolutely agree. I walk past the local school every morning and it seems like a 50-50 chance they'll be any kids there. 

But you don't understand...who said that that Thailand should concentrate on less academia? Give everybody long holidays and you'll get less of everything on the curriculum, Ha!

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

school and needs some form of education.

Agree it seems more time off of school than in school...  didn’t the semester just 

start and holiday..and added holiday..  no time for Education 

• Like 1