Short-stay visas extended by 15 days to cover quarantine

snoop1130

26 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

I am confused is this a new 45 day visa with various requirements for quarantine  or extension of 30 day visa waiver to 45 days with conditions quarantine etc

Hell, who isn't confused. Just a continued stroke fest with these announcements and what people actually have to experience walking into the immigration offices. A few months ago, they put out a deadline for amnesty visa remember? They forced many to leave and then the following Monday...LOL they said nevermind..Then they don't answer the immigration hotline..

Take away point, things will work eventually but it helps to be proactive and find out for yourself at the immigration office. Even that too can prove to be a temporary help as things could change next week.

During these pressers, one would think, the concern of clarity for tourists and those seeking immigration services would be improved upon and questioned. Example, more clarity in what is needed with such announcement along with uniformity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

Just quit all the BS, offer renewable 1 year visas to anyone who can show they can support themselves, let them quarantine for 14 days, and be done with it.

Screw your check-ins, screw your TM30s, screw your 9 month non renewable visa, screw different embassies with different rules, just cut the <deleted> and let people in IF you want to save what’s left of the tourism industry.

This is such an easy solution. Cut the sh*t. 

With one policy change they could get every digital nomad, unmarried parter of a Thai, and endless people who have the funds for extended travel and don’t want to be bothered by bureaucracy.

Unfortunately, they are complete idiots with zero problem solving ability and no concept of what people want, so here they are. One failed idea after the other.

The only thing that’s going to save Thailand is to let a foreigner give them a game plan, because it’s clear no one in the country is capable of figuring it out otherwise. 

You have completely missed the point that they don't want large numbers of foreigners here unless they are short term tourists spending cash.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dialemco said:

I am confused is this a new 45 day visa with various requirements for quarantine  or extension of 30 day visa waiver to 45 days with conditions quarantine etc

It's Thailand promoting itself as the new Quarantine Hub of Asia.  It's a joint effort by the Tourism Authority of Thailand and Immigration Department.  The deal is simple:

You purchase a "14-day Quarantine Package" from TAS accredited agents, and Immigration will give you 30-day free stay in Thailand - after you have completed the Quarantine Package.

Have a nice Quarantined holidays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RickyEm said:

I see you are talking about the 30 day visa being extended by 15 days to cover the 15 days in asq. Does the same apply to the 60 day visa and also to a further 30 days extention that one can apply for if wishing to stay for 90 days.

...and the 90 day non-O?

1 hour ago, collingwood said:

Thai Embassy Canberra will not issue a COE without a visas, even though Aus is one of the 56 countries that can now enter visa exempt, they are still saying that a visa is required, on my application I even added that info news clipping.

What exactly did they say? I take it you selected visa exempt on the application form.

7 hours ago, RickyEm said:

I see you are talking about the 30 day visa being extended by 15 days to cover the 15 days in asq. Does the same apply to the 60 day visa and also to a further 30 days extention that one can apply for if wishing to stay for 90 days.

Do you mean 30 day visa exempt. 

2 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

15 days quarantine on arrival

30 days holidy day

15 days quarantine on arrival in home country

come on, who has 60 days of holidays to visit thailand for 30 ?

even the 2-week millionaire better spend there money elsewhere

I've heard a trip to Maldives is cheaper than ASQ ????

If they extended the free entry to 90 days, maaaybe someone would consider coming.

• Like 1

I would like them to start gearing up for regulations for entry if you have been given the vaccine.  As we all know it has taken , what 9 months? , to get to this point for letting "tourists" in the country. One failed scheme after another. And they still have not figured it out. So the sooner they get working on how to handle those with a vaccine the sooner they "might" figure that one out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dcnx said:

Just quit all the BS, offer renewable 1 year visas to anyone who can show they can support themselves, let them quarantine for 14 days, and be done with it.

Screw your check-ins, screw your TM30s, screw your 9 month non renewable visa, screw different embassies with different rules, just cut the <deleted> and let people in IF you want to save what’s left of the tourism industry.

This is such an easy solution. Cut the sh*t. 

With one policy change they could get every digital nomad, unmarried parter of a Thai, and endless people who have the funds for extended travel and don’t want to be bothered by bureaucracy.

Unfortunately, they are complete idiots with zero problem solving ability and no concept of what people want, so here they are. One failed idea after the other.

The only thing that’s going to save Thailand is to let a foreigner give them a game plan, because it’s clear no one in the country is capable of figuring it out otherwise. 

Bring back the old embassy income letter for US, UK and Aussies for retirement visa would be nice.