UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

The public are deeply unhappy with the government’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic and the Brexit negotiations, a damning new poll suggests.

The poll predicts that if a general election were held tomorrow neither the Conservatives nor Labour would win an outright majority. Disturbingly for Boris Johnson, the survey says the Conservatives would lose 81 seats, wiping out the 80-seat majority they won in December 2019.

It gives the first detailed insight into the public’s perception of Johnson’s handling of the Brexit talks and the pandemic, amid fears that Britain is heading into a third national lockdown.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/02/poll-predicts-a-uk-general-election-now-would-wipe-out-tory-majorit

and Results in Scotland would see the Scottish National party achieve a near complete sweep, winning 57 of the 59 Scottish seats.

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/02/poll-predicts-a-uk-general-election-now-would-wipe-out-tory-majorit

and Results in Scotland would see the Scottish National party achieve a near complete sweep, winning 57 of the 59 Scottish seats.

Start a new thread, that has nothing to do with this topic

16 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Charles-Henri Gallois French politician in the Popular Republican Union party

There is also :

Nicolas Dupont - Aignan / President of Debout la France

Jean-Frederic Poisson / President of the Christian Democratic Party

Valerie Precresse / President of the Regional Council of IIe-de-France

and many others.

They all have their own opinions.

If it is relevant, is of course relative.

Just now, Hi from France said:

(spelling corrected)

you say Valérie Pécresse is a Frexiter?

No, I don't even know what the program is of all these people.

I just mention that next to Mr. Gallois, there are different other politicians with their own opinions about multiple subjects, yes or no Frexit included.

All these people have their followers, who consider without a doubt, the opinion of their leader as very important,

however maybe not that much by non-followers.

Hence my point that a statement, from a politician, is a relative something, and must be placed in the correct context.  

6 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

as mentioned "Johnson’s handling of the Brexit talks" = thread topic

Brexit is sooooooooo "last year" , move on, its 2021 now , we've left the E.U.

Notice how the anti Brexit Guardian put the Brexit talks in with the Governments handling of the virus , like they were one thing, one subject . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Notice how the anti Brexit Guardian put the Brexit talks in with the Governments handling of the virus , like they were one thing, one subject . 

Well it may happen one day, that the opposition, and their media, agree with the ideas and handlings  of the government in place.

Usually everything what " the others" do, and think, is immediately, without question, considered as wrong. 

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Well it may happen one day, that the opposition, and their media, agree with the ideas and handlings  of the government in place.

Usually everything what " the others" do, and think, is immediately, without question, considered as wrong. 

Just pointing out that its rather deceptive to put two different subjects into one .

Like the people who think the Gov handled to pandemic badly are put in the same group as people who think the Brexit talks didnt go good .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Just pointing out that its rather deceptive to put two different subjects into one .

Like the people who think the Gov handled to pandemic badly are put in the same group as people who think the Brexit talks didnt go good .

I am sure many people just believe the Brexit talks did go good, because Mr. Johnson claimed it was a victory.

Now I don't pretend it isn't, I am not clever enough to understand a 2000 pages deal.

And my only concern is, somehow egoist I admit, what concrete influence this deal will have on the daily life, of the gross, of the man in the street.

9 hours ago, Hi from France said:

Did you actually understand that the EMA removes bureaucracy but providing a single drug approval system for the single market? 

Did you actually understand what I said ?

If the EMA issues an approval for the single market, it still has to get approval from the BfArm in Germany, ANSM in France, MHRA in UK etc etc.

Edited by Chelseafan

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

Did you actually understand what I said ?

If the EMA issues an approval for the single market, it still has to get approval from the BfArm in Germany, ANSM in France, MHRA in UK etc etc.

The local EMA's are simply taking the main EMA's assertion. All in all the process is now a lot faster than it used to be with individual assessments.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Anything anti-Brexit or anti-Boris or anti-Govt is all one and the same for the Grauniad. As with Remainers and lefty liberals here, so long as they can spin it anti-Tory it will do for them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

The local EMA's are simply taking the main EMA's assertion. All in all the process is now a lot faster than it used to be with individual assessments.

That's my point. What is the point of the local agencies then ? Might as well disband them if all they are doing is following the advise of the central EMA. Two branches doing the same job. Bureaucracy at its finest.

7 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

not at all, you believed in the "get brexit done" didn't you?

But guess what? You are still there talking about it, and you'll be still there for years

Nor will Brexit deliver its most basic, if disingenuous, promise: to have resolved the great European question once and for all. On the contrary, negotiations with Brussels will be a permanent fixture, not least because Johnson’s trade deal does not cover all of Britain’s trade – excluding, among other things, the 80% of Britain’s economy made up of services. “Europe” will remain a live issue, as it has for centuries, 

https://bit.ly/3rO3uro

Welcome in Brexeternity @CorpusChristie

The notion that Brexit will never in fact be over; that Britain will be stuck half-in and half-out of the European Union forever, condemned to permanent and mind-numbingly awful negotiations until kingdom come

"Get brexit done" hu? You did not get brexit done, you did the opposite, we (and you probably) are going to keep on talking about brexit all the time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

not at all, you believed in the "get brexit done" didn't you?

But guess what? You are still there talking about it, and you'll be still there for years

https://bit.ly/3rO3uro

Welcome in Brexeternity @CorpusChristie

"Get brexit done" hu? You did not get brexit done, you did the opposite, we (and you probably) are going to keep on talking about brexit all the time. 

Brexit was about the UK leaving the E.U

Brexit wasnt about the UK pulling the anchor up, putting the sails up and sailing off into the Atlantic ocean and parking ourselves in some far off location 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

That's my point. What is the point of the local agencies then ? Might as well disband them if all they are doing is following the advise of the central EMA. Two branches doing the same job. Bureaucracy at its finest.

The local agencies deal with non-prescription drugs and drugs authorised before the creation of the EMA.

It's more efficient to have a look at the EMA website.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/about-us/what-we-do/authorisation-medicines

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hi from France said:

You are still there talking about it, and you'll be still there for years

And the Remainers and Rejoiners will still be there for years. Do you really think the EU will allow the UK/Scotland to rejoin? Not a cat in hells chance. Dream on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

And the Remainers and Rejoiners will still be there for years. Do you really think the EU will allow the UK/Scotland to rejoin? Not a cat in hells chance. Dream on. 

As long as requirements are met, of course they can (re)join.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/28/2020 at 5:46 PM, vinny41 said:

No need to prove you wrong the majority of people know that UK membership of the EU ceased on 31st January 2020

if you and Ian Blackford think different thats fine

I again refer back to the answer I gave previously

You may want to

Sooty, The Wombles and The Magic Roundabout Photo: the roundabout |  Childhood memories 70s, Magic roundabout, Childhood memories

but I'll leave yo to play with yourself.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

They will,just not with the opt outs they had, and the Biggie is they would have to ditch the pound and take the Euro!!!!!!.