Pattaya: The beach is open but DO NOT drink alcohol, says mayor

webfact

2 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Why is it so difficult for people to see that the authorities recognise that those drinking alcohol are more likely to do so in groups, and the more they drink, the more likely any and all sensibilities disappear

Those eating are also very likely to do that, it is what the local people like to do and is highly dangerous. Why does that not get a special mention?

The gathering in groups is what needs to be controlled, not these jumped up municipality officers and volunteers checking cool boxes. I think they should stop alcohol sales from the 7-11s and shops in the vicinity of the beach.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Those eating are also very likely to do that, it is what the local people like to do and is highly dangerous. Why does that not get a special mention?

The gathering in groups is what needs to be controlled, not these jumped up municipality officers and volunteers checking cool boxes. I think they should stop alcohol sales from the 7-11s and shops in the vicinity of the beach.

There are umpteen barbecue restaurants along 3rd road full most evenings with patrons....social distancing...large groups of people gathering....what,s that...no one cares...but don,t go on the beach with a beer :whistling:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, petermik said:

There are umpteen barbecue restaurants along 3rd road full most evenings with patrons....social distancing...large groups of people gathering....what,s that...no one cares...but don,t go on the beach with a beer :whistling:

During Ph1, when restaurants were reopening for sit in, even small groups were split up, on a table of 4, 2 chairs to be left empty, and people behind plastic wrapper screens.

41 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think they should stop alcohol sales from the 7-11s and shops in the vicinity of the beach.

7-11s and shops nearby to schools and at gas stations are prohibited from selling alcohol so this seems like a reasonable thing to do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Went to Pattaya beach on New Year's day about 9:30pm. Nearest other persons were one group about 25 metres away. Other than that the beach was deserted. We enjoyed a couple of beers with our food. Where's the risk in that? We could still eat and drink together in closer proximity at home or on the Soi but now (6th Jan) not allowed to do so when distanced on the beach. How absurd it that! 

image.png.da3c2e72d27410d8a024507ba6c1a623.png

So, you are a self-confessed criminal! Join the club....

9 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Gosh you are hilarious. 

Why is it so difficult for people to see that the authorities recognise that those drinking alcohol are more likely to do so in groups, and the more they drink, the more likely any and all sensibilities disappear.

If we could all drink sensibly, and stay social distanced while doing so, there would not be a problem.  Sadly there are too many idiots (and covidiots) around.

Banning alcohol from the beach is a sensible measure to ensure that we can ALL continue to enjoy the benefits of open air.  I just hope the "you can't tell me what to do" brigade are arrested and charged rather than leading to a total beach ban that will affcet everyone

PH

Gosh, you are just so right with your hypothesis, why only last night I had 4 large beers followed by a G n T, next thing, there I was running around the village waving my boxers above my head embracing all the young fillies, silly me, next time I'll go to the beach & remain sober and adult like.

Don't be daft mate, take a day off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Gosh, you are just so right with your hypothesis, why only last night I had 4 large beers followed by a G n T, next thing, there I was running around the village waving my boxers above my head embracing all the young fillies, silly me, next time I'll go to the beach & remain sober and adult like.

Don't be daft mate, take a day off.

Only "embracing all the young fillies"? Doing nothing else? What did they say about that?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

I was sat on Pattaya beach opposite Soi 7 last night till 8pm............myself and 3 lady friends , bought a couple of cans each from the 7-11.............hardly anybody else on the beach

I/d like to know what has drinking alcohol got to do with covid...........sensibilities dont go out the window

Notice the markets are still open...............

Should add we all had our masks on.

Three lady friends - an awesome foursome? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

So you are a:  they do it so we can do it.. thinker?

Hey, up to you.

Many people in western countries from Thanksgiving thru Xmas had the same thinking.

Just meet with family eat, drink and be merry whats the harm.

Now, 1000's are dead or in hospitals because of their naive stupidity.

... “Master Yoda... The Sanctimony is strong in this one;”..... 

“I took a sample, the ‘w@nkaclorians’ are off the charts”....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy from Kent said:

You think you have a right to spread the virus to others?

All those in attendance understand and share any risk (minimal in open air on beach). Some will stay home frightened for ever if they subscribe to the scaremongering. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Only "embracing all the young fillies"? Doing nothing else? What did they say about that?

Most disappointed by all accounts, the Mrs dragged me in by the short & curlies, not nice a feeling I can tell you, the young fillies promised to be around when I eventually get out ????

13 hours ago, stretch5163 said:

Everyone should be able to make their own choices. Be done with it and if you catch the virus then so be it. 

I take it then from your rather crass & stupid statement that you don't have a close family member currently fighting for their life in a Critical Care Unit ? No, I thought not, you and BritmanToo seem to have some romantic notion that this virus/disease is a way of leaving this world without too much hassle, are you ever in for a nasty surprise.

My brother managed (with the help of a nurse) to call me on messenger before they put him in a drug induced coma, he could hardly breathe, it scared the f*****g life outta me, he has been in a drug induced coma since just after Christmas, I sincerely hope that neither you or your loved ones catch it cos by <deleted> you'll know what scared is if they do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

My brother managed (with the help of a nurse) to call me on messenger before they put him in a drug induced coma, he could hardly breathe, it scared the f*****g life outta me, he has been in a drug induced coma since just after Christmas, I sincerely hope that neither you or your loved ones catch it cos by <deleted> you'll know what scared is if they do.

Sorry to hear about your brother, hope he pulls through ok.

I/m somewhere in between the two extreme camps of look at the four walls for the indefinite future and the lets all just do what we want and sod everybody else crowd................IMO there has to come a time when life must return to some sort of normality, for me lifes not worth living to stay at home day in day out, to others it may be.

By all means full steam ahead with the vaccines and treatments but if everyone took precautions i.e masks/sanitizers....which they are not in the UK/USA then maybe things wouldnt be so bad?..

Govt also have a lot to answer to answer for, pandering to the big Pharmas and ignoring treatments for their own ends .......did you know there is a treatment with 79% efficacy that has been repeatedly ignored or held back by the UK govt and has had to go to the US for fast tracking...in July they had a Phase II trial with 79% efficacy and are currently starting Phase III in 20 countries hopefully for approval end of Jan/Feb...........it wont stop you catching covid but will stop it in its tracks in the early/middle days..self administered by a nebuliser (inhaler) at home straight into the lungs (so no damage to other parts of the body as with injection)

This treatment  may of helped your brother...........but sadly as i say has been held back for political agendas in the UK

Company name is Synairgen based in Southampton......drug is a by product of 15 years research into COPD

more about them below

https://www.synairgen.com/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, keith101 said:

So alcohol contains the virus but wont spread unless your out in the open on the beach and no where else what a smart virus .

That is how silly this is getting What the hell has alcohol got to do with the virus ?Geez I roll my eyes Maybe the virus is  a Leo drinker and wont touch Chiang beer So drink up Chiang drinkers you are safe

38 minutes ago, Happyman567 said:

That is how silly this is getting What the hell has alcohol got to do with the virus ?Geez I roll my eyes Maybe the virus is  a Leo drinker and wont touch Chiang beer So drink up Chiang drinkers you are safe

And all the time we have been told washing our hands with alcohol will kill the virus, and now apparently rinsing our throats with it is not beneficial!

Simple, another id1ot went public with some bla bla bla on alcohol. 

This country is doomed; in Chiang Mai you have to self-quarantine if you arrive from U-Tapao but not so in Udon Thani. This means, those bound for Chiang Mai will board a plane in Bangkok, whereas the Udon Thanians can fly from U-Tapao without worries. 

77 governors with hundreds if not thousands of chief Indians in all those villages headed by a clueless government; and everybody has his/her own opinion and dictates rules without knowledge or coordination. Good luck to all of us! 

21 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

An expected comment. But if no alcohol on the beach then it's perfectly legal to congregate. How about you journey around Pattaya at night. You'll see much larger numbers of Thais sitting closer together eating, drinking and barbecuing in front of their houses and shops every day.

Where did anybody say it was ok to congregate...With or without alcohol?

Everybody should just accept the fact that at some point the beaches will be closed again...look at Pattaya Beach at night and you see people without masks on, 2 feet from each other siting in a circle, which is exactly what the authorities....agree with them or not.....do NOT want. They are banning the alcohol on the beach to give people one less reason to participate in this behavior. Not hard to figure out. At least alcohol is not banned outright...yet (Thank God)

Edited by Tie Dye Samurai

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

All those in attendance understand and share any risk (minimal in open air on beach). Some will stay home frightened for ever if they subscribe to the scaremongering. 

You post clearly shows a lack of understanding about the virus and the spreading of it.      Pity.

Mhhhh .... my personal observation: 

Stroh Rum with 80% seems to keep away the virus, because non of my friends which drink it daily are infected with the virus. So, logically, in my humble opinion, Thailand must drop the import taxes for alcohol to fight the virus, or maybe give this medicine free of charge to Farangs.