Management Of Thai Bank Account Via Internet When Outside Of Thailand

I have accounts with KTB and have E-Banking access.

I am, currently, outside Thailand. 

When trying to pay a Third Party's Thai bank account by transfer from one of my accounts my bank sends a One Time Password (Usually numerical) by SMS to the telephone registered to my account. This 'phone has a Thai SIMM telephone number.

However, I am in the UK and do not get that OTP. I have a phone with a UK SIMM telephone number. When I access my Thai account and amend the registered telephone number to my UK number (including the prefix +66) it is not accepted.

How do I set up my phones in order to receive the OTP if, indeed, that is possible?

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.

Usually, one is way is you can contact by phone whatever of the Thai mobile service providers you have your SIM from, and ask them to add international roaming to your SIM account for whatever duration you need it. As you might expect, there probably will be an extra charge for that, either per month or per use.

Once they activate your SIM for international roaming, you should be able to receive SMS messages sent to your TH SIM while in the UK.

Although.... you might also want to check with your mobile provider specifically, bank SMS codes are often sent as what's called "short code" messages, which are a bit different than regular SMS text messages. Should ask them, whether Thai bank short code messages will go thru via their international roaming service.

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

Make sure you disable data roaming on the Thai SIM or will it run up a big bill.  Phone roaming (without data) doesn't cost anything to receive SMS's.

Thanks for the tip! I use AIS prepaid and the website does not recognise my account. Tried to arrange roaming and it asks for the telephone number but when I insert mine it says it is not a phone but an ID card number rejects it!. My bank is sending me SMS but I cant receive them.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

What I do when in the US is keep my Thai SIM on (or turn it on when needed) with roaming. There is usually no charge for receiving an SMS.

I do exactly the same. I turn the SIM on prior to any transactions and off when completed.

14 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Thanks for the tip! I use AIS prepaid and the website does not recognise my account. Tried to arrange roaming and it asks for the telephone number but when I insert mine it says it is not a phone but an ID card number rejects it!. My bank is sending me SMS but I cant receive them.

What website?  What does the phone display for the AIS SIM, does it register with a UK network or not?  If not as a last resort try sending ∗128∗1# from the AIS SIM.  That should/might request international roaming.