Okay given for Bt300 foreign tourist entry fee

webfact

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

Yes also that, i have health/travel insurances for 3 million us$ but don't think i can get into thailand with those! The covid is not included....

Jusy buy covid incurance ..9900 bath for 3 months..companyname is misterpraken

Agree if insurance is included.

At the moment the inbound tour operator needs to buy insurance for each tourist.

But if they do a trip with another (sub agent) operator for example, cooking, climbing, hilltribe, trekking, cycling, snorkeling, sightseeing etc etc all these sub operators need to buy an insurance as well for the same client to cover their themselves in case of an accident as they risk the inbound operator will pull his parachute and put the blame on the sub operator.  So it quite possible that a customer will be insured x times during his visit. So yes, a decent insurance on entrance would make sense but I guess that is not the goal and at the end would generate less kick-backs.

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

This actualy is happening in a lot of european countries already it's called tourist tax . But when it happens in europe i don't hear anybody complaining but now it happens in thailand suddenly the world is to small . And it's only 300 baht what are we nagging about . I just hope it will be spend in the right way but that's where the problem starts in my opinion . 

As you mention ,the problem is that most of us know it will not be spend correctly like the million previous projects they started over the 30 years that I have been here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, donmuang37 said:

OK, it's US$10 - big deal! If you are whining about ten bucks, you can't afford to come to Thailand!!  ????????

nothing to do with $10 bucks.... just use 10 million tourists x $10 each and you will see how much money will diverted into someone's pockets, the principle of the idea is disgusting, one has to wonder how these people in the government  coming up with these ideas go to be where they are, quite sure is/was not based on their intelligence

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 473geo said:

I'm far from a rich man but 300 baht is not going to have an effect on me, however there will be a cumulative benefit for Thailand

I don't begrudge 300 baht in these hard times

That’s the same moronic mindset as the officials that dream up these schemes. With the tourist industry on its @rse you do not want to be sending out that kind of message which simply adds to the impression that Thailand is trying to gouge tourists. People can get disproportionately upset when they feel that’s happening,even though it’s just (another) 30l baht. Nor will it be put to anything that that contributes to their stay. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Burma Bill said:

Soon to be installed at all international check points???????

34 Street Hudson Yards Subway Station High Resolution Stock Photography and  Images - Alamy

it says the date to be April 5th, it must have been a mistake,  it should be corrected and read APRIL 1st   555

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

That’s the same moronic mindset as the officials that dream up these schemes. With the tourist industry on its @rse you do not want to be sending out that kind of message which simply adds to the impression that Thailand is trying to gouge tourists. People can get disproportionately upset when they feel that’s happening,even though it’s just (another) 30l baht. Nor will it be put to anything that that contributes to their stay. 

No need to be offensive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you will find thats a myth perpetuated by westerners who think they are propping up the Thai economy, Chinese have the shortest stay but have the biggest daily spend. 

It is not so much the daily amount spent, but where it is spent.

I keep reading on TVF that the Chinese spend their money at Chinese owned hotels, ant Chinese shops that they are taken too and 7/11s. I live in rural Kamphaeng Phet and if any Chinese tourists come here, they must be lost.

• Like 1

Trying to translate this to something more down to Earth... so I have a shop, just like many other shops around mine, and now I start charging my customers to enter the shop, to collect money to put up a billboard to tell people I have a shop and they should come buy stuff here.

But to let them in, they need to show health certificate, buy insurance, get a test done and arrive in at least a Benz. And when they enter the shop, they first need to be locked in the toilet for a while before they are left to roam around the shop. But they must load an app, so I can track them wherever they are in the shop.

If I find out they aren't using app, I'll call the cops to fine them and throw them in jail. If they decide to move from one department of the shop to another, they must be locked in toilet again.

Would any of you go to shop like that, or many others around it that doesn't come with all this nonsense?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Hoppyone said:

Haven’t you seen price of 28 day visa On Arrival  to enter Vietnam,no visa free entry there a lot more $ than 300 baht fee to enter Thailand 

https://vietnam.travel/plan-your-trip/visa-requirements

The e-Visa takes three working days to process, costs 25 USD, and is a single-entry visa, valid for 30 days. You can enter Vietnam on an e-Visa at any of the country's eight international airports, including Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Danang, as well as 14 land crossings and seven seaports. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Deserted said:

Yeah, that used to be annoying. Pay to get in pay to get out. For a country that has so many tourists it seems a bit underhanded, especially when the investment in the tourist sector isn't particularly impressive or at least not reflexive of the amount it generates for the country.

'Underhanded' sums up Thailand in one word !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

OK, 2 questions spring to mind;

1. Not all tourists arrive with Thai bank notes in their pocket, won't there be serious bottlenecks if they have to change money before immigration?
  2. I'm not a tourist, I live here, if I leave for a holiday, do I have to pay?
  • Sad 1

Sure it's OK if we pay 300 baht when entering Thailand. 

But only if they stop charging us more than locals when entering parks and such. 

No. 

Hmm didn't think so