UK travellers ‘will not be blocked’ over mutated Covid-19 strain

snoop1130

Just now, Irrumator said:

So all something is a waste of time and money then ...

Well appears so if you believe the argument that there are not enough qualified staff to open them. 

Does beg the question if this is the case why they were built in record time to much acclaim by the government in the first place. 

Looks like they they will he used as vaccine centres going  forwards  so face is not totally lost. (See face is a big issue in the UK too)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bbbb969 said:

I sick of people calling this the uk COVID 19. Has everyone forgot this started in China. Should we all be calling it the Chinese COVID virus if it’s not in the uk. 

pure racism against the British 

Well, you can blame Boris for that one.

The British Mutant Covid strain hasn’t made its way to China yet thankfully. 

And it differs from the Chinese one as it is more contagious by 70%. I read that it originated in Kent.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

I read that it originated in Kent.

How is there any way to be sure of this?  It could just as easily have originated in another country, where they are not testing for variants, and it was simply first noticed here.  Or it was discovered but the country suppressed the information.

You would need to have proof that the variant never entered the UK.

We can only be certain that it was first discovered and publicised in the UK.

14 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Oh really?  Were they on a plane?

In the UK they are not allowing people to travel now.  Ha ha ha!  

Thailand, what on earth are you doing?  

Aren't all incoming passengers going into a mandatory 14-days quarantine?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Meanwhile, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has said there is no conclusive evidence on how serious this strain of Covid-19 is and there is no information as to whether it is exclusively from the UK.

Thank you. But why has it taken so long to acknowledge  this whilst loose cannons in the government spread their propaganda?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

How is there any way to be sure of this?  It could just as easily have originated in another country, where they are not testing for variants, and it was simply first noticed here.  Or it was discovered but the country suppressed the information.

You would need to have proof that the variant never entered the UK.

We can only be certain that it was first discovered and publicised in the UK.

Let me guess. 
You are British right? 

The Chinese tried the same thing with their milder version of covid. They were just the first to publicize it. They tried to pin in on Italy.

6 hours ago, theoldgit said:

So you intend travelling to Thailand on a tourist visa, I suspect you may well be asked the reason for your trip at the UK point of departure, what will you say, "I'm hoping to find work in Thailand" or "I already of a job, but not the correct visa"?

"You can only travel internationally – or within the UK – where you first have a legally permitted reason to leave home. In addition, you should consider the public health advice in the country you are visiting"
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home

Yes I would say I am relocating to join my boyfriend who lives and works there currently and that I intend to look for work and apply for a work permit when I arrive 

Edited by AlexfromManchester

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

UK travellers ‘will not be blocked’ over mutated Covid-19 strain

By The Nation

800_ce2a08e4fefe3b0.jpeg

Thailand’s measures to control the spread of Covid-19 are strong enough to not warrant special measures against travellers from the United Kingdom, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Thanee Saengrat said.

As for the mutated strain of Covid-19 in the UK, she said the British family of four went into 14-day quarantine immediately upon arrival and though they tested positive on Sunday, they had not come in contact with anyone.

Meanwhile, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has said there is no conclusive evidence on how serious this strain of Covid-19 is and there is no information as to whether it is exclusively from the UK.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400720

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-05

The new strain was discovered by uk scientists but did not come from the uk it is in Africa and Europe. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Kadilo said:

1) the Health system is not on the brink of collapse otherwise they would be using the Nightingale hospitals, which they are not. Yes they are busy and 1/3 on average are Covid patients but most areas are still carrying out operations as normal. 

2) “hospitals are full of sick people” .....yes, that’s what they are used for

3) ambulances are still responding to emergencies, 

4) we have just had an update from Boris the Baffoon where he has said he expects the lockdown and things to being to get back to “normal” by Spring. 

So basically stop posting scare mongering lies.  

Correct. It seems to be on the brink every year if you follow certain news outlets that hate anything but a Labour government. Pretty much all MSM in the U.K. right now. 

Here’s some yearly examples well before C19

96F52FB1-0951-4406-823B-38A128CC4FA8.png

C7C470D4-FED9-4AF9-BCEE-EE6F8A6F38B3.png

1686E19E-0ADC-4CB6-ADA9-D922ED3C2CFD.png

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Why the big change of heart, did you do your research and discovered that this new strain of covid 19 originated in South Africa, and not the UK, or is it that the UK, might just ban travellers from Thailand.... 

I believe the UK has a mutated c19 strain    AND   africa has ANOTHER strain of the virus .. so 3 strains total  and i have not heard of the third getting out of africa  but things change hourly so anytime is possible 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, madmen said:

Nothing there stating UK citizens are exempt from international travel ban if moving to Thailand. 

How would the Bangkok post know? They wouldnt have a clue 

The facts (International travel FROM UK is banned whilst UK is in lockdown) are on BBC and the UK Gov sites as ever - easy to find

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Correct. It seems to be on the brink every year if you follow certain news outlets that hate anything but a Labour government. Pretty much all MSM in the U.K. right now. 

Here’s some yearly examples well before C19

96F52FB1-0951-4406-823B-38A128CC4FA8.png

C7C470D4-FED9-4AF9-BCEE-EE6F8A6F38B3.png

1686E19E-0ADC-4CB6-ADA9-D922ED3C2CFD.png

F6112D34-19FE-4FA1-BF62-8029BBE448FC.png

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Your usual rubbish.  They have made a perfectly sensible decision - as I told you before, the family were found to have the virus whilst in quarantine which is exactly what qurantine is for.

14 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

what normal and what spring?

if you mean the new normal, than it means the corona will not disapear by spring, unless

you mean next year spring.

i am not spreading mongering lies. i spread what my friends told me. they know the health system and

they see where it is headed. there is  a difference between how the regular person see things, and

how a proffesional see them. it takes just a bit more than usual seriously sick people to collapse a health system, and than it all collapse like domino. that is what happaned in italy and spain last spring.

U.K. is not there, but could get there very quick, in  a mattar of few weeks, if the current lockdown was not

determined.

unfortunately, what you are saying appears correct. Numerous health workers on the front lines that have been interviewed and this is their general consensus - the outlook is grim and with the vaccine rollout hiccups, it is expected to get a lot worse before improving. very sad indeed..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

truth is that the situation in the U.K. is very bad, and reminds italy in march 2020.

the health system is on brink of collpase, hospitals

are full of sick people, also young, and ambulabces do not respond to calls anymore, or come very late,

the lockdown is for unlimited time, and some experts say only next year, yes, 2022, U.K. will come out

of this mess.

14 hours ago, ewingjm said:

Let's not forget that the average age at death from COVID-19 in the UK is a whopping 82. A nurse being interviewed on TV recently was also called out for claiming that the wards were full of children - apparently, this was a complete fabrication. The vast, vast majority of hospitalisations are the elderly.

An internet attention seeker not a nurse, we have a number of so called on the ground expert reporters spouting <deleted> on Facebook and being given a voice in the UK media due to journalists lacking the ability to use basic investigative journalism. I will rephrase that ''lacking any ability''

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

maybe it is you who is spreading lies.

the whole problem in the u.k. started because of people like you, who did not want to believe

that the danger is real. as simple as that. the british government did all the possible mistakes.

and if you think that the chance of someone over 50 catching or dying from covid is slim - than

go tell it to boris johnson. he also thought so and he did get it and he did get to intensive care unit !

you say that most people go to NHS because of something else  but the main problem is

that the medical stuff gets infected - than you contradict yourself, because if there is no

covid problem and it is not so deadly, than the nurses has nothing to worry about. so why

wont you go the england and visit all your favorite bars without a mask. show them what a hero u r.

Think you ought to open your ears or your eyes my friend as you clearly didn't read what " Hydraides" had wtitten in his post, as he stated 

"The chance of someone Aged 50 and under catching/dying of cov-id is extremely small, they have more risk of dying in a traffic accident".

If you can't even do that perhaps you should stop quoting your "Friends" too.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, ewingjm said:

However, that won't be an issue given that it's a minor ailment to most.

Minor Ailment !!!  Where have you been living? Where do you get your stupid information from?

This MINOR AILMENT causes extreme difficulty breathing, and eventually all major organs to fail resulting in death,  if you want to know what that is like stick your head in a poly bag and see how long you can stand it before you rip it off, sadly those infected with Covid do not get the chance to just rip it off and breathe freely again.

Whilst a great many of those that have died have been above 80 years old there has been a great many across the age range from 2 to 40 with no underlying health issues, who have succumbed, and many more youngsters are now getting it.

One of the major problems has been that from the outset the young were told it did not effect them and they have grabbed that info believing that they can continue partying but they have been Asymptomatic and gone on to infect  those around them including family members.

You have done a serious injustice to all of those poor soles across the world who have had there lives cut short by this horrible Chinese disease and you should be ashamed of yourself for such a flippant remark.

You obviously did not see the footage of people dieting in the streets because of untreated Covid 19 infections in countries that do not have the kind of health organisation that we have in the U.K. but this infection is coming to Thailand and increasing every day and unless the government gets a grip on it immediately and stops paying lip service you may just begin to see it.

MINOR AILMENT indeed

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AmySeeker said:

This mutation is also all over the world, USA, Europe - so they may as well close up the quarantine process if they don't want it. 

Correct and there will be many more variants before this pandemic is over. Banning any travellers when they are all subject to quarantine would seem ridiculous.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Actually it is a bit of a grey area.  The government guideline is that you can travel abroad if you have a legitimate reason for doing so.  A holiday is not one of them but if you have a home or residency overseas you can.  I have an office in Europe so I am allowed to go there.  There could be restrictions coming back to the UK though, now we are no longer in the EU.

16 hours ago, Kadilo said:

1) the Health system is not on the brink of collapse otherwise they would be using the Nightingale hospitals, which they are not. Yes they are busy and 1/3 on average are Covid patients but most areas are still carrying out operations as normal. 

2) “hospitals are full of sick people” .....yes, that’s what they are used for

3) ambulances are still responding to emergencies, 

4) we have just had an update from Boris the Baffoon where he has said he expects the lockdown and things to being to get back to “normal” by Spring. 

So basically stop posting scare mongering lies.  

The Nightingale hospitals were a vanity projest paid for with tax payers money. They can't be used because after 10 years of austerity fueled cut backs' removal of the nurses bursary and the loss of thousands of foriegn nhs staff due to fears over brexit there is noboby to staff them. Many hospitals are reporting 99% usage in ICU wards. which means it is entirety possible that for example should a serious road traffic accident require an ICU facility there won't be one and people will die. As for Johnson and his promises regarding getting back to normal by spring just fact check his same promises from last year. Over by the summer, over by September, over by Christmas. He has got a history of telling porkies.