Condos for rent in the Pattaya area for 1,000, 800, 300 baht a month? Is this for real?

redwood1

daily rate, for monthly rental. will be in the small print..... somewhere.... in Thai

edit...

in fact the first one is 29000 baht /month. the 1000 baht is for the key per month..... 

edit #2 the last one link is 6000 baht a month. forget the small print. It's BIG print.

Edited by jastheace
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

No way that's correct, I've been following on Facebook and the likes of the Base, Unixx can be had for 6,000 - 7,000 a month for a small one

I agree 99% chance these low rent numbers are a come on....But there are the numbers plain as day....Do a search I only posted some of them...

But this does show desperation that agents would need to stoop to this bait and switch level....

Those are not the rents and all those ads are from the same outfit that is showing the monthly maintenance (condo) fee as the "rent" to sucker people into clicking on the ad, thinking they are going to get a condo that normally rents for 29,000 a month for just 1,000 a month.

(Seriously ? 29,000 a month plus a 1,000 a month condo fee to live in a 53 sm box on the 22nd floor ? That's 360,000 a year. 10 years = 3.6 mil. You could probably get a pretty nice house for that much. In fact, I was just looking at some listings of houses and you could get a place 4 times the size for what you'd pay in 10 years of rent at that condo.)

I'd almost say it borders on false advertising.

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

I agree 99% chance these low rent numbers are a come on....But there are the numbers plain as day....Do a search I only posted some of them...

But this does show desperation that agents would need to stoop to this bait and switch level....

Nothing new here.  Agents have been doing this for years.  You see this same thing on Hipflat when you do searches for condos for sale in a project.  When you sort by price,  there will always be a few at the top of the list with ridiculously low prices.  When you click on the listing for the details it is not the actual price of the condo but the down payment or some other smaller amount.  

17 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Those are not the rents and all those ads are from the same outfit that is showing the monthly maintenance (condo) fee as the "rent" to sucker people into clicking on the ad

Yes, that is likely it.  Dodgy......

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

It could be an agent ploy for sure, i often see condos/houses for sale on Facebook for say 800,000 or 1,000,000 that further down says 8,000,000 or 10,000,000

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It could be an agent ploy for sure, i often see condos/houses for sale on Facebook for say 800,000 or 1,000,000 that further down says 8,000,000 or 10,000,000

A sales agent I spoke to at my condo complex said that the heavily discounted units (25%) had many things broken and the owners had no money to replace or repair items. 

A condo without one or more of aircon, TV, fridge, etc. Rental income is required to service repayments on borrowed purchase price and common fees. A sad consequence of Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, some of these are deceptive, but not all.  In the block I live in, some condos where the owner would have laughed at an offer of ฿10,000 last year, are now asking ฿6,000 negotiable.  BUT, it's a one-year contract, and expect the price to go back up after that if the borders are open.  Still, right now, there are bargains.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 7:58 AM, Kerryd said:

Those are not the rents and all those ads are from the same outfit that is showing the monthly maintenance (condo) fee as the "rent" to sucker people into clicking on the ad, thinking they are going to get a condo that normally rents for 29,000 a month for just 1,000 a month.

There's only expats here now.  Where are the "sucker people?"  

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

There's only expats here now.  Where are the "sucker people?"  

Sounds like a lot of people about still using Visas that suggest they are not Expats... Covid Extensions, Volunteer Visas etc. 

There have been a lot of cheap deals going around sine before Christmas anyway. I posted earlier about a 48 sq. m seaview apartment going for 4k. Though electricity was perhaps 8 baht per unit; that's not a big issue when the apartment costs only 4,000.

113 sq.m apartment going for 10k. So there are bargains out there. Just ignore the agent tricks and go direct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1