Biden says world on cusp of some 'real breakthroughs' on cancer

webfact

52 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My opinion .........

I always assumed cancer was deliberate.

But freely admit to being paranoid.

Well I'm glad you added the bit about "being paranoid", because cancer has been around for millions of years and has been found in fossilised bones dating back to well before humans roamed the earth.

It would be very difficult to pin those cancers on smoking and the likes of chemicals and so on, although all scientists will admit that our lifestyle has a major influence on how long we live and what cancers we get, however don't forget that some cancers are caused by a virus and it is quite likely that some of these viruses have been around since time immemorial?

As Owl has said, there is a great deal we can do to improve our health, and indeed we are living far longer than we ever have in the past, although it's a difficult task trying to unravel a mystery (cancer) which stretches back millions of years, but progress is being made.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

The current iteration of the democratic party and the left are driving the country towards communism, oppression, censorship, needs of the people to be unable to fend for themselves and rely on the state, inflation, manufactured racism and divisiveness, cancel culture thru manipulation of what is purported right or wrong with volatile and destructive policies and  media output.

Remember just 3 years ago people in the US would look at a country like China and ask how could people live like that, under a government that made something as lovable and harmless as Winnie the Pooh an Illegal offense (canceled the cartoon) and would point at how fascist the government was by controlling all the content that the people could see online.

Now, in the last year we've lost art, monuments, history, books, both FB and Google are now censoring content and showing you what the powers want you to see instead of what you looked up (check duckduckgo.com search results vs googles now).

Some of the History they are canceling and burning:
Monuments to great men of their time.
Dr Seuss
Muppets,
Justin Timberlake had to go out and beg not to get canceled for his song Cry Me A River made 20 years ago because if purported "Toxic Masculinity" and hurt Britney Spears feelings for her cheating on him.  What???

Coke's new training policy is "Be less white" (actual training, has been circulated openly)
"mr" Potato head
separate Boys and Girls athletic programs:  Born men can now compete with genetic females.  Consequences be damned.  One MMA fighter already had her skull crushed by a transgender competitor.

Drew Brees was forced to make an apology for giving his opinion that he thinks people should stand for the anthem.  

Triple masks (lololo) being recommended in blue states for 'safety' from covid.
Separating people from people and social norms and trying to keep it that way.
Dousing and propogating fear and lighting it constantly in every aspect.

Apps to report your neighbor (hmm, where has reporting your neighbor been done in history before??)

And most of what media and reports and does hot takes on, are hypocritical to how they live.  

Because for the time being these lawmakers live under this guise...

THESE RULES ARE FOR THEE, NOT FOR ME.

Probably why I may never live there again

To be fair, the topic of discussion is a medical matter.

I think we'll get there, already survival rates have dramatically increased.

In the fifties and sixties, Polio was ravaging kids, there wasn't a neighborhood where you didn't see one without a metal leg brace or other.

If you developed cataracts as most eventually will,

you were consigned to blindness, now it's a 30 minute office procedure.

The big question is can health costs come down to a point where anybody can afford treatments or procedures.

Edited by cobra
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cobra said:

I think we'll get there, already survival rates have dramatically increased.

Everyone I have known, diagnosed and treated for cancer has died within 5 years.

From my parents in the 1970s, to my best pals in the 2010s.

The only people that appear to survive, are those whom appear to have been misdiagnosed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Everyone I have known, diagnosed and treated for cancer has died within 5 years.

From my parents in the 1970s, to my best pals in the 2010s.

The only people that appear to survive, are those whom appear to have been misdiagnosed.

Sorry to read that—my condolences for your friends.  Live a full life—get plenty of sleep and good fitness routines.  Moderate alcohol consumption. Eat a well balanced diet—and enjoy life.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Although you don't know me personally, but only on TVF, I'm the exception to your rule. My op was in 2005 and I was informed after that had it not been done then, the cancer would have spread and I'd have been long dead by now

Great to hear TBL.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JCauto said:

This is the TV version of "selfawarewolves". 

You're absolutely right! And you know how we achieve this excellent objective? Regulation that takes pollutants out of the water, air and food supply. And you know who eliminated all these well thought out and time-tested policies such as the Clean Water Act and the Clean Air Act? That's right, your boy Donnie. Funny how things work out, isn't it. Fortunately you've likely been saved by your move to Thailand, as you're not so much in the clutches of the food industry that keep pumping out the unhealthy <deleted> that leaves people in the West so prone to the Big C. Or at least you do if you were sensible and married a proper gal who knows how to cook fresh and delicious Thai food. But you'd have to be really dumb to mess that up.

You definitely don't want to be defending the safety of the Thai food supply. Repeatedly when inspections of fresh markets takes place, formaldehyde is found to contaminate much of the food. Formaldehyde is a potent carcinogen. And pesticides prohibited elsewhere are still in use in Thailand. The relative  healthfulness of the Thai diet comes from eating smaller portions,  less animal products and eating more produce. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Although you don't know me personally, but only on TVF, I'm the exception to your rule. My op was in 2005 and I was informed after that had it not been done then, the cancer would have spread and I'd have been long dead by now

I cant think of anything worse than being told you have the big c. I think i would rather not know.

You are a lucky man to get it out early. Well done.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I cant think of anything worse than being told you have the big c. I think i would rather not know.

You are a lucky man to get it out early. Well done.

So you can beat it or die a nasty death in nappies? Nor really a choice. Don't make the mistake of not getting that lump checked 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, madmen said:

So you can beat it or die a nasty death in nappies? Nor really a choice. Don't make the mistake of not getting that lump checked 

I had a friend who was very active. Got told he was riddled with cancer. Changed diet and lifestyle, died 2 months later missing doing what he loved doing.

Its not the lumps, happy to get them cut. Its the inside ones you dont detect, usually until too late. 

So if i have the c, or any other disease thats going to kill me regardless of what i do, then i dont want to know.

Im not one for chemo etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I had a friend who was very active. Got told he was riddled with cancer. Changed diet and lifestyle, died 2 months later missing doing what he loved doing.

Its not the lumps, happy to get them cut. Its the inside ones you dont detect, usually until too late. 

So if i have the c, or any other disease thats going to kill me regardless of what i do, then i dont want to know.

Im not one for chemo etc. 

As someone who had the lump and chemo and survived I don't even know where to start with your post. Being active never stopped cancer 

Switching to vegetables never stopped cancer except unless it was to warn off cancer before it starts so your mate was dead with bad advice before he died. 

I wish you health and happiness mate. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 6:15 PM, SunnyinBangrak said:

Snopes confirms the truth of the facts and desperately tries to spin it, but fails as it provides no details on what the funds raised were supposed to be used for

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-cancer-charity/

Your claim and other trump world sycophants, including a Russian propaganda outlet, is an outright lie. The Snopes fact check clearly states...

“The Biden Cancer Initiative never intended to make research grants because we had a $2.5 million budget which was dedicated to creating collaborations among companies, universities, nonprofits, patient groups, researchers, and the government,” said Greg Simon, former president of the charity.

As The Associated Press reported in 2019, the charity “promoted nearly 60 partnerships with drug companies, health care firms, charities and other organizations that pledged more than $400 million to improve cancer treatment.”

5 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

nobody (in research) really wants a 'cure' - there's just too much money to be made by big pharma.

Because all the researchers are owned by Big Pharma? I'm sure you've got some proof of that otherwise you wouldn't make such a blanket assertion.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Because all the researchers are owned by Big Pharma? I'm sure you've got some proof of that otherwise you wouldn't make such a blanket assertion.

grant chasers are the same all over - even worse when it comes to climate 'science' - if you're taking the paycheck - you're 'owned'..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

So you can beat it or die a nasty death in nappies?

So, you postpone dying a nasty death in nappies to a later date. But you still die a nasty death in nappies (probably a nasty death because your Thai "caregivers and doctors refuse to provide sufficient palliative drugs to reliever your suffering because?  "Its your Karma to die badly."  No it's not.  These are just ignorant or evil health care practitioners who simply don't care to alleviate your agony.  And most are Buddhists so - there is their own future karma - dying in agony and being refused palliative care that is available. Yeah - Karma's a b****.  

I've watch a whole lot of villagers come down with cancer, get chemo, then die within 3 years. 

Here's the real problem.  Everybody dies!  Most are scared <deleted>less of dying and would do anything to avoid it.  But at the end of the day the best you're going to do with extreme medical intervention is to push the date out a few months or a couple of years while your quality of life goes down to toilet.  Now?  Of course there are the Sigma 3 outliers who fully recover and go on to live a productive life for another 10, 15, or 20 years.  But - that's not the norm.

A better approach?  Accept your mortality.  Stop fighting the inevitable.
"Live happily and die majestically.”
–B. K. S. Iyengar

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Let me clarify: 40+ days since inauguration, and no State of the Union address and no open pressers. Nothing on the docket.  Now that’s concerning.

Hopefully he will address the China policy of anal swab COVID testing for foreigners in his first press conference.  Doctor Jill can explain it to him.

Edited by ExpatOK