Million dollar vomit: Thai man offered $4.2m for whale vomit he found

rooster59

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

It's really something what goes into perfumes! A long time ago I got a job with KFC and the oil used in pressure cookers after the first cook was placed in large drums for the perfume people to come and pick up. And women put this <deleted> on their skin and we kiss it. Do we really know what we are kissing?

'the oil used in pressure cookers'   So that's why women blow their top.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Considering there are literally thousands of whales, they are not extinct yet and still vomiting , seems a lot of money for something that is continuing to be produced.

All but a tiny fraction either doesn't bake it to shore, or is never identified.  When I was young in a fishing village, the fishermen all knew to grab this if it ever came up in their nets.  I never heard of any being found, but it was valuable enough - like brand new boat valuable - to keep an eye out for anyway.

1 minute ago, DefaultName said:

All but a tiny fraction either doesn't bake it to shore, or is never identified.  When I was young in a fishing village, the fishermen all knew to grab this if it ever came up in their nets.  I never heard of any being found, but it was valuable enough - like brand new boat valuable - to keep an eye out for anyway.

Keep an eye out??.....I am selling up and moving to the coast.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

All but a tiny fraction either doesn't bake it to shore, or is never identified.  When I was young in a fishing village, the fishermen all knew to grab this if it ever came up in their nets.  I never heard of any being found, but it was valuable enough - like brand new  boat valuable - to keep an eye out for anyway.

I would imagine it would depend on the sea conditions when it gets upchucked. Calm weather might help it form into a lump. Rough seas might break it all apart.

( Do whales get seasick? ????)