With 576 new Covid-19 cases, Thailand sees highest single-day spike

With 576 new Covid-19 cases, Thailand sees highest single-day spike

800_3b769701288c4ce.jpg

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Sunday reported 576 new cases over a 24-hour period.

Most cases are migrant workers in Samut Sakhon province (516), Thais and foreigners who have come from abroad (41), and domestic cases in Samut Sakhon and Bangkok (19)

Meanwhile, 17 patients have recovered and been discharged.

The total number of confirmed cases in Thailand increased to 4,907 (1,365 in state quarantine), of whom 806 are in hospital and 4,041 have recovered and been discharged, while 60 have died.

According to Worldometer, as of 10am on Sunday, the total number of confirmed cases increased to 76.62 million (up by 612,802), 53.74 million have recovered, 21.18 million are active cases (106,507 in severe condition) and 1.69 million have died (up by 10,771).

Thailand ranks 151st for most cases in the world, while the US has the most number with 18 million, followed by India 10 million, Brazil 7.21 million, Russia 2.81 million and France 2.46 million.

The CCSA will provide more details at a press conference.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30399903?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-20

43 minutes ago, bodga said:

thatll  stop  those  pesky  students..........on second thoughts

it  may  kill  off those  old dinosauruses as the Wife  calls  them

are you one of those, dinosaurs I mean, not a student? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, bodga said:

thatll  stop  those  pesky  students..........on second thoughts

it  may  kill  off those  old dinosauruses as the Wife  calls  them

How the hell did all these guys sneek in from the borders..greed is overpowering social responsibility. 

Of all days with people traveling all over to vote, wonder how far and wide this will blow.  5 days from now it should have hit a new peak.  Looks like I will be staying in after my Birthday party tonight, only a guest list of a few hundred expected at the club since after 6 the alcohol can flow.......if you can not see the sarcasm here then shame on you.

Edited by ThailandRyan

Reading the OP and the BP article looks like a total of 1,092 cases between yesterday and today including 19 now in Bangkok.  So now it gets interesting as they must be tracing and tracking thousands, and those are the known contacts and those that used the Thai Chana app.  On my run this morning in Lumpini park many were mask less, and of the ones entering and leaving when I did very few used the app and no one signed in, with many elderly walking in and not even being temperature checked.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Let us all pray that none of these people who are bringing in Covid are with that specific strain which they have discovered in London which is 70% faster in spreading and is extremely contagious,as I write I listened to BBC world news  this morning and they said they might be l thinking lockdown in London!

Not really surprised. They would probably find a spike in numbers in any province if they started testing properly. The "problem" so far is that they just never did that before. Like it or not: Covid is in many more places than we would like anticipate. 

Me personally I'm more afraid of dying of the air pollution. Or cancer... That's another nice one...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

The more I think about it, the more angry I get. The Thai army is getting hundreds of billions of baht a year from the people. The very least the people can expect in return, is protection of some sort. With hundreds of thousands of soldiers, what on earth are these guys doing with their time, if not patrolling the borders, the rivers, and the seas, during a pandemic the neighbors are dealing with? Fishing boats should be randomly stopped, and checked. Borders should be locked down. Something seems very fishy here.

Are we looking at gross incompetence? Are we looking at total indifference? Corruption? Laziness? Total derelicton of duty, on the part of Prayuth, Anutin, and the entire leadership?

If so, Prayuth needs to resign immediately, and the people, and especially the youth, should demand that. 

Not even the US being the richest country in the world, with the latest and best equipment on earth can keep illegals from crossing the border with Mexico... 

How you think the Thai Army is gonna capture every single one who tries to illegally cross their thousands of kms of border? They may increase surveilance, even capture most people but not all of them!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Not even the US being the richest country in the world, with the latest and best equipment on earth can keep illegals from crossing the border with Mexico... 

How you think the Thai Army is gonna capture every single one who tries to illegally cross their thousands of kms of border? They may increase surveilance, even capture most people but not all of them!

At the very least, they can make an effort. That is all the Thai people are asking of them. Just make an effort. Don't do nothing. Do anything, but don't do nothing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TSF said:

Keeping a close eye on this. If it starts spreading into BKK and other provinces there will be a nation wide lockdown with alcohol bans like we saw earlier. So if it starts spreading fast time to hit Lotus and stock up before the bans come in. 

The only think you’re worried about is your live my gog

• Confused 1