Has Your Drinking Alcohol 'start time' changed on Retirement?

Pilotman

when I was working full time, my 'start time'  for alcohol consumption was set at 6pm, provided I was not flying next day.  In fact, it was a family rule.   Now its 4pm and I sometimes struggle with that self imposed restriction.   Has your a acceptable  'start time' changed since retirement? 

Occasionally have a beer with lunch or dinner. When it's Sangsom and coke, only weekends in the evening. I don't watch the clock for when I pour it, anywhere between 5.30 and 7 pm.

If anything, my alcohol consumption is half to a third of what it was 2-3 years ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

when I was working full time, my 'start time'  for alcohol consumption was set at 6pm, provided I was not flying next day.  In fact, it was a family rule.   Now its 4pm and I sometimes struggle with that self imposed restriction.   Has your a acceptable  'start time' changed since retirement? 

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

For me , i do garden duties watering etc, at 4 pm .

Start time for me , the rewards for my labour is 6 pm, ish .

If i indulge @  5 .30 , so what . 

Enjoy .  We have worked hard enough , and paid taxes .555

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 8:04 PM, Don Chance said:

Alcohol is particularly harmful the older you get. Over  age 50 you shouldn't drink any alcohol, over 65 is very harmful. It is generally believed that there is no cure for alcoholism but that is not true.

Baclofen is repurposed drug that can treat withdrawal and craving of alcohol completely. Quitting alcohol is as easy as taking some pills everyday. Millions of people have been treated successfully with Baclofen.

You have a Kindle ??.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2