My adventure dealing with very dirty (and some mold) grout in bathroom/shower

Jingthing

On 1/31/2021 at 9:00 AM, Swiss1960 said:

Another option (my preferred one): Clean regularly, enable air flow in bath room (with fan if no windows) and you don't get mold.. 

How somebody can wait with cleaning his apartment until mold shows up or grout turns black evades me.

Tell that to our maid, she avoids any serious cleaning in the bathroom, which worries my son because he's afraid of mould etc., getting on his kids' feet. 

End result, my son did some mixing (same as mentioned by jingthing) and he does a weekly clean.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Easily found on lazada, as are all the other chemicals.463323DD-61A0-44AD-BD5B-D9564B6B6A57.jpeg.4cb8f13cf1aed7936b3ebe9c7635af35.jpeg

Thank you. 

I have ordered several chemicals from Lazada but liquids are especially heavy and bulky thus shipping cost to Huahin is annoyingly high. I keep thinking I may find it closer to home. It's difficult to understand why such a commodity is not readily available. 

13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Lopburi, when you've done the white vinegar approach, were you using a 100% spray, or diluted to some extent with water?  And if the latter, what kind of dilution?  Thx.

PS - white vinegar is also an excellent and cheap way of getting the scale out of things like coffee makers and water boilers.  When I clean my water boiler at home, I use one white vinegar bottle like posted above and the rest filled with water, and then let it sit about an hour while on warm... Result is clean like brand new.

White vinegar here also is cheap, like 15-20 baht for a 700 ml bottle like shown above.

100% - just pour into sprayer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

Thank you. 

I have ordered several chemicals from Lazada but liquids are especially heavy and bulky thus shipping cost to Huahin is annoyingly high. I keep thinking I may find it closer to home. It's difficult to understand why such a commodity is not readily available. 

Didn’t you notice the free shipping label??? You can also filter by free shipping.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Tell that to our maid, she avoids any serious cleaning in the bathroom, which worries my son because he's afraid of mould etc., getting on his kids' feet. 

End result, my son did some mixing (same as mentioned by jingthing) and he does a weekly clean.  

I might add, my son is serious about this subject and 2 or 3 times every month (mostly when his 3 kids are at school he does a a big splash of bleach on each shower floor and ensures windows are all open, then an hour later he or his wife or I do a good wash down with the shower spray in each bathroom.