Moving To Pattaya or Hua Hin

Neeranam

12 hours ago, RobMuir said:

t it and it is normal to see pretty bargirls and their much older, much heavier ugly customers holding hands, shopping and eating together in public, carrying on as if they are in a real relationship without any shame.

A bit like Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall maybe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Kerryd said:

As far as "sexpats and prostitutes" are concerned, the only way they'd be an issue is if you are looking for them. Some people will go out of their way to try and find a bar/hooker so they can then whine about it.
Others just pass on by without being bothered by it at all.

Agree 100%

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i have lived in Hua Hin seven years. 

it is much safer than Pattaya with less police corruption and much friendlier Thais. No Baht bus or motorbike taxi corruption like in Pattaya. 

the expat demographic is VERY different. Up to you to know what I mean by that. 

the tourist demographic is MUCH better. Families. Both Thai and Farang.  

the good beaches in Hua Hin are not near downtown, they are south down the coast. 

much less traffic than Pattaya, much safer to get around on a scooter. 

dual track train from BKK will be complete in two years goes right to the center of town. 

so if you are at least 65 years old and married or incapable of getting an erection, like a small town with basic conveniences then Hua Hin is for you. Villa Market X2, Gourmet Market and Tops Market. 

Be warned everyone will know your business and you will see the same people everywhere you go. you may like that. 

far less ocean view condos. rents while very low are slightly higher than Pattaya. 

HH has very good bicycle paths, the best gym in Thailand, world class tennis and golf. 

but if you are still looking for a hookup then no place on this planet can compare to Pattaya. The girls in HH are third string. but it does not smell like a open sewer like Pattaya does. 

and there are FAR more choices for restaurants in Pattaya with much better Farang food, the beach road is great for jogging with a proper sunset over the water unlike Hua Hin.   

shopping for anything is much better in Pattaya. far more selection. 

Good luck. 

Nicest thing about Covid.  It doesnt' smell in Pattaya any longer.  No sewage dump smell at all unless big holiday and people pour in.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2021 at 1:51 PM, Neeranam said:

HH, closer to the nice beaches. Mind you, I guess HH is nearer Samui, PaNgan.

not to mention near to Dolphin Bay and Prachuap..

maybe try chopsticks just south of HH - - though I find that area and HH too congested... 

On 3/20/2021 at 5:02 PM, RobMuir said:

I have the same view when I meet someone from Pattaya, especially if they chose to relocate there

Yep, I have the same view on pompous tw@ts who look down their noses at people before knowing anything about them.

Edited by sungod
  • Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 6:26 AM, Kerryd said:

And you can be sure it happens just as much in Hua Hin as it does in Pattaya or anywhere else in the country (aside perhaps from some tiny villages where there isn't a lot of choice)

Not quite as much, you can't walk down any soi in Pattaya without seeing an obvious bargirl walking hand in hand with her customer, but in HH they are older. 

Comparing it to Jerry Hall, sounds like denial, she isn't a Pattaya bargirl who are chosen by the customer, l am sure she chose to be with Rupert.

Pattaya streets are filled with bargirls and their customers. Most places have prostitues but you don't see them walking around in public with their customers like you see in Pattaya.

• Haha 2

On 3/20/2021 at 12:23 PM, Neeranam said:

and want a good international school for another daughter

It seems to me this should be your higher concern instead of the beaches. I've no idea if HH even has an International school, but Pattaya did (at one time), but I've not researched that either since 2005. Good Luck with you decision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

It seems to me this should be your higher concern instead of the beaches. I've no idea if HH even has an International school, but Pattaya did (at one time), but I've not researched that either since 2005. Good Luck with you decision.

I agree.  I looked at https://www.huahinschool.com/ but there is rather a lot of negative feedback.

Is it possible to integrate into a local community? I have lived in Thailand for nearly 30 years and have assimilated into my local Isan community. 

Looking for some insights into where to buy, Pattaya or Hua Hin

If you want to integrate into the local community then I wonder why you suggest those tourist places. If you want to live in between Thais and integrate with those Thais why would you even consider Pattaya and Hua Hin?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you want to integrate into the local community then I wonder why you suggest those tourist places. If you want to live in between Thais and integrate with those Thais why would you even consider Pattaya and Hua Hin?

For the beaches and golf course, and a few other things like foreign friends when I feel like it

6 hours ago, easydoor said:

You claim living 30 years in Thailand. And after 30 years you still don't know where to live, how Thai people will treat you. Or don't know it is possible to integrate into a local community? ......... It even looks like you even don't know how far is Pattaya or Hua Hin away from Bangkok......

So I ask myself what you have done during this 30 years of living in Thailand so you do have to ask that question here.

Thanks for your wisdom. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davepaul said:

Hua hin beach different class as ia Hua hin 

I heard HH was trying harder to make it only accessible to richer Thais. 

It's always had a different reputation because of HM Rama 9 living there. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

HH has some good schools but this is not my top priority. 

My work and happiness come first. 

I've seen friends even go back to their home countries so their kids can get a good education, only for them to grow up to be lazy rebellious druggies. 

I've one friend who spent millions putting his sons through the best school in Bangkok. One is a jobless alcoholic, and the other works in a coffee shop. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 1

Sounds like more to do with parenting than anything to do with school. I know a few Thais with kids in state schools, and their kids are lovely. I also know a particularly HiSo in BKK, who's son is a popular TV soap star, and both son and daughter again are highly respectable. If kids grow up as druggie loosers, first place I look is the parents!

Edited by sabai-dee-man
Autocorrect sabotaged me!
  • Like 1

When looking myself I would have preferred Cha Am just N of Hua Hin but in both areas property prices were much higher than Pattaya and Jomtien so chose darkside Jomtien next to English programme school for son. Tollways very good to BK and rest of Thailand. School not too expensive. Best thing about this area is that all services cater for Farang and all facilities available eg 5 international hospitals I presume the complete opposite of Isaan plus most speak reasonable english. Embassies 1 hr away in BK. Several competent visa agents in Pattaya. Everything really central and easy to get to (unlike BK and HH) 

• Haha 1

Interesting post as the wife and i are evaluating the exact same thing.

So far we have spent time in Hua Hin and we really like it and always have. But this trip it was very quiet and sadly not so many choices of hotels and restaurants/bars etc. Hope that changes soon. We stayed in 3 hotels from 3 star to 5 star and were almost the onlly guests.

So it's off to Pattaya as soon as Songkran, in whatever shape it materializes, is over for a few weeks. Will stay a week or two in each of Jomtien and Central Pattaya. Before we always stayed in Jomtien but eneded up on the baht bus most days for shopping. Living there will be different so we will try both places, but I suspect Jomtien wil be the favourite.

Proximity to, hopefully unneeded, hospitals is my priority for the future. Where we live now is at least 3 hours from decent care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have lived in Thailand for nearly 30 years and have assimilated into my local Isan community. 

if true, how possible that you know nothing ?

sorry but I do not live in Esaan already know Esaan life perfectly !

Go to Huahin if you are ready to die, go to Pattaya if you still want some fun in your life (and some of the cheapest best restaurants oh whole Thailand). Do not worry about beach, because as most foreigners living in Pattaya you will see in twice a year at most (how ridiculous!) except if you are smart enough to live at walking distance near the beach.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

For the beaches and golf course, and a few other things like foreign friends when I feel like it

Did you consider Bang Saray?

It's far enough away from Pattaya to be no tourist place anymore. But there are still enough westerns so that you don't feel "alone" and it's near enough to restaurants and shopping in Pattaya if you want to go there.

Lots of long term residents live in that area.